Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 179 735
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 735 179

Tenergy BH - which one?

Hi all. I was wondering what kind of backhand rubber would be good for me. I want a ton of spin close to the table, and control away from the table. I want to be able to block, but rubbers isn't the problem on that one I am thinking Tenergy 05, but should it be FX? Thank you!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 16
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 16 1

User Info Menu

Feb 2014
    Read 0 Reviews
    FX with give you more control but will lack at the speed away from the table. I would stick with just normal tenergy 05

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 237 790
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 790 237
    It all depends on you and the blade, but personally I would go for the FX version.. But then again thats me and my love for softer BH rubbers

What blade do you play?

The Following User Likes Anders's Post:

Kaiwen

Don't hesitate. If you want to reach your goal, just go for it!

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 750 1,580
    S
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,580 750
    t05 is good for playing close, but it has quite low throw angle, so it is not that easy to flick the ball but very good for blocking. FX version is softer, so it is easier to flick and better in distance.

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 15,940 14,372
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 14,372 15,940
    Well, I am with Anders on this one. I am using 05 FX on my backhand and it is GREAT. Softer rubber for the backhand is really useful. I don't feel like I lose anything back from the table as a result.

But I got the idea for 05 FX on my backhand because I know a lot of pros from where I am who have started using it for backhand. It seems like the numbers are growing. I now know more pro players in this area who are using 05 FX on their backhand than any other single rubber. So, that was part of what got me to try it. And it is really great for my backhand.

But, in the end, it really comes down to personal choice. And what blade you are using would also affect what rubber would be better for you. So Anders asking which blade you are using is a useful question.

The Following 2 Users Like UpSideDownCarl's Post:

Anders and Rajah*

Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 02-24-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Thanks for the support Carl hehe

It's good to now be back on the forum after som months of absense due to military service

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Thanks a lot! This is for a new set up. If I can get the money together, the blade will be Stiga clipper. If not, it will be another fast spinny blade. My FH rubber will be h3 neo

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by agold
    Thanks a lot! This is for a new set up. If I can get the money together, the blade will be Stiga clipper. If not, it will be another fast spinny blade. My FH rubber will be h3 neo
    Well then, if you go for the STIGA Clipper, I would def go for the T05-FX version, since the blade will provide you with enough power regardless of how far away from the table you play The Clipper/Tenergy combo is also said to be legendary, and I can sign that myself since I have also used that combo for a long time, not anymore though :/

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 61 232
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 232 61
    Yan An said one time in an interview he prefers softer rubber on his backhand (he played 05fx) but he need more control so his father and his coach gave him the normal T05 and it works better. With Stiga Clipper you got tremendous catapult with T05fx so i would recommend you T05.

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 69 912
    M
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 912 69
    Close to the table T64 is supposed to be the best, but for anyone who prefers a balance between mid distance and close to table attack 05 is recommended. For added control FX versions should be bought. But to be honest if you need to control far away from the table you should try a slower rubber first. It is away from the table that you want a bit more speed and spin rather than control. Close to the table you'll want more control.

If you want an alternative to Tenergy I'd recommend JOOLA rhyzm or Maxxx. Both are great lines for people who need just a bit more control.

@Carl which pro's are you talking about?. I'm curious because I know several who still use 05 or 64 on their BH up in the NYC area.

Hope it helps.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Wow there is so much controversy! I am going to add a poll. Thanks everyone.

EDIT: It appears there is no way to edit in a poll, so I will create a new thread.
    Last edited by agold; 02-24-2014 at 07:40 PM.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Wow there is so much controversy! I am going to add a poll. Thanks everyone.

EDIT: It appears there is no way to edit in a poll, so I will create a new thread.
    Ofc there is controversy when rubbers are discussed, different players have different favourite rubbers
    ATM I use Donic Bluefire on a STIGA Maplewood blade and it works great for me. Gonna change to Andro soon tho, due to sponsorship.. But yeah, if the case is T05 vs T05-FX on a Clipper blade, it's all up to you if you want the softer rubber or harder rubber for your backhand, other than that they play about the same, only that the FX version might give you more control close to the table Far away from the table it will also give you more precise placements due to the longer dwell time that comes with softer rubbers. If you don't feel like playig a soft rubber, go for the regular version, as I said, it's just about preference

This user has no status.

TTD Member 23 79
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 79 23
    the tenergy 64fx is an excellent rubber too, very good balance between speed and control (1.9 for me), I think try 05fx a day but I have a good balance with my blade now!

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 61 232
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 232 61
    I think the best Tenergy for blocking and spinning close to the table is T05 and T25fx. the difference between those two is T05 is high throw while T25fx is middle low throw. On a Stiga Clipper both rubbers work well it just depends on your technique. If youre closing the racket well go for the T05, if you open the racket automatically to loop take the T25fx… i could never use T05 on my backhand because its to much high throw, on my forehand it works really well, so you see its kinda the technique which matters.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Hey guys I don't think I have enough money for the clipper so I am going to get Korbel I know this is a slower blade so does that change things?

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Hey guys I don't think I have enough money for the clipper so I am going to get Korbel I know this is a slower blade so does that change things?
    I would still recommend the T05-FX, but yeah, maybe.. You have to try for yourself

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by aiongoldbo
    I would still recommend the T05-FX, but yeah, maybe.. You have to try for yourself
    Please, you could have just liked my post.. Instead of copying and pasting it

says denial, it's not just a river in north africa

Established TTD Member 51 191
    H
    says denial, it's not just a river in north africa

Established TTD Member 191 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Please, you could have just liked my post.. Instead of copying and pasting it
    the account looks like a spammer ... see all of their other posts

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 16
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 16 1

User Info Menu

May 2013
    England
    Read 0 Reviews
    I've been using Tenergy 80 for the last year since it came out on my backhand and it's been a revelation, previously i had T05 on both wings but now just on the forehand. I find I can hit, block and loop with more confidence than before, it is a joy to play with.