Back to Forum
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 110
  1. TableTennisDaily is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2,0 is live!
     
    Administrator 6,458 4,050
    TableTennisDaily's Avatar
    TableTennisDaily is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2,0 is live!
     
    Administrator 4,050 6,458

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2010
    England
    4,050
    6,458
    22593
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    Ask Kristian Karlsson a question!

    Hi everyone,

    Kristian Karlsson is our latest addition to the Verified Pro Account and has signed up to the TableTennisDaily website and is willing to answer your questions! Kristian is a professional player who represented Sweden at the London 2012 Olympics. His current world ranking stands at 92 on the ITTF World Ranking List (January 2014)!


    Kristian Karlsson - Photo by: An Sung Ho

    Kristian Karlsson (@Kristian Karlsson) is registered to the site, any questions you would like to ask him, just fire away by posting below and he will do his best to get back to you as soon as possible.

    The Following 2 Users Like TableTennisDaily's Post:

    fais and TTHopeful

    Out Now: TableTennisDaily.com 2.0

  2. Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 28 44
    Kristian Karlsson's Avatar
    Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 44 28

    User Info Menu


    Feb 2014
    44
    28
    170
    Read 0 Reviews
    #2
    Hello all. Thanks for setting this up TTD. I have been following lots of news on here and other verified pro player responses for a while now. Thanks for all the support everyone. I will do my best to get back to your questions.

    Thanks.

    The Following 4 Users Like Kristian Karlsson's Post:

    BeGo, Steven and 2 others


  3. Giangt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Super Moderator 1,545 1,813
    Giangt's Avatar
    Giangt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Super Moderator 1,813 1,545
    #3
    Hi Kristian.
    Welcome on board! Looking forward to hear about your experience being a pro player.
    Spare setup: Blade: Custom DHS W968 93.5g, FH: Hurricane 3 National BS (Black), BH: Tenergy 64 (Red)

  4. TTHopeful is offline
    says Dima... Amazing...
     
    Master TTD Member 854 2,176
    TTHopeful's Avatar
    TTHopeful is offline
    says Dima... Amazing...
     
    Master TTD Member 2,176 854

    User Info Menu

    #4
    Welcome Kristian!

    I would like to know what was it like paring up with Fan Zhendong at the recent Kuwait Open? Did you guys have some tactics? Did you speak English together?

    Sorry for all my questions


  5. MDanielCRO is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 198 794
    MDanielCRO's Avatar
    MDanielCRO is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 794 198
    #5
    Are you excited to play in doubles with Yan An at Qatar open?

  6. izra is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 430 316
    izra's Avatar
    izra is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 316 430
    #6
    who did you play against that had a quality that really made them stand out and what was it?

    anything about a certain opponent that amazed you or you found difficult to play against?

  7. Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 28 44
    Kristian Karlsson's Avatar
    Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 44 28

    User Info Menu


    Feb 2014
    44
    28
    170
    Read 0 Reviews
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Giangt
    Hi Kristian.
    Welcome on board! Looking forward to hear about your experience being a pro player.
    Hi Giangt! Thanks for the Welcome, I look forward to be a part of the community on this site!

  8. Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 28 44
    Kristian Karlsson's Avatar
    Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 44 28

    User Info Menu


    Feb 2014
    44
    28
    170
    Read 0 Reviews
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TTHopeful
    Welcome Kristian!

    I would like to know what was it like paring up with Fan Zhendong at the recent Kuwait Open? Did you guys have some tactics? Did you speak English together?

    Sorry for all my questions

    Thanks!

    This was the second time I had the priviliege to be pairedwith Fan Zhendong and it was again a great experience. We always had a tactic before our match. Obviously the tactic was depending on which opponents we where matched against. We also had a fun agreement, he'd teach me Table Tennis and i'd taech him English. He is a really nice person and very humble. After we went out in the quarter final he said he was sarry for the terrible performance he did, which i replied i don't think you are the problem

    The Following 2 Users Like Kristian Karlsson's Post:

    Mtcollins and TableTennisNerd


  9. Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 28 44
    Kristian Karlsson's Avatar
    Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 44 28

    User Info Menu


    Feb 2014
    44
    28
    170
    Read 0 Reviews
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MDanielCRO
    Are you excited to play in doubles with Yan An at Qatar open?
    Hi MDanielCRO. Yes ofcourse im excited to play with Yan An. It's a really nice event for me when i can play with the chinese players, this will be my third time. It gives you a tiny bit of insight on how they work and prepare for a match. This is information you can use and adapt to since they are by far the best players in the world

  10. Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 28 44
    Kristian Karlsson's Avatar
    Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 44 28

    User Info Menu


    Feb 2014
    44
    28
    170
    Read 0 Reviews
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by izra
    who did you play against that had a quality that really made them stand out and what was it?

    anything about a certain opponent that amazed you or you found difficult to play against?
    Hi Izra!
    That was a tricky question and had me pondering quite a while. In my first World Championship match ever, I had the honor of playing agianst Ma Long in the 2012 World team championships in Dortmund. After the match (i think i got 2,3,5 or something like that) Irealised how exceptionally good the best chinese players really are. They do soooooo small mistakes every match that's it's really really difficult to find weak spots in their gameplay. That it outstanding to me!
    Best regards, Kristian!

  11. Dan is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 4,207 6,792
    Dan's Avatar
    Dan is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 6,792 4,207
    #11
    Hi Tristian! Really appreciate you joining the TTD community!

    This time in Qatar you are playing doubles with Yan An. How comes your not pairing with Fan Zhendong again?

    Who picks your doubles partners?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

  12. Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 28 44
    Kristian Karlsson's Avatar
    Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 44 28

    User Info Menu


    Feb 2014
    44
    28
    170
    Read 0 Reviews
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Hi Tristian! Really appreciate you joining the TTD community!

    This time in Qatar you are playing doubles with Yan An. How comes your not pairing with Fan Zhendong again?

    Who picks your doubles partners?


    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

    Hi Dan!
    Yeah im happy that i had the chance of becoming a part of this site!
    I have no idea who sets the paring for doubles. But i've figured that it is some sort of promotional thing from china so i guess they set the pair, and through that conclusion im really happy that i've been chosen 3 times so far

  13. Dan is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 4,207 6,792
    Dan's Avatar
    Dan is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!
     
    Administrator 6,792 4,207
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristian Karlsson
    Hi Dan!
    Yeah im happy that i had the chance of becoming a part of this site!
    I have no idea who sets the paring for doubles. But i've figured that it is some sort of promotional thing from china so i guess they set the pair, and through that conclusion im really happy that i've been chosen 3 times so far
    Wow thats really cool! Well done getting selected!

    How much are you training these days? Do you periodise your training for events. For example what has your training been like in the lead up to the Kuwait and Qatar open?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

  14. Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 28 44
    Kristian Karlsson's Avatar
    Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 44 28

    User Info Menu


    Feb 2014
    44
    28
    170
    Read 0 Reviews
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Wow thats really cool! Well done getting selected!

    How much are you training these days? Do you periodise your training for events. For example what has your training been like in the lead up to the Kuwait and Qatar open?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy
    Yes i periodise my training ver ycarefully since i have matches quite often in Pro A (France Leauge). So when I have like 2-3 weeks with only 1 or 2 matches i try to practice extra hard then because when i travel much back and forth i loose some training time. It's a puzzle but it's manageable.

    The training up to Kuwait and Qatar Have been quite normal with 2 sessions almost everyday the last 10 days before. Those 2 sessions can be table tennis, physical or mental practice.

  15. tomtat92 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 11
    T
    tomtat92 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 0

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2012
    Sweden
    11
    0
    86
    Read 0 Reviews
    #15
    Hello, what is the best technical tips you have got from a trainer that has improved your game the most?

  16. M51 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 163 363
    M51's Avatar
    M51 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 363 163
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristian Karlsson
    The training up to Kuwait and Qatar Have been quite normal with 2 sessions almost everyday the last 10 days before. Those 2 sessions can be table tennis, physical or mental practice.
    What kind of mental practice?

  17. Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 28 44
    Kristian Karlsson's Avatar
    Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 44 28

    User Info Menu


    Feb 2014
    44
    28
    170
    Read 0 Reviews
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by M51
    What kind of mental practice?
    Last year I had a mental coach which I still have contact with, we discuss how I feel during practice and matches but lately my main mental practice have been about Visualisation

  18. Icemanspirit is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 13 53
    I
    Icemanspirit is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 53 13

    User Info Menu


    May 2013
    England
    53
    13
    163
    Read 0 Reviews
    #18
    Hi Kristian,
    firstly great to see another player joining the site.
    My question is what your impression is of FZD additionally to him being humble and a nice person.
    How would you describe I attitude towards the game?
    How fast is he actually in the court when you stand that close to him?

    Thank you, for this opportunity to raise questions!

  19. Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 28 44
    Kristian Karlsson's Avatar
    Kristian Karlsson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 44 28

    User Info Menu


    Feb 2014
    44
    28
    170
    Read 0 Reviews
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemanspirit
    Hi Kristian,
    firstly great to see another player joining the site.
    My question is what your impression is of FZD additionally to him being humble and a nice person.
    How would you describe I attitude towards the game?
    How fast is he actually in the court when you stand that close to him?

    Thank you, for this opportunity to raise questions!
    His attitude towards table tennis is pure dedication. He loves table tennis and it's almost all that he speaks of. He is really fast, but I think the reason of him seeming to be unhumanbly fast is his abillity to read where the opponent plays his next ball. He reads the game and moves before most others do creating the illusion that he is Usian Bolt

    The Following User Likes Kristian Karlsson's Post:

    Mtcollins


  20. TTHopeful is offline
    says Dima... Amazing...
     
    Master TTD Member 854 2,176
    TTHopeful's Avatar
    TTHopeful is offline
    says Dima... Amazing...
     
    Master TTD Member 2,176 854

    User Info Menu

    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristian Karlsson
    Thanks!

    This was the second time I had the priviliege to be pairedwith Fan Zhendong and it was again a great experience. We always had a tactic before our match. Obviously the tactic was depending on which opponents we where matched against. We also had a fun agreement, he'd teach me Table Tennis and i'd taech him English. He is a really nice person and very humble. After we went out in the quarter final he said he was sarry for the terrible performance he did, which i replied i don't think you are the problem
    Thanks for the reply! Lol Fan Zhendong sounds like a cool person! He seems very humble and nice to like you say.

    What do you think is the most important part to practice in table tennis? What can average players do/practice to improve as quick as possible?

    Do you do strength and conditioning? If so what areas do you think are important? Perhaps lunges? squats? etc...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.