Xiom Vega, Omega and Sigma

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Hi!

I was wondering what is the difference between Xiom most famous rubbers: Vega, Omega and Sigma. I've searched in the net about an hour and didn't find anything.
Hope to get some help!

I would also like to know the differences between these xiom rubbers. I'm currently looking for a new set up too, so if anyone is using xiom rubbers it would be nice to know what blades work well with them. Thank you in advance!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Vega - more control + spin, softer rubber has higher arc, China is hard sponge
Omega - more speed and decent spin
Sigma - Spin + Speed, less control - really fast with lower arc

basically, other than that, there is Pro, Asia, Euro, Elite, Tour, China, Japan etc, so maybe you should just do a comparison between 2 models than oppose to an entire series.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014

basically, other than that, there is Pro, Asia, Euro, Elite, Tour, China, Japan etc, so maybe you should just do a comparison between 2 models than oppose to an entire series.

Thanks Tony for your information on the xiom rubbers, it was much needed! A little more researching and I think I will have a new bh rubber sorted out :)

This user has no status.
Asia is harder sponge than Euro
due to harder sponge, Asia is faster while Euro has more dwell

In a way O4Euro is like T05FX, or maybe a bit softer.

How about the arc and spin of asia. To which can it be compared?

Send from my Samsung Galaxy s4 by using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Thanks vvk1, but I've already searched in these two websites. I'm also registered in tabletennisdb, but those informations are not pretty acurate. I don't very trust them. In mytabletennis.net I've founded a thread about this same article, but those information are pretty useless.

"Found useless and inaccurate information in my opinion" is not the same as "didn't find anything", mate.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

I assume you refer to Vega Europe or Elite, because Vega Pro is pretty much same hardness as the Omega IV Pro or Asia.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I assume you refer to Vega Europe or Elite, because Vega Pro is pretty much same hardness as the Omega IV Pro or Asia.

Now, i'm using general assumption between the series.
Then you get the hardness.

So say, all Pro, or all Euro comparison - to be fair.
Can't go and compared a Sigma II Pro with Omega Pro and say it is the same with Omega Euro - hence I said, compared 2 models, not the series. But the above is general in series on what to expect.
IE Vega Pro is not really fast, when compared to Omega Pro, yet along Sigma Pro

Also Vega Pro is not same hardness as Omega Pro
It is slightly softer - due to the topsheet differences.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
May I know the differences between vega pro and vega euro?i find vega pro is a bit hard to do backhand flick...is it better to use vega euro for backhand?since euro is much more softer than pro..

Some people like very soft rubbers on both sides.
Some people prefer softer rubbers on the BH side.

To me Vega Euro is too slow, and I loose too much speed.
Even Vega Pro is too soft for me.
So everyone's view is different.

But if you have tried out Vega Pro on your BH and as what you said, then Vega Euro can work for you.
As the sponge is softer, you can grip the ball a bit more.

But never the less, Vega Pro seems to be the best selling - according to Xiom's Facebook page.
I'm selling tons of Vega Euro in South Africa, due to the low cost and quality tensor rubber.

This user has no status.
I had similar question, so from XIOM distributor I got the following response :

Vega Pro and Vega Asia: Same sponge but different topsheet. Vega Pro little bit harder and more tension!

Omega IV Pro and Omega IV Asia: Sponge of Omega Asia is a little bit harder than Pro. Difference is not that much, but Pro has a better feeling due to softer feeling.

Sigma I Europe and Sigma I Pro: Same sponge, but topsheet of Pro is a little bit harder than Europe due to different pimples inside. Vega Japan is downgraded Sigma I Europe, softer sponge (45).

Sigma II Europe: newer technology than Sigma I, factory tuned, smells like booster.

Omega V Pro and Omega V Tour: both very catchy topsheet, a lot of spin due to this fact! Omega Tour is a little bit harder when you hit the ball. Tour is for very offensive player and Pro is for more control. The diameter of the Omega V Pro pimple are smaller than Omega 5 Tour. The technology of Omega V is the newest from German technology until now, but new rubber will be released in May 2014

For me it is difficult to say what kind of rubber is best clone of Tenergy05 or MX-P. I think every rubber is different and most players don’t feel the difference between Tenergy and our rubbers. Before I started to work for XIOM I played with Tenergy05. I changed without any problem to Vega Pro, to Sigma Pro and now to Omega V Tour. What can I say, my results are the same, maybe a little bit better.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Xiom Rubber ranges

Hi!

I was wondering what is the difference between Xiom most famous rubbers: Vega, Omega and Sigma. I've searched in the net about an hour and didn't find anything.
Hope to get some help!

My young son was using Vega Elite and got on very well but started to want something faster so we tried DHS Hurricane but he hated it and it ruined a tournament for him so we quickly switched back to the vega and decided to be a bit more cautious about our rubber changes from then on. I struggled to make head or tail of the Xiom range so I emailed them and got this reply:
About your question,
Our rubbers are divided in to 4 categories.
Pro, Asia, Euro and Elite.
Pro is for extremely offensive players
Asia is for offensive players who also need decent spin
Euro is for Allround players which spin and control are important
Elite is for young players who has just began learning tabletennis which required good control.

Difference between Vega, Omega, and Sigma are class.
Vega is made for amateurs and semi-professional,
Omega is made for professional & Semi Professional
Sigma is for players between Vega and Omega.

Since then we switched from Vega Elite to Vega Europe (max) on his FH which he really liked but still wanted more speed so I bought a second hand sheet of Vega Pro on eBay for him to try. It's only a 2.0mm but he absolutely loves it and is begging me to get him red and black Pro (max) for his birthday in a few weeks. Having read a lot of really positive reviews of Sigma though, I wish there was a way he could try that out first before we finally commit but I've not seen any going cheap on eBay so I think it's going to be the Vega Pro for at least the rest of this year

Last edited:
Reactions: riemsesy and michiy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I pasted exactly what I received from Xiom. It was signed off B.rgds /
Overseas Team / 해외팀
XIOM Corp
T+82.2.6323.5404 / F+82.2.6323.5475