Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Infinity VPS V

@Dan and @Tom both used the Infinity VPS blade in this review using the Stiga Calibra Tour Medium rubbers. The review looks at various techniques and a range of shots used in today's modern game of table tennis. We found this blade to be similar with Stiga's hardwood series of blades including the Ebenholz and Maplewood blades. Video review below:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Infinity VPS V

This blade is well suited for those who seek for powerful topspin shots and dominating rallies. It blocks incoming topspin shots with great speed and control as if you're a wall, but I couldn't find this consistency in playing aggressive shots. For me overall it was too stiff and not controllable enough but I can imagine that in the right hands this could be a deadly weapon.

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews

Stiga Infinity VPS V, Rasant Turbo, Vega Japan

Hey guys

Here is a review of the Stiga Infinity VPS V I was allow to testfor a few weeks by my local TT dealer in Denmark. Thanks BTEX.DK!

P1050138.JPG

P1050139.JPG

P1050140.JPG

The blade was paired up with the new Andro Rasant Turbo on FH and Xiom Vega Japan on BH.
The quality of the blade is very nice and this sample has a weight on 88g and total with rubbers 187g. There was not a separation line in the outer veneer as you may find in e.g. Rosewood and Ebenholz blades.

The Infinity VPS V has a lovely crispy sound when playing and generating speed was not a problem. It has medium vibration which gives a player good feeling with the ball.
When making topspin from both wings I had the feeling the blade had a lot of dwell even with the hard Rasant Turbo. It seemed easy to hit the balls on the table and I was surprised the amount of control the Infinity VPS had. Short game I did not have the feeling that the ball was jumping of the racket and of cause it is depending on rubbers as well. Blocking was extremely easy and if you want to power block - this could be done with a lot of control and with good placement.

I would recommend this blade to close to the table offensive game

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 11 reviews

serves: Paired with good rubbers you can easily get a lot of spin onto the ball. Short serves are very easy as the blade is not too fast. Even serves that require better timing like the reverse pendulum are easier due to the long dwell time.

receives: Just as expected from an allwood blade,the infinity performs very well in the short game. The dwell time and the good feeling of the wood help play short pushes as well as flips with forehand and backhand. Pushes and any kinds of crazy receives are easier with this blade.

open ups: The dwell time really helps on playing heavy spin topspins. You have a lot of time to generate spin and go for a good placement on the table.
topspin: The follow up topspin also works perfectly fine.

Speed: The general speed is not as high as let's say a viscaria's, but still fast. If you are physically fit, you'll have no problem blasting the ball past your opponent after opening up with heavy spin.

countertopspin: Countertopspins also work well, but require proper technique and timing.

conclusion: The infinity is a very good allwood blade that really has no weakness. You can open up with a lot of spin and follow up with a well played loop and then a kill shot. Especially for forehand oriented players this blade is fitting. Backhands are easier to play because of the increased dwell that gives the blade more control. If you're looking for an offensive blade that can play all gears ranging from slow and spinny to fast, then this is your blade. If you're using a carbon blade but struggle with service receive, then this blade is for you. If you have enough physical strength but your receive game or open ups are slacking, then switch to this blade.

Reactions: michiy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 9 reviews

I currently play with this blade and It suits me perfect. Excellent control but still powerful. Good feeling in blocks and and a also in the short game. Like the dwell and touch in the short game and my serve. I don't have to much to complain about, a cheap blade that offers everything you need from a blade. I rate it off and I think it suits the most offensive players who prefer a lot of control.

This user has no status.

Tested Stiga Infinity VPS with Xiom Omega V Europe (max) on FH side and Donic Acuda S2 (2.0) on BH side!!

Serving: It was really easy and i had no problems with serving. Low throw of the Blade and the awesome Xiom rubber is a good combination for serving.

Short short: Also was really super easy. Although it is an off blade, you never had the feeling of losing control.

Flipping: It is really easy with BH if u play a spinny flip. Harder Flips are more difficult and i need to find the right technique but it is still good.

Counter + Smash: Super Easy with this blade. So much feeling. It is so much fun to play with it.

Blocking: Is really great. Active blocks here are the strength of the blade. Super easy and safe. Passive blocks are a little bit harder and u have to be careful.

Topspin: What can I say? It is so easy... (but u need a good technipue). When u have fast legs and when u hit the ball correct there is so much spin and speed. It is awesome. :)

Counter-Topspin: It is a little bit difficult to explain. If u hit the Ball early it leaves your blade super fast and the counter-Topspin has so much speed and spin. It is really hard to believe that those shots are so easy (no effort need).
I have problems when I hit the Ball too late (descending phase) it is really hard to control. But that is no problem 4 me coz i will learn to deal with it :rolleyes:

Conclusion: I like it so incredibly much, because it 's just so much fun to play with. I do not know if I 'm better than my old material remains to be seen , because it plays quite differently.
However, I can tell you in advance that I have to be more careful with this stuff to make me well so I can generate more speed / spin. Do not get me wrong. The wood is very forgiving , but it can be fully exploited only if you have the proper technique and good standing on the balls. ( Similar to the Viscaria or Spirit ) .
Have often read that it is missing from the half distance to Power. I can not confirm . At least not with the rubbers . That's the curious thing... The harder you hit the ball or the more you make , the more power the blade generates. You have to try. Difficult to describe .

VERY IMPORTANT:
Seal this Blade. It has a very very thin top veneer and u have to seal it. Otherwise u will destroy the veneer when u change ur rubbers.

My tip: 2 layers TSP Racket coat (Edges too). Make the first layer after 12 hours drying with sandpaper smooth (600 grain size). Go 4 a second layer after u cleaned it from dust. Have always done so and never had any problems with surface residues or damaged veneer .

BIG BIG SORRY 4 MY ENGLISH!!! I DID MY BEST :cool:

Regards Chris

This user has no status.

Firstly I got to say: Awesome blade! I played it for around 2 years and it was worth every second. The blade is quite cheap (64€). While playing you have a good amount of speed (Played with T05), good control and you can the feel the ball great (sounds weird). BUT when changing rubbers, the top layer peeled off!!! On my second VPS it worked without problems but I heard people talking about the same problem.

I think the Stiga Infinity VPS is great offensive blade! 5 out of 5 stars

This user has no status.

Rate: 8.5/10
Stiffness: Nearly stiff
Type: Wood 5plys

Im using this blade with Hurricane 8 on FH and Xiom Omega V Pro on my BH.
What i first noticed about this blade is that it has a wide sweet spot and is very controllable.
Blocking is effortless with this blade.
It is really good in mid distance. Doesnt require that much effort when playing in mid distance.
I got this blade for 70$ and im quite satisfied with it.
***The only problem is that the top outerveneer is too thin.
Would recommend for any developing player!

says @giangt Sadly, I don't know azlan. I left a message on...
says @giangt Sadly, I don't know azlan. I left a message on...
Jun 2014
Read 3 reviews

Used with Hurricane 3 Neo, Hurricane 8, T80, T64, Bluefire M1, Nittaku G-1, Acuda P2, etc.
This blade is a solid choice for control. Although it is not as powerful as a Viscaria, it provides enough power to finish a point. Blocking and doing pretty much anything close to the table is a ease with this. Mid-distance looping is very comfortable because it is pretty flexible. Overall, this is a great choice. I bought two of them at its fantastic price.

This is my current blade which I am using with Rasant Powergrip on the FH and Rasant Grip on the BH both in MAX thickness. This all wood blade comes in the standard Stiga packaging and you will definitely need to sand it especially the wings. I got this blade in wide FL by accident. I have smallish hands so I should have went for the regular FL. I sanded the handle down though so its fine. Get the Wide FL if you have big hands. Also get this blade lacquered as the top ply is not very tough. The blade felt a little weird when I first starting playing with it but as the glue and lacquer dried I started getting a better feel. This blade has an excellent feel and the control is very good considering its speed and the rubbers I was using. The blade is probably around the OFF- range and its sweetspot is good for a wood blade but not as good as composite or carbon blades. The dwell time on the blade is less than say a Timo Boll Spark but more than a fast carbon blade. The throw angle is medium to high and I like its open up. The short game is good but long pushes and chopping is not which is a bummer because i do that sometimes. As Dan mentioned in his review the flicking is not that good and you have to be precise. However, it is quite easy to loop a medium to long push with good power. I can't give that much more details as I haven't tried this blade with any other rubbers. Still, for the price this blade is great (Got it for $40) and it can be used by developing players with slow rubbers and by advanced players with fast rubbers.

This user has no status.

Best 5 plywood have always been with limba-limba-ayou-limba-limba (Waldner senso V1/V2, Joola K5, Bty primorac, Bty Korbel, Stratus power....), but Stiga comes here with an amazing variation : Limba-spruce-ayous-spruce-limba The thickness is around 6mm, like most 5ply allwood blades. The feeling is amazing on this blade, and the blade is so well balanced (mine is 82gr) even with heavy rubbers. The speed is faster than Korbel or Primorac and the sweet spot has been greatly improved compared to those.....the addition of a composite layer is not needed anymore (many primorac/korbel users have moved to Innerforces blades, same composition + composite material). Medium throw, awesome flex and dwell time thanks to allwood composition, amazing touch and balance. Provides far enough power for any kind of attacking playstyle and precise.it has No weakness. Somebody wrote it lacks power mid distance and i had to laugh. With good technique this blade will do what u want. So much power in the fast game and so much control in the short game. And it doesn't lack power mid distance. Choose the right rubber and u will love this blade. Everybody should try it.

Reactions: SFF_lib
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 3 reviews
3 out of 5 rating for Infinity VPS V

This is a decent all round offensive blade, it’s standout feature is it’s control, flat hitting and smashing.

Topspin: you get good dwell time when looping, it’s fairly spinny but very controlled.

Counter play: again good, decent spin, power and good control at short and medium distances.

Consistency: very consistent, plays better with harder rubbers though.

Short Game: good for flicks, chopping, pushing.

Blocking: very good and has brilliant control.

Smashing: smashing and flat hitting are very nice with good power.

Feeling: the feeling is hard but okay.

Conclusion: the infinity vps is a good blade but it’s top veneer is not durable, changing your rubber even once may splinter the blade.

Rubber advice: hard and medium hard rubbers.

Should you buy this blade? If you have a limited budget and want a good controlled blade for attacking then yes. If you want a blade which will last you a while look elsewhere as the durability is not good at all.