This user has no status.

Jak

This user has no status.
Mar 2014
What I'm currently looking at getting:

Blade: Timo Ball Spirit OFF
Rubbers: FH Tenergy 05 1.9mm - BH Tenergy 80 1.9mm

My play-style:
I like to win a point right off the serve ( Has to have good spin )
I play a lot of topspin with my forehand and smash a lot.
With my backhand I need a lot off control, speed and spin.

Please give me advice, Thank You :)

Jak

This user has no status.

Jak

This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Thank You shyram123
Can you tell me what the difference between the 64 and T80 are?
Which is better close to the table?
Which has more spin?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Haha, you are opening the shyt trapdoor by asking about 1.9 and is it good for spin haha when one camp believes one must have thinner sponge for control and another camp believing you need max sponge for control on spin shots.

Everyone grab Ur popcorn.

Unless I know more about you... you shape up to be a hope division player or you wouldn't be asking this here, you would have already known. Players at that level are learning the basics of the game and there are a few schools of thought in play. One school, the old-school pundit crowd will advise use an all wood ALL+ speed class name brand proven tried and true blade with thin classic rubbers. Their thing is that this kind of setup will allow a player to learn basic strokes (if these strokes involve hitting through the ball) and has enough capability to play most strokes and playing styles without being outstanding in any. Their primary point is that equipment of this slow allround speed will force the player to hit through the ball to develop feel, and depend on "proper" form to create pace instead of just slapping at it half speed with OFF blade to get that pace. This forces some better form and provides the player a stable base to grow from.

Another crowd believes you can start with any equipment suitable for the style of play you wish to evolve into and go for it from the beginning using the equipment with coaching. This crowd believes that learning "proper" form can be applied to generally faster equipment with good effect and not be detrimental to development.

I believe that 99% of players who do not receive some serious coaching over an extended time will never make it to a decent above average amature level, (we all debate over what exactly that is) but lets throw out Korea Div 3 city or USATT 1800 level. Many players learning by themselves never reach this level, 90% or so get stuck at 1300-1700 level, although there are a couple of exceptional players.

I also believe that it is OK to not worry about achieving such a level and simply have fun / enjoy yourself.

If you have not developed enough form, it wont really matter what rubber or blade you use if you are not stroke efficient yet, so don't sweat it too bad for now, that heavy spin generation comes when you learn to a certain level and your overall stroke production is there.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Don't get me wrong, I personally prefer your blade (the TBS) and operated it for around 3-4 years with T05 in 2.1 for 1-2 years until the price of getting new sheets of T05 wasn't worth it anymore.

What gets you more spin isn't this rubber or that, but your form. Now of course certain rubber have a better "feel" or perform better on a certain blade under certain stroke sequences and that sometimes causes a player to choose rubber "A" over rubber "B"

At your stage, you prolly don't need to worry a lot about that. On that TBS, you won't notice the differences significantly until much later in your development.

heck, if you have the money, go for it.

As we say in the military... "Smoke 'em if you got 'em"