how to remove glue from back of rubber

This user has no status.
okay its like this, i do this very very often to reboost my hurricane fully:
if you glue the rubber a lot there is a very thick layer of glue on your sponge. as thicker the layer of the glue as easier it is. then you have to take the glue and just brush it off with your hands very carefully. you have to kinda roll the glue of the sponge, do always small lines/stripes to not destroy the rubber.

hahaha thats kinda hard for me to explain in english :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Just rub it with a ping pong ball it's what so far I've found the easiest.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Sometimes removing the glue is easy, but sometimes it's nearly impossible. I also a few times got blisters on my fingers from rubbing the glue of.

What I found out works remarkably well is the Butterfly Remover: http://be.butterfly.tt/product_info.php?pName=butterfly-remover&cName=lijm

Just wondering if you found this glue remover device works okay with other glues (besides Butterfly free chack)? I have this glue peeling problem with the Donic Vario glue as well, thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 4 reviews
I haven't tried it with Donic Vario glue, but it worked well with Tibhar Clean fix, Butterfly Free Chack II and some obscure Chinese glue I bought online. All three of those are regular water based glues

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
After I cut a new rubber, I keep the big part of the cut-out in my ruck. That is what I use to rub off old glue from blades or rubbers.

Some Koreans keep some lighter fluid handy for this as well. That works great on glue build up on the blade, saves 10X the time.

There are reasons why TT enthusiasts have certain parts of their hand all roughed up constantly. They are those who service a lot of bats and those who play a lot with a high choked up grip.