Evolution MX-P

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Evolution MX-P

MX-P is the power weapon of choice for a player who likes to fast loop open or counter loop from mid-distance with authority.

MX-P is best used on a heavy, solid, stiff OFF or faster class blade, preferable a composite balde. It will feel "Wrong", "Not Lively" and "Ackward" on a lighter, flexy looping blade.

Hard sponge means you get a little extra leeway on soft touch returns and it is less spin sensitive than many modern rubbers on those slow shots.

The basic serve, push drill is similar to a modern rubber, but on flips, you want a little more solid contact. That holds true for any shot that is short of big swing or a countershot. Opening topspin vs underspin is possible, AND it is heavy, but you gotta know how to operate your blade and your body or it is epic fail city.

When you get into a rally where you are either hitting the ball, countering the ball, fast looping the ball, re-looping the ball from a step off the table, or smashing... you will greatly enjoy this rubber. You get an extra burst of pace and spin on your solid hit re-loop in a rally, unique to MX-P. If you are a T05 user with a composite blade, you won't have to change your stroke much for this. Softer struck balls will come off much lower and with much less spin. it is real difficult to assign a spin rating that makes sense, becuase you really only get the extreme spin on a well struck shot vs incoming topspin. That shot will carry rocket pace and insane topspin, so will your opening putaway fast loopkill vs a long underspin ball, like a long push off your serve. You can still make a heavy slow opener, but WHY with this rubber? It is less profit.

Serve/smashers will crave this on an OFF+ blade. Fast loopers and those who like to park a step or two away from the table and let 'er BANG in topspin to topspin rallies will absolutely pee in their pants waiting for the glue to dry to get a crack at operating MX-P on a solid fast blade.

My first review :D

Its the second set of MX-P I bought. Like many people I'm used to play with Tenergy both side, and boosted Tenergies are for me the "benchmarks" of today's rubbers.

Opening :
Nothing special about the packaging, packed like most of todays rubbers (Tenergy, Calibras...), no additional protective sheet is provided by Tibhar like it is with the Nimbus rubbers for example.
The Sponge is red/Orange, with very big bubbles (like bluefire M1 turbo sponge).
The topsheets are glossy. The rubbers are heavy (73gr uncut, 50gr cut to usual butterfly shape).
Topsheet and sponge are very flexible and elastics, no tack. The overall combination looks medium/hard, a touch harder than T05.

The rubbers were mainly tested on my Butterfly Kong Linghui Special blade (special made blade), pictures here :
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/14/1427724200-kls1.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/14/1427724196-kls2.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/14/1427724201-kls3.jpg

Rubbers have been tested also on all the blades you see below, feel free to ask anything about the potential combination you consider :
1427724199-general.jpg

No booster or any kind of tunning was used

Warm Up :

You will immediately feel a huge catapult effect with the mx-p, the rubber feels very linear, the innerpower of the rubber feels rather accessible.
Very good feeling, solid feel, not as hard as you would expect i think, meaning that the dwell time is particulary good with mx-p.

Forehand topspin :
It is my best stroke, my principal source of points during competitive matches.
You will immediately notice the very high throw angle of the rubber and that the catapult on topspins is huge. Rubber is linear and predictable despite huge catapult effect.
Good touch provided by the racket permit to easy adjust your stroke.
The spin and speed are generated quite easy. The rubber can be used close to table as well as mid-distance.
Close your racket for countertopsins, nearly "as much as you can".
MX-P really shines against backspin balls, making a strong a fast topspin agaisnt backspin balls is realy easy, just as easy as making a classic openning loop with lot of spin but slow.
Just go for the power topspin on backspin balls.

Backand topspins :
Backhand topspin is not my best stroke.
With MX-P I was able to make strong and fast topspins against backspin balls. It is one of the very few rubber permitting me to do this.
Most of my errors were because I didn't close enough my racket, the result is that the MX-P is realy good for topsins over the table, even on backspin balls.
The rubber won't make you the new FZD or ZJK with awesome backhand topsin over the table, but it will make you better on that very popular stroke.

Blocks :
Once you get adjusted to the high throw, you will love the MX-P for any kind of blocks.
The rubber doesn't forgive technical errors like other rubbers can (lets say for example ; T80 and Calibra Tour M, those rubbers are less sensitive to incomming spin than MX-P).

Serves :
So far, one of the best rubber I ever used for serves. The hard topsheet has awesome grip. You will love the rubber when it come to serves.

Serves returns :
Just like with blocks, the rubber doesn't forgive technical errors as much as other rubbers can.
The rubber is sensitive to incomming spin, you will "break" the incomming spin easy if the serve is long, with a FH or BH strong topspin, or even with a BH over the table topspin.
But you will need strong technic to keep your returns low and short or to realize regular flicks.
The rubber will remind you T05, requires a good technic and anticipation on passive serves returns.

Other things and some comments :

I didn't tried the rubber on a all wood blade, but the rubber felt amazing on IF AL which is not far from a 5 ply all wood blade, with limba outer and very good flex (picture here http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/14/1427724201-ifal1.jpg ).
Tenergies felt, to me, really akward and inert on IF AL, like losing their "spring sponge" on flexible blades, it is not the case with MX-P and the rubber remains fast and "springy" even on flexible blades.
The rubbers are really heavy, you might really dislike it even if you enjoy the rubber.
This is my second pair of MX-P's. Durability is top end. Since I can't stand playing with an "almost not new" rubber, MX-P can last me 6 weeks (to compare, a T80 last me about 3-4 weeks). The lose of speed and spin is very linear and pretty slow, you will enjoy the durability of MX-P.

I hope you enjoyed this review, I'll try to answer your questions if you have any.

says Hi Brookerbig, thanks for the message - in all honesty...
says Hi Brookerbig, thanks for the message - in all honesty...
Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews

Welcome to my new reviews! Every week I’ll be reviewing a different rubber, blade, or other equipment from my sponsors TIBHAR, the first of which is my personal favourite - the TIBHAR Evolution MX-P rubber. This rubber is currently available from my UK sponsors Bribar Table Tennis at a sale price of £34.99, reduced from £46.99. You can view and buy it here: http://shop.bribartt.co.uk/tibhar-evolution-mx-p.html

I play with this on both sides of my blade, both backhand and forehand, in 2.1mm sponge thickness which is the thickest sponge available with this rubber in order to ensure the combined thickness of the sponge and top sheet do not exceed ITTF restrictions on these things.

I first tried the TIBHAR Evolution MX-P last year and I was so impressed with it I decided I wanted to change in order to help my game. I had to wait a little while as I had matches approaching, and wanted to get a good week’s worth of practice in after playing with my old rubbers for any matches or competitions after this.

The thing I love about the TIBHAR Evolution MX-P is the medium hard sponge which provides me with just the right level of ‘rebound’ and feeling when I’m serving, opening up with my first heavy topspin loop from my opponents return and then attacking aggressively. The feeling is just right for my game, I never feel that it’s too fast so I still have the right level of control but at the same time it helps me generate a really good level of speed from my rubber which I find really important.

‘Medium-hard’ is difficult to quantify apart from by actually playing with the rubber yourself, but what I mean by this is it’s hard enough to produce really good speed but not so hard that ball dwell time on the bat is too low, making things harder to control and less easy to produce spin with. I have marked the rubber out of 10 on different aspects as above to try to help players with different styles work out if this is the best rubber for your game, if I had to mark this rubber out of 10 for the hardness of the sponge I’d say that if 1 was soft and 10 was hard, this would be around an 8 which for a player with my style is perfect.

The top sheet is a traditional European style rubber, which is slightly tacky but not like a Chinese style very tacky top rubber sheet, and again this is the perfect combination for me. I need a rubber top sheet which has the elasticity to let me produce heavy topspin on my attacking strokes and different levels of spin on my serves, but which is not to tacky as this is a very different type of feeling that isn’t quite suited to the way that I like to play. It’s a TENSOR style highly stretched top sheet and I really like the feeling that it produces.

I have found that the rubber is very durable for an attacking rubber of this level and quality. I change my rubbers regularly for my matches in the Belgian League, when playing for England and at ITTF World Tour events as I like the new and fresh feel, but these rubbers last longer than others I have played with in the past.

For speed, this rubber has to be king. I have scored it 9.5 from 10. It’s very fast, and suits the attacking player who likes to take the ball early at the table or from mid distance and play hard, attacking shots with a huge amount of spin. The rubber is not so quick that it lacks any feeling or control – the balance is excellent.

For spin, this rubber is also really excellent. I have scored it 9.5 from 10, but remember this is when talking about a player with my style. A defensive player for example may like the spin level but might find that a different sponge thickness is suited to them with the range of shots they employ. When it comes to attacking from both wings I find the level of topspin I can produce with the TIBHAR Evolution MX-P to be really brilliant.

For control, I have scored this rubber 9 out of 10. When you consider the speed it can help you to produce on your shots and the topspin it can help you generate, the control level is very, very high. It’s all about the balance and this rubber really excels in that department.

To sum up - If you like to topspin the ball strongly from both wings, open up from a backspin push or chop ball with heavy topspin, attack on the third or fifth ball aggressively, loop with heavy spin and speed from mid distance or block quickly but with control, then the TIBHAR Evolution MX-P is an absolutely first rate choice, and 100% the correct choice for me.

says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews

The previous reviews are very detailed, but I would like to add some missing things.

The rubber is not or should not be labeled heavy. Actually modern attacking rubbers are nearly at the same weight, which is 0.24 grams per square milimeter in max thickness. This is totally true to Evolution MX-P, Tenergy 05, Xiom Omega IV Pro, Bluefire M1, Acuda S1 Turbo ... (actual values may vary between 0.238-0.250 g/mm2)

This rubber is a mixture of the Bluefire M2 sponge with a semi chinese topsheet like TinArc 3 (a bit softer than that). This properties give this sheet a very controlled and very linear behaviour. Tolerance for mistakes and incoming spin read is outstanding.

Boosting the rubber with oil or other stuff makes it even faster and spinnier without negative effect. The original sheet smells from some sort of belgian booster, so after a mounth I reapplied booster to restore the original size.

Durability is outstanding, no abrasions. I clean my sheet after every training and it still preformes well (90-95%) after 3 mounths (120 hours overall).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews

This rubber is very good. I have just switched from using the Xiom Vega Europe and boy, was that an excellent choice. This rubber is a cheaper version of a tenergy. There is a lot of spin, control, and speed. There is nothing to not like about this rubber. As for receiving, it is good as well. The rubber is not as sensitive to spin as tenergy is. I highly recommend this to people who have used tenergy or want to try a rubber that is very similar to tenergy.

Reactions: TT-Chris
This user has no status.

Probably best rubber for loop and top spin close to the table.
I think this rubber is the real alternative to tenergy 05, I recommended this one for everybody who want very aggressive rubber whit low price.
Ive been using this rubber since august and it's still perfect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 3 reviews

I love this rubber on my BH, I like to brush the ball more with my BH topspin so I prefer the harder sponge. It also is great at punching or flat hitting, sometimes I do find it difficult to controller slow spiny topspins ( my technique). Over all my favourite rubber for BH

Evolution MX-P has what i was looking for my FH : a rubber hard enough to perform fast top-spins but having a nice dwell time for easy blocking and counter-hitting.
I find this balance very difficult to find. When the dwell time is ok, I usually feel the rubber is too soft.

On top of that, MX-P is amazing for serves. Killerspintt wrote : "You will love the rubber when it comes to serves". Oh yes you will.
You safely find any speed and placement for some very spinny serves.
The grip is great and enduring.

The high throw makes lifting heavy underspin a lot easier than the majority of rubbers.
My previous FH rubber was Target Ultim 50 by Cornilleau. That's a real rocket (the fastest rubber I ever played with) and a spin machine.
I loved it. The main downside is the low throw : perform a top spin on a heavy back spin ball is exhausting. And you do not have a choice : it has to be a slow and very spinny stroke.
It is way easier with MX-P. And you get versatility. You can go slow and spinny or fast and strong.

The factory boost is a bit too strong for me. Once unpacked, i let the rubber rest for several weeks to get the speed and feeling i want.

[Edit 11-30-2017] : I can play with MX-P right of the package on Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition.
The speed is awesome while keeping great control.

Tibhar Evolution MX-P
Weight: 69 grams uncut
Harness: Medium/Hard
Speed: Fast
Spin: High
Blade used: Adidas Avenger 5 blade

Initial Look

The Evolution rubber series is completely different in comparison to the Q series by Tibhar. The topsheet of the Evolution is a deep red colour whereas the Q series a light red color. The deep red sponge is from ESN Germany and is often believed to be a Japanese sponge.

tibharevolutionmxprubbereview1.jpg

Sponge comparison between MX-P, FX-P, EL-P

Out of all three sponges from the Evolution series the MX-P is the hardest sponge which is the one at the bottom of the pile in the picture below. The sponge feels medium to hard. The MX-P is the hardest out of the series with FX-P being the softest. The EL-P had a medium sponge hardness. The MX-P had the largest pores of all three with the EL-P having the smallest and the FX-P in between.

Picture below top to bottom (FX-P, EL-P, MX-P)
tibharevolutionrubberseriesspongecomparison.jpg

Speed

I glued the MX-P rubber to the Adidas Avenger 5 blade which is a 5 ply wood blade, even still the MX-P felt like a rocket. Out of all 3 the rubber is definitely the fastest in the Evolution series. It is faster than a Tenergy 64 for example. The rubber felt hard when hitting the ball producing a medium to high trajectory when away from the table. The power of my shots did not change even if If I took a step off from the table.

Spin

Out of the 3 rubbers, the EL-P was the easiest to spin the ball with, although the MX-P produced greater spin however more effort was needed. With the MX-P, to produce its maximum spin a higher level of play was needed to fully utilize its power in term of speed and spin on attacks. The MX-P away from the table hit with a lot of power and speed, I found this rubber a little to fast for my level and would say its a professional rubber for pro's. I found the EL-P gave me greater control away from the table. The MX-P rubber surprised me when I pushed and served the ball as i could get a lot of spin and it was easier, similar to using a hard Chinese rubber however the MX-P is not tacky.

Control and inside the table game

I found the MX-P quite tricky for control as its very fast, I had to adjust to its speed. In shots such as receiving serves and drop shots it was bouncy and required a precise touch. It was excellent for pushing though.

Blocking

The MX-P produced very fast blocks as expected. The rubber could produce very fast punch blocks which is cool if you can control it.

Conclusion:

The MX-P is definitely an advanced rubber and is a beast! it is very fast, powerful and spinny when you apply the right technique. If you are a counter looper or want to have a counter attacking game the MX-P a great choice of rubber.

How does Evolution MX-P compare to Tenergy 05?

The Tibhar Evolution MX-P is faster than Tenergy however the spin is 10% less. I think the Evolution rubbers are a lot more durable than Tenergy. Interestingly about this rubber is that it makes a nice "thock" when you hit it, even in max. It is interesting because it is not at all a soft rubber. It is actually quite hard, and a much louder rubber than Tenergy.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 6 reviews

I bought MX-P as a friend recommended it as a cheap alternative for Tenergy 05 , I use it on my forehand and will soon be adding it to my backhand replacing Tenergy 05. It's a really nice rubber , I used to use tenergy and would still say that is the best rubber money can buy , however This MXP is fantastic too. It only took a couple of hours to get used to it. It comes pre boosted so plays like tenergy, the sponge is medium so it's good for soaking in some heavy spin. It's a great rubber for forehand and I'm sure it will be on the backhand . It's a good rubber for people who can't afford to buy tenergy 05 but want a similar result. I have an offensive style and attack off both wings, this rubber is more than enough for me . It's ideal at £35 a sheet . The only problem is it needs replacing every 3-4 months because the boost wears off , it depends how much you play, for instance I train 5 days a week so I change every 3 months . Would recommend !

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

Tibhar Evolution MX-P
Weight: 73 grams uncut, 49 grams uncut
Sponge Hardness: 45.7°
Hardness: Medium
Speed: High
Spin: Medium
Blade used: Tibhar Stratus Carbon blade

Written Review

After many requests from users on the TableTennisDaily website, we have teamed up with TableTennis11.com to review Tibhar’s most popular rubber series.

Initial inspection

The Evolution rubber is ESN based and has a firm glossy topsheet. What's interesting about the Evolution series is that the rubbers all have a strong smell which is evident right out the packaging. Other rubbers do not seem to possess this same strong glue smell.

The rubbers vary in sponge hardness with the FX-P being the softest in the range coming in at 41.1 degrees. The El-P has a sponge hardness of 42.4 degrees. The Evolution MX-P has a sponge hardness of 45.7 degrees. and finally the MX-S which is the hardest rubber in the series with a sponge hardness of 46.3 degrees.

The rubbers have slight variations in weight. Uncut The FX-P weighs 68 grams and cut 47 grams, the EL-P uncut weighs 72 grams and cut weighs 50 grams, the MX-P uncut weighs 73 grams and cut 49 grams and the MX-S uncut weighs 75 grams and cut weighs 51 grams.

I used the Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon blade throughout the review whilst Tom used this and his regular bat, switching between the two setups to get a better understanding of how the evolution rubber series performs.

Topspins

We started out with the MX-P which is widely regarded as the most popular rubber in the series and has been highly praised by the table tennis tennis community, and you can tell why almost immediately. The rubber feels alive and you get a loud clicking sound on contact. Another quality that becomes apparent as soon as you start using the MX-P is the sheer amount of speed it produces. The strong catapult effect propels the plastic ball with minimal effort.

Although the speed is impressive with the MX-P we did sometimes find that the ball would fly out long due to just how fast it was, so you need good control and feeling to use this rubber to full effect. This rubber is also very responsive to incoming speed and spin and we both made a fair amount of mistakes initially before we got used to it.

Spin

When opening up against backspin using my backhand, for example, I felt I had a lot of grip and a fair amount of dwell for such a fast offensive rubber. Again sometimes due to the high speed of the MXP, my 3rd and 5th ball attacks went just off the end of the table so I had to close my bat angle to adjust and maintain consistency.

We both really liked the MX-P on the forehand side when trying to lift backspin and were both able to produce great amounts spin when playing aggressively. As this is a rubber for advanced players those with sufficient technique will be able to use this speed and spin to full effect.

Flicks

In the serve and receive game the MX-P worked exceptionally when playing a backhand flick. The evolution rubber gripped the ball well and, combined with its speed excelled in this area. I found that I could follow up with an effective backhand punch shot which, in general, is very effective with the entire evolution range.

Counters

Due to the crisp, clean feel and contact, countering with this rubber was fantastic. With little effort we were both able to produce consistent and effective counter topspins.

We also found that from mid distance and away from the table the MXP’s speed allowed us to impart strong shots.

Conclusion

Tibhar’s flagship evolution rubbers are superb, and have a range of different characteristics to suit different players needs. We found all the rubbers have a good spring, responsive feel, but all differ in terms of sponge hardness, speed and spin.

I personally preferred the MXP on my forehand and the MXS on my backhand. I felt I was able to control and handle the speed. This speed allowed me to pressure Tom in match play. For strong attacking players the MXP would be of a good choice as the hard sponge propels the ball forward with its extreme catapult effect with great spin. Players who take a bit more time in their shots and want control and dwell over speed would prefer the FXP or the ELP.

Alternatively players who struggle for speed and want that extra bit of kick in their forehand the MXP would be of a good choice of rubber. Players who want something a touch slower than the MXP but with more grip, slightly more spin and a harder sponge, the MXS would suit. The MXS is also slightly faster than the two softer evolution rubbers

The spin produced is not quite as much as a Tenergy 05 or a Chinese Hurricane rubber but easily effective enough to lift heavy backspin balls to put your opponent under pressure. Serving with all 4 variants of the evolution series did not give us any problems as the surface of the rubber grabbed the ball well producing good spin and gave us good precision and placement .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews

I played for a year with my MX-P, 2.0.
I used on FH around 3 month, but then on BH.
What's the best about this rubber, is it's speed and spin potential. I will compare it to Tenergy series. Speedwise it's around the T64, but it behaves differently. On strong loops throw angle is higher than T64, but lower than T05. On slow loops Tenergys perform better, I think due to the softer topsheet. On stronger shots it's sponge kicks the ball like spring sponge, but it is more linear than T series. Easier to make punch-shots. In general, performance of MX-P is very similar to Tenergy. It's a very good substitution, as it's much cheaper. BUT, it requires good skills. It feels very hard and due it's speed - hard to control. Tenergy is much more easy to use. MX-P lacks the feel, that's it.
Playing elements compared to T64 and T05:
Slow opening loop: T05>T64>MX-P
Strong opening loop (FH): MX-P>T05>T64 MX-P is faster than T05 and somehow I didn't liked the T64 in this case.
Strong opening loop (BH): T64>MX-P I didn't used T05 on BH side enough to speak about.
Short push and drop-shot: MX-P>T05=T64 Tackiness really helps there.
Long push: T64>=T05=MX-P With T64 easier to vary the spin, but maybe that's just my memory.
BH flick (fast, long): T64>MX-P T64 really shines here.
BH flick (short, slower): MX-P=T64
FH flip-kill: MX-P>T64=T05 Hardness, speed and slight tackiness makes MX-P perfect for this shot.
BH flip-kill: T64>MX-P
Counterloop (FH/BH) close to mid range: T05=T64>MX-P With MX-P easier to miss the table than T05. T64 generates lower arc than both, but still easy to land it on the table.
Counterloop (FH) long range: MX-P>=T64>=T05: Faster rubbers are better at long range.
Counterloop (BH) mid to long range: T64>>MX-P Think to the BH loops of ZJK and Zhou Yu! T64 is the best in this, even commercial version.
Passive block (BH): T64>MX-P
Active block: T64=MX-P
Smash: MX-P<=T64=T05 There isn't too much difference.

This user has no status.

I was a Tenergy user on both sides for a long time then switched to Hurricane on forehand cause it's cheaper and reduced the total cost of the rubbers. But I got more prone to injuries and the Hurricane really needs a lot of effort. I was skeptical at trying the MX-P based upon the reviews of many people comparing it to Tenergy. I really needed a new backhand rubber and tried many, I tried Skyline 3-60 the sponge lacks power then tried Rakza 7 Soft but the ball behavior is really abnormal and it was kinda mushy. When the EL-S came out I tried it I was happy at first but as time went by, I felt the heaviness and effort needed to produce amazing balls(I was using Ebenholz at that time). I switched to MX-P and I was happy, flicks are fast and spinny the blocking was stable heck no need for block cause you can punch the incoming spin.

I changed my blade for the polyball and now use Tiago Apolonia ZLC. I glued new sheets of Hurricane Provincial and MX-P in the backhand side to battle the polyball. The same problem occured, injuries due to the heavy chinese rubber my senses told me to switch to MX-P on both sides. Last week I bought a new sheet of MX-P to replace the Hurricane on my forehand and this is what I found.

Spin:

FH:
When I switched to MX-P I had a few adjustments in the forehand and in order to use the rubber properly the stroke is a mix of hit and brush. I can produce tremendous spin with the MX-P plus the added catapult plus the satisfying cracking sound. The rubber was very linear so I can direct the ball anywhere I want it to go. Lifting backspin is really easy with MX-P, you can have the choice of brushing it or kill it with a forward stroke. My training partner told me that the ball was faster and heavier with MX-P due to the catapult effect.

BH:
My backhand technique is kinda flicky and a lot of blocking but can brush too when needed. When spinning with my backhand I can hear the satisfying cracking sound that indicates that the timing is right(for me). The ball flies in a straight line showing the rubber's direct nature. The spin produced is comparable with Tenergy 05.

Blocks,Flicks:
Blocking is really easy with MX-P cause the catapult helps a lot whether it is in the forehand or backhand side. The rubber is spin sensitive(05 is more), sometimes when an opponent attacks my backhand side I punch the ball, power against power. I find it easy to punch the ball with the MX-P on the backhand and to counter the ball on the forehand side. When countering in the forehand side little effort is needed and it is easier than 05 where you need to close the angle so the ball won't fly.

Flicking is one of my favorite shots specially the forehand flick and with MX-P the ball is fast and furious. The backhand flick is a breeze with MX-P cause the grip grabs the ball and the catapult to finishes it off.

Conclusion:
The MX-P shines in attacking close to the table for finishers and in mid distance cause the ball is really fast and quite annoying with a little sidespin. My training partner noted that the MX-P is a bit "shocking" due to the loud sound and speed of the ball. Compared to Hurricane and Tenergy 05 the spin is comparable however the speed is not cause the MX-P is faster than the two. I am quite satisfied with the performance of the MX-P and I felt my game went up since I changed. The rubber feels better than 05 in my opinion as it is faster, throw is lower and more controllable than 05.

P.S.
The rubber shrinks when you remove it from the blade but can be stretched out, just use water based glue and stretch it. Remove the rubber when it is time to change or when the glue dries out(like what happened to mine).

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews

I think most of what needs to be said has already been written below by other people, and I agree with it. I should add, though, that it is pretty easy to make a switch to this rubber from T05. Let's say 4-5 sessions of adjustment, and then you can pretty much do what you used to do with T05 and it will work with MX-P. It won't feel the same. T05 has a more muted feel. For me the difference in feel doesn't seem to matter much. MX-P is overall a touch harder and faster than T05. I like the hardness in the short game. But in general, it is a great substitute. It works pretty much equally effectively for the same kind of player.

One thing I don't like is that some of the really nice qualities of MX-P are reduced quite a bit after the factory booster evaporates away, which maybe takes a month or so. I suspect the best thing to do at that point is re-boost it (as someone else suggests), but I haven't tried doing that. If you take if off the blade and then re-glue it, which I have done, you will find it has shrunk. I have a couple of used sheets in a drawer that I think I will try boosting just to see what happens. If that works out, then for sure the durability will be equal or greater than Tenergy at around half the price (if you buy from TT11).

Reactions: qvoliszz and Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews

Let me preface my description of Tibhar’s Evolution MX-P with the fact that this was my preferred forehand rubber for a 6-month period in late 2015 – early 2016 before I started experimenting with Chinese rubbers. The MX-P feels softer to the touch than Xiom’s Omega V Tour and more similar to the Euro version or Nittaku’s Fastarc G-1. FH drives feel nothing short of marvelous with this rubber. The contact is crisp and produces a clicking sound that instills much confidence. The catapult is quite pronounced, which makes it tempting to take 1-2 steps away from the table and start hammering FH drives and flat hits with high speed. The feeling that the MX-P confers on these shots is very similar to the feeling that speed-glued rubbers used to confer. FH loops offer a similarly crisp feeling allowing for magnificent touch and control especially against balls with little spin. Read our in-depth review here.

Despite its age, just like tenergy this rubber remains one of the OGs that still got it. There are faster and spinnier ESN tensors now but as far as I know none of em have this combination of it. The spin this rubber can generate on a fine brush is high and even on something like a loop drive the quality is there. The best shots are by far when you're a few feet away from the table hammering out the loops and counters. Making sure the shots land is not as easy so yeah make sure you can handle a speed monster before slapping this on your blade. I currently use this on my backhand and have tried it on my forehand where it proved to be to fast for me. Also, even though this rubber is cheaper than tenergy, its durability is nowhere near the same. After about 2-3 months the boosted effect will mostly be gone and in my experience wear spots will begin to show after about 75-100 hours of use.

This user has no status.

I agree with the majority of the past reviews for MX-P. Being a pre-plastic ball rubber, you'd think that all the new stuff coming out would be better. But like T05, this rubber just has that perfect balance. The speed and spin are just enormous. MX-P is a dream for players that have used T05 or use compact strokes. Being a long time user of Hurricane 3 rubber and its ilk, MX-P is absolutely lethal with full body strokes and brush techniques. The only part of my game that suffers a bit is the short game. You can serve short, but when pushing, the high catapult of MX-P requires really deft touch. MX-P is an attackers paradise.

Reactions: jedimasterplk
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews

Having used Tenergy 05 for longer than I can remember, I have now gotten rid of my last stock of Tenergy 05s. Took me 3 weeks, matches, training, etc to be 100% certain - and yes, I can say MXP is it.
Serves, service receive, short game, blocking, is definitely 10 -15% better (in my opinion). In a tight match situation, the grip you get on flicks, the short touch (when required) and control in a high tempo, high spin rally, is just beyond belief.
I am not sure about those claiming tenergy has more spin - but in my view, with my particular technique, the spin I generate on both wings, combined with the speed/penetration that MXP provides, is certainly more than T05. This was confirmed by my opponents, and training partners, who described MXP as a spin beast/monster.
Its not so much about the money, (although it matters of course) but the quality of this rubber, if Tibhar dont drop their standards, means I will never buy a Tenergy again. If I was good enough to have been sponsored by Butterfly, I would probably be ditching them, and reaching out to Tibhar for a sponsorship deal right now :)

Reactions: Tompa8888
This user has no status.

I have used this rubber on many blades and is my current forehand rubber along with the Evolution MX-S for my backhand. This rubber is used by many pros including Vladi, PD, and my new idol Sanil Shetty. I used a lot of rubbers but I came back to MX-P for my forehand paired with an insensitive MX-S for my backhand. My setup is very perfect for me.

During drillings I can feel the ball go onto the sheet, sponge, and through the blade with each hit. I always get my "palo" (strokes) very easily after a few drillings with the MX-P. My shots are loaded with spin plus the tensor technology that made me abandon Tenergy. I really love the MX-P's cracking speedglue like sound when power shots are timed very well. When I hear the cracking sound I already know that it is a sure killer or will come back very high for another pummeling. I feel like Thor passing judgement with every forehand stroke I release to my opponent. Now I know what Paul Drinkhall meant when the feel is perfect that made him change from Tenergy 05 to MX-P.

In matches:
- Serves are spinny and deceiving
- Blocking requires little effort and a lot of touch
- Countering is easy to execute just close the racket
- Shots are loaded with spin and has a lot of power
- Flicks are a breeze
- Cracking sound when timed very well

This is one of the best rubbers on the market that can compete very well against Tenergy. You can't say that the other is better if your only reason is that many players use this or that, you have to use it and embrace their differences to truly judge. We all have different touch and timing but I will be staying with my MX-P and pass judgement to my enemies. :)

Reactions: DJeX