Ask Kristian Karlsson a question!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hi everyone,

Kristian Karlsson is our latest addition to the Verified Pro Account and has signed up to the TableTennisDaily website and is willing to answer your questions! Kristian is a professional player who represented Sweden at the London 2012 Olympics. His current world ranking stands at 92 on the ITTF World Ranking List (January 2014)!

kristianproplayer.jpg

Kristian Karlsson - Photo by: An Sung Ho

Kristian Karlsson (@Kristian Karlsson) is registered to the site, any questions you would like to ask him, just fire away by posting below and he will do his best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Reactions: fais and TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Welcome Kristian!

I would like to know what was it like paring up with Fan Zhendong at the recent Kuwait Open? Did you guys have some tactics? Did you speak English together?

Sorry for all my questions :)

1688954_615871361816089_2137692579_n.jpg

Thanks!

This was the second time I had the priviliege to be pairedwith Fan Zhendong and it was again a great experience. We always had a tactic before our match. Obviously the tactic was depending on which opponents we where matched against. We also had a fun agreement, he'd teach me Table Tennis and i'd taech him English. He is a really nice person and very humble. After we went out in the quarter final he said he was sarry for the terrible performance he did, which i replied i don't think you are the problem :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Are you excited to play in doubles with Yan An at Qatar open? :D

Hi MDanielCRO. Yes ofcourse im excited to play with Yan An. It's a really nice event for me when i can play with the chinese players, this will be my third time. It gives you a tiny bit of insight on how they work and prepare for a match. This is information you can use and adapt to since they are by far the best players in the world :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
who did you play against that had a quality that really made them stand out and what was it?

anything about a certain opponent that amazed you or you found difficult to play against?

Hi Izra!
That was a tricky question and had me pondering quite a while. In my first World Championship match ever, I had the honor of playing agianst Ma Long in the 2012 World team championships in Dortmund. After the match (i think i got 2,3,5 or something like that) Irealised how exceptionally good the best chinese players really are. They do soooooo small mistakes every match that's it's really really difficult to find weak spots in their gameplay. That it outstanding to me!
Best regards, Kristian!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi Tristian! Really appreciate you joining the TTD community!

This time in Qatar you are playing doubles with Yan An. How comes your not pairing with Fan Zhendong again?

Who picks your doubles partners?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Hi Tristian! Really appreciate you joining the TTD community!

This time in Qatar you are playing doubles with Yan An. How comes your not pairing with Fan Zhendong again?

Who picks your doubles partners?

Hi Dan!
Yeah im happy that i had the chance of becoming a part of this site!
I have no idea who sets the paring for doubles. But i've figured that it is some sort of promotional thing from china so i guess they set the pair, and through that conclusion im really happy that i've been chosen 3 times so far :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi Dan!
Yeah im happy that i had the chance of becoming a part of this site!
I have no idea who sets the paring for doubles. But i've figured that it is some sort of promotional thing from china so i guess they set the pair, and through that conclusion im really happy that i've been chosen 3 times so far :)

Wow thats really cool! Well done getting selected!

How much are you training these days? Do you periodise your training for events. For example what has your training been like in the lead up to the Kuwait and Qatar open?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Wow thats really cool! Well done getting selected!

How much are you training these days? Do you periodise your training for events. For example what has your training been like in the lead up to the Kuwait and Qatar open?

Yes i periodise my training ver ycarefully since i have matches quite often in Pro A (France Leauge). So when I have like 2-3 weeks with only 1 or 2 matches i try to practice extra hard then because when i travel much back and forth i loose some training time. It's a puzzle but it's manageable.

The training up to Kuwait and Qatar Have been quite normal with 2 sessions almost everyday the last 10 days before. Those 2 sessions can be table tennis, physical or mental practice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Hello, what is the best technical tips you have got from a trainer that has improved your game the most? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Hi Kristian,
firstly great to see another player joining the site.
My question is what your impression is of FZD additionally to him being humble and a nice person.
How would you describe I attitude towards the game?
How fast is he actually in the court when you stand that close to him?

Thank you, for this opportunity to raise questions!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Hi Kristian,
firstly great to see another player joining the site.
My question is what your impression is of FZD additionally to him being humble and a nice person.
How would you describe I attitude towards the game?
How fast is he actually in the court when you stand that close to him?

Thank you, for this opportunity to raise questions!

His attitude towards table tennis is pure dedication. He loves table tennis and it's almost all that he speaks of. He is really fast, but I think the reason of him seeming to be unhumanbly fast is his abillity to read where the opponent plays his next ball. He reads the game and moves before most others do creating the illusion that he is Usian Bolt :)

Reactions: Mtcollins
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Thanks!

This was the second time I had the priviliege to be pairedwith Fan Zhendong and it was again a great experience. We always had a tactic before our match. Obviously the tactic was depending on which opponents we where matched against. We also had a fun agreement, he'd teach me Table Tennis and i'd taech him English. He is a really nice person and very humble. After we went out in the quarter final he said he was sarry for the terrible performance he did, which i replied i don't think you are the problem :)

Thanks for the reply! Lol Fan Zhendong sounds like a cool person! He seems very humble and nice to like you say.

What do you think is the most important part to practice in table tennis? What can average players do/practice to improve as quick as possible?

Do you do strength and conditioning? If so what areas do you think are important? Perhaps lunges? squats? etc...