Michael Maze is BACK!.... Officially

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hi guys.
During the DHS Europe Cup 2014 Michael Maze has proven that he's still in top shape after his recovery.
This thread people can welcome Maze back and discuss what this eventually could lead to after his big upset in the semifinals against Dima.

I just wanna start to congratulate Maze and say we all have missed him.

12400912725_b35f8d5f27_z.jpg

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hes back!

What I find truly amazing about Maze story is how he can come back after injury and take on the worlds best and defeat them. Dimitrij Ovtcharov has been playing so well, and has played many tournaments recently gaining lots of match sharpness. Maze comes along, plays very different and so aggressive.

I wonder if he wins because players are just not use to him? I wonder if Ovtcharov felt slightly nervous in the match.

I really hope Maze now continues to play in many tournaments this year! Fantastic to watch!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
What I find truly amazing about Maze story is how he can come back after a long term injury and take on the worlds best and defeat them. Dimitrij Ovtcharov has been playing so well, and has played many tournaments recently gaining lots of match sharpness. Maze comes along, plays very different and so aggressive.

I wonder if players such as Ovtcharov are becoming nervous against Maze? Players are certanly not use to Maze style, it's very unique and he is hungry when he is playing.

I really hope Maze continues to play in tournaments throughout the year. He is fantastic to watch!

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

Sep 2012
I really hope Maze now continues to play in many tournaments this year! Fantastic to watch!
Fantastic to watch, yes, but I don't think he should be pushing it, considering his history with injuries. Surgery on both hips, such a long, painful and probably a frustrating as hell recovery... It's a miracle that he can play on any level, let a lone the elite level.

And I think he really caught Dima off guard yesterday, because Dima played like a monster against Timo, and it felt like Maze didn't allow him to develop him game fully.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
How popular is Maze in Denmark right now? Is his sensational win big news over there?
of cause in the tt community here in Denmark we are all excited about him coming back and play as if nothing had happen. In terms of the rest of the country the media follows him close due to he is the best tt player Denmark ever had.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
What I find truly amazing about Maze story is how he can come back after a long term injury and take on the worlds best and defeat them. Dimitrij Ovtcharov has been playing so well, and has played many tournaments recently gaining lots of match sharpness. Maze comes along, plays very different and so aggressive.

I wonder if players such as Ovtcharov are becoming nervous against Maze? Players are certanly not use to Maze style, it's very unique and he is hungry when he is playing.

I really hope Maze continues to play in tournaments throughout the year. He is fantastic to watch!
I know from coaches around the Danish national team that he is training hard. Mentally he has developed himself a great deal. He is a clever player and that he has proven against Hao Shuai where he made some would say the best come back ever.

Like u say Dan he's hungry and I think we haven't seen nothing yet ;)

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
is maze now a stiga player? he used to be a butterfly player right? can someone show me what blade and rubber he is using last game against dimi?
Hi cobrado. No he's not a Stiga player. The danish national team is sponsored by Stiga so that's the reason why he wears the clothes. He's still a butterfly sponsored player. I know he is using TBS but about the rubbers I am not sure. The sponge looks like some kind of tenergy in FH and maybe he still plays with Bryce in BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Anyone know what Equipment Michael maze was using at the 2014 DHS cup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Can you please elaborate on your statement "take on the worlds best and defeat them"?

Perhaps my eye sight isn't that good but I didn't see the worlds best at this tournament.

I look forward to being put in my place by you giving me the H2H of DO and TB in detail with what I, the rankings and the results consider to be THE WORLD'S best.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
No disrespect to the players AT ALL.

Sorry not to have stated this up front as they are clearly amazing. (No pun nor bias intended.)

M51

M51

Sep 2012
Can you please elaborate on your statement "take on the worlds best and defeat them"?Perhaps my eye sight isn't that good but I didn't see the worlds best at this tournament.
No reason to be sarcastic, bro.

But you're right, no European player can take on the world's best at the moment. It's just how it is.

EDIT: Some awesomeness:

GRObDti.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Giangt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Can you please elaborate on your statement "take on the worlds best and defeat them"?

Perhaps my eye sight isn't that good but I didn't see the worlds best at this tournament.

Clearly Dima is considered one of the "worlds best" table tennis players. Dima is good enough to take on the worlds best and clearly Dan means Maze is playing in the World Top 5 level coming out of no where.

Any player in the Top 10 in the world is consider world's best (in China's eye), yet alone Dima being the number 1 "enemy".
If China classfies Dima as worlds best (extreme world class top level player), maybe you should consider him worlds best too?

Or do you prefer to words world best to - the World Champion/Olympic Champion etc? Which means Dan should of said, "Take on one of the worlds top 10 players"?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I also thought maybe it got to do with Dima and others that are not familar to Maze style, but same can be said that Maze is not familar withe the improved Dima.
One thing for sure is, Maze is really hungry for table tennis, and maybe the new robot helped him too lol.

Maze is indeed fun to watch - especially the fighting spirit
Only thing I don't enjoy is the unsportsmanship part, so hope he has matured and can play some good table tennis with great sponsorship.

PS, when some one is hungry, they are always more scary

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Very true and thanks for pointing it out. Sorry Dan for being a n@b.

No worries at all buddy, you are right in a way. The worlds very best are the Chinese but Dimitrij is close to those guys.

I thought u were going to say "when some one is hungry, stay out of their way or u might be eaten" ;)

Haha! :)