Evolution MX-P

This user has no status.
5 out of 5 rating for Evolution MX-P

Tibhar MX-P is a great attacking rubber for offensive players. I will just confirm what many have already said: that if you are a Tenergy 05 user your transition to MX-P will be fairly easy. While they don't feel exactly the same their performance is similar using the same technique. MX-P is a tad faster and harder than T05 and the throw angle is lower. In terms of spin, I think they are fairly similar but T05 is still more spinny on brush strokes with MX-P being equal when the sponge is fully engaged. While I still feel T05 is the best pure looping rubber because of it's higher throw angle and increased bounciness I feel MX-P is the better overall attacking rubber. MX-P has better control and consistency than T05 that results in a superior short game including pushes, blocks, flat hits, and serve returns. It has that advantage while still being 95% as good as T05 in the looping department. An excellent rubber and value. It can be played on either FH or BH but I personally use it on the BH as I prefer a slightly higher throw angle for my FH. Recommended.

Reactions: jedimasterplk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 2 reviews

I have used this rubber on my forehand for a while.. Very fast and i can get a lot of spin. I like how Paul Drinkhall uses this rubber which made me decide to buy it in the end. The only thing is its not as fresh a few weeeks later, but lasts a good amount of time. THis rubber is definately not one to boost puhahahaa

This user has no status.

read somebody else describe it as a hybrid of a Chinese and a jap/Euro rubber(thats why it is known as alternative for tenergy), and I agree. It's the best really fast rubber I've used for service. It's easy to keep the ball low, short, and spinny. Short game is really good. Once you start picking up the racket speed though, the sponge starts to compress and the speed is explosive. Here, the control isnt as good so you'll need to be really precise with your strokes. Loops are really fast, low and have heavy spin. Even against moderate backspin, I had to close my racket angle almost as if I was looping a dead ball. My 3rd ball attacks were insanely fast, but again, I felt like i needed to be very precise or I'd miss long. Counterlooping was good but little tricky for me in the beginning , unless I backed off from the table considerably. Smashing, hitting and blocking were also quite good. I recommend this to highly skilled and very agressive players, however if you like high, slow opening topspins, i think u wont like the rubber that much