Back to Forum

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the GAC Asian Cup 2014?

Voters
519. This poll is closed
  • Ma Long

    349 67.24%
  • Fan Zhendong

    123 23.70%
  • Chaung Chih Yuan

    7 1.35%
  • Jun Mizutani

    9 1.73%
  • Kenta Matsudaira

    13 2.50%
  • Gao Ning

    0 0%
  • Tang Peng

    2 0.39%
  • Chen Chien An

    0 0%
  • Kim Min Seok

    9 1.73%
  • Other (Post Below)

    7 1.35%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 181 to 192 of 192
  1. Alborz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 333 1,253
    Alborz's Avatar
    Alborz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,253 333
    #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis
    Grand Final being the riches tournament out there is "great" because the qualifications requires players to play in X amount of world tours in X amount of continent and then rank then by points collected during the year.

    So this is a qualifcation based on a player who has done well and participated in a many world tours over a selective amount of time. Than oppose to just show up in 1 touranement and do well there and get crowned champion etc.

    So imo, Grand Final is a more fair selection policy than WC
    It is surely a stupid way to select players for WC. But it makes it more interesting.
    Selection way for Grand final is not that fair. You can win one tour at it is over, you can be there. Other wins will just make your draw easier.Last year Zhang Jike only won the Kuwait Open and performed terrible in other world tour but still he was in grand final as the #6 player.
    Zhang Jike : Man Of Steel
    Never give up without a fight
    Nothing is more risky than playing table tennis without risk

  2. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,405 3,489
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,489 2,405

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    3,489
    2,405
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Alborz
    It is surely a stupid way to select players for WC. But it makes it more interesting.
    Selection way for Grand final is not that fair. You can win one tour at it is over, you can be there. Other wins will just make your draw easier.Last year Zhang Jike only won the Kuwait Open and performed terrible in other world tour but still he was in grand final as the #6 player.
    Again, its all about 1) being elidgible and then 2) seeding/selection by points.
    It was sad that so many players did not attempt to become elidgible in 2013 Grand Final

    There is 20 world tours in a year, and it only takes 5 of them to become elidgible for GF

    Compared to WC, many world rank 50-100 players can become top 10 in Asia Cup (because of the 2 player rule of the stronger countries) and qualify for WC accordling....

    I can't find last years one any more, but here is 2014 standings
    http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf...gory=standings

    Olympic and WC - you can be the number 3 player of top countries and not be elidgible to take part...so sad
    Mean while, other players ranked hundreds of spots below you can take part
    Last edited by Tony's Table Tennis; 03-24-2014 at 01:58 PM.

  3. Alborz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 333 1,253
    Alborz's Avatar
    Alborz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,253 333
    #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis
    Again, its all about 1) being elidgible and then 2) seeding/selection by points.It was sad that so many players did not attempt to become elidgible in 2013 Grand FinalThere is 20 world tours in a year, and it only takes 5 of them to become elidgible for GFCompared to WC, many world rank 50-100 players can become top 10 in Asia Cup (because of the 2 player rule of the stronger countries) and qualify for WC accordling....I can't find last years one any more, but here is 2014 standingshttp://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf...gory=standingsOlympic and WC - you can be the number 3 player of top countries and not be elidgible to take part...so sadMean while, other players ranked hundreds of spots below you can take part
    Agree with you on this.GF qualifying system is much better than WC. It's one of the best systems. But i think a qualifying system that is based on WR will be better with no limit for the numbr of players from each country.
    Zhang Jike : Man Of Steel
    Never give up without a fight
    Nothing is more risky than playing table tennis without risk

  4. Alborz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 333 1,253
    Alborz's Avatar
    Alborz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,253 333
    #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis
    Again, its all about 1) being elidgible and then 2) seeding/selection by points.
    It was sad that so many players did not attempt to become elidgible in 2013 Grand Final

    There is 20 world tours in a year, and it only takes 5 of them to become elidgible for GF

    Compared to WC, many world rank 50-100 players can become top 10 in Asia Cup (because of the 2 player rule of the stronger countries) and qualify for WC accordling....

    I can't find last years one any more, but here is 2014 standings
    http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf...gory=standings

    Olympic and WC - you can be the number 3 player of top countries and not be elidgible to take part...so sad
    Mean while, other players ranked hundreds of spots below you can take part
    Agree with you on this.
    GF qualifying system is much better than WC. It's one of the best systems. But i think a qualifying system that is based on WR will be better with no limit for the number of players from each country.
    Zhang Jike : Man Of Steel
    Never give up without a fight
    Nothing is more risky than playing table tennis without risk

  5. Icemanspirit is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 13 53
    I
    Icemanspirit is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 53 13

    User Info Menu


    May 2013
    England
    53
    13
    163
    Read 0 Reviews
    #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Alborz
    How do you know Players personal coaches in CNT make such judgement/prediction?
    Everything can happen but some people has more chances than others. To me they are Zhang Jike and Ma Long. I'm not saying they will surely be there. I'm saying they have simply more chance than the others.
    How can you say Zhang Jike and Ma Long are so much better than FZD and XX?
    One thing is for sure. We are all non-professional players (except than the pro's in this forum).
    Let's leave the judgement to the Chinese trainers!
    All I can add to the discussion is that I see an interesting development in the FZD vs ML encounters:
    1. Encounter (Chinese trials for WTTC) ML supreme in every area except than bh
    2. Encounter (CNG) ML won but FZD was able to outblock him and prevent ML from getting in with topspins
    3. Encounter (Trials for Tokio) FZD won due to strong topspins, bh but ML was (supposedly half-injured)
    4. Encounter (Asian Cup) ML won due to short-short and very good 3rd ball game, FZD faster in the topspins but overhit the ball on various occasions but displayed great psychological stability coming back from 2-0, 3-1 to 3-3.
    I leave the judgement to LGL and the other Chinese coaches.

    The Following User Likes Icemanspirit's Post:

    ttmonster


  6. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,405 3,489
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,489 2,405

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    3,489
    2,405
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemanspirit
    How can you say Zhang Jike and Ma Long are so much better than FZD and XX?
    One thing is for sure. We are all non-professional players (except than the pro's in this forum).
    Let's leave the judgement to the Chinese trainers!
    All I can add to the discussion is that I see an interesting development in the FZD vs ML encounters:
    1. Encounter (Chinese trials for WTTC) ML supreme in every area except than bh
    2. Encounter (CNG) ML won but FZD was able to outblock him and prevent ML from getting in with topspins
    3. Encounter (Trials for Tokio) FZD won due to strong topspins, bh but ML was (supposedly half-injured)
    4. Encounter (Asian Cup) ML won due to short-short and very good 3rd ball game, FZD faster in the topspins but overhit the ball on various occasions but displayed great psychological stability coming back from 2-0, 3-1 to 3-3.
    I leave the judgement to LGL and the other Chinese coaches.
    Great observation.

    FZD is still improving (a year ago, he was a no body basically). and Ma Long likely have hit his heights. So this high/low gap is getting narrower and narrower every single month.

  7. Alborz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 333 1,253
    Alborz's Avatar
    Alborz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,253 333
    #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemanspirit
    How can you say Zhang Jike and Ma Long are so much better than FZD and XX?
    One thing is for sure. We are all non-professional players (except than the pro's in this forum).
    Let's leave the judgement to the Chinese trainers!
    All I can add to the discussion is that I see an interesting development in the FZD vs ML encounters:
    1. Encounter (Chinese trials for WTTC) ML supreme in every area except than bh
    2. Encounter (CNG) ML won but FZD was able to outblock him and prevent ML from getting in with topspins
    3. Encounter (Trials for Tokio) FZD won due to strong topspins, bh but ML was (supposedly half-injured)
    4. Encounter (Asian Cup) ML won due to short-short and very good 3rd ball game, FZD faster in the topspins but overhit the ball on various occasions but displayed great psychological stability coming back from 2-0, 3-1 to 3-3.
    I leave the judgement to LGL and the other Chinese coaches.
    I just want to add this:
    1.5. Encounter (China warm-up matches for WTTC): Ma Long blocked Fan Zhendong to death.
    2.5. Encounter (Trails for Tokyo stage 1): Ma Long eat FZD alive 3:0.

    In an interview with FZD at 2014 Asian Cup the reporter asked him: "How much do you think you have chance to beat Ma Long?".
    He answered: "3 or 4 percents."
    I mean he still hasn't the confidence to beat Ma Long so why we should think he will destroy him soon?
    Zhang Jike : Man Of Steel
    Never give up without a fight
    Nothing is more risky than playing table tennis without risk

  8. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,405 3,489
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,489 2,405

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    3,489
    2,405
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Alborz
    In an interview with FZD at 2014 Asian Cup the reporter asked him: "How much do you think you have chance to beat Ma Long?".
    He answered: "3 or 4 percents."
    I mean he still hasn't the confidence to beat Ma Long so why we should think he will destroy him soon?
    FZD said 3 to 4 percent?
    Are you sure its not 30 to 40 percent?

    1 year ago, FZD couldn't beat any 1st team members.
    1 year later he can beat WR top 10 players.
    Like to see what he can do in another year.
    Last edited by Tony's Table Tennis; 03-24-2014 at 04:33 PM.

  9. Alborz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 333 1,253
    Alborz's Avatar
    Alborz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,253 333
    #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis
    FZD said 3 to 4 percent?
    Are you sure its not 30 to 40 percent?

    1 year ago, FZD couldn't beat any 1st team members.
    1 year later he can beat WR top 10 players.
    Like to see what he can do in another year.
    Yes i'm sure. He is my source: http://http://tabletennista.com/2014...han-for-the-a/
    Zhang Jike : Man Of Steel
    Never give up without a fight
    Nothing is more risky than playing table tennis without risk

  10. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,405 3,489
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,489 2,405

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    3,489
    2,405
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Alborz
    Your link isn't correct, too many http....

    Any ways, 3 to 4 Chen is 30 to 40 percent. In Chinese, Chen is basically out of 10, no one will use 100%, or 0.3 and 0.4 Chen (out of 10).
    I'm pretty sure tabletennista made translation error (again).

  11. Alborz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 333 1,253
    Alborz's Avatar
    Alborz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,253 333
    #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis
    Your link isn't correct, too many http....Any ways, 3 to 4 Chen is 30 to 40 percent. In Chinese, Chen is basically out of 10, no one will use 100%, or 0.3 and 0.4 Chen (out of 10).I'm pretty sure tabletennista made translation error (again).
    here is the correct link: http://tabletennista.com/2014/3/chin...han-for-the-a/
    You are probably right about it. 3 or 4 percent is just too little for Fan Zhendong.
    Last edited by Alborz; 03-24-2014 at 05:05 PM.
    Zhang Jike : Man Of Steel
    Never give up without a fight
    Nothing is more risky than playing table tennis without risk

  12. propingpong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 30 18
    propingpong's Avatar
    propingpong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 18 30
    #192
    Hi all,
    I just finished my calculating of points for the final match (Fan Zhendong vs Ma Long).
    The link is below:
    http://www.propingpong.ru/statistic.php?video=4544

    Sorry for delay.

    The Following 4 Users Like propingpong's Post:

    arhabib, foo and 2 others


Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.