Butterfly new rubber???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Does the Butterfly creates a new rubber to the image of the other brands ??

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I am talking about rubbers to compete with Rasat Powergrip and Bluefire M1 Turbo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I am talking about rubbers to compete with Rasat Powergrip and Bluefire M1 Turbo

If you are comparing Tenergy with Rasant and Bluefire series, then the only new rubbers that Butterfly released is the Tenergy 80 (last year) and now Tenergy 80FX this year.

Based on user's feedback, some state Tenergy in general is better, the others say the other brands are better.
At the end of the day, its all about what type of rubber, suite what type of play and pocket too.

PS - Butterfly Tenergy is not the best rubber - you don't have "the best" in general. You only have "the best" for you as an individual.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Who said Powergrip and Turbo is for the new ball?
Those are just "upgrades" from the existing Rasant and M series if I'm not mistaken.....
Some companies already announced rubbers for the new polyball, so I'm sure almost everyone else was working on something similar. Since the biggest difference is supposed to be in spin and speed and the new suffixes are Turbo(speed) and Powergrip(spin), then I'd say it's reasonable to think that.

Also, even if it weren't true, it would be foolish not to use this opportunity. It will boost their sales, because people are definitely going to switch to these new "poly" rubbers. Otherwise, they might actually lose customers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Some companies already announced rubbers for the new polyball, so I'm sure almost everyone else was working on something similar. Since the biggest difference is supposed to be in spin and speed and the new suffixes are Turbo(speed) and Powergrip(spin), then I'd say it's reasonable to think that.

Also, even if it weren't true, it would be foolish not to use this opportunity. It will boost their sales, because people are definitely going to switch to these new "poly" rubbers. Otherwise, they might actually lose customers.

Nice assumption, but this is purely just speculation from your side.

The Spin/Turbo have been used for a while now
Unless you feel S1 Turbo is also for the new ball while S1 is for the old ball?

Any ways, there will be new blades and rubbers, and all those are still not confirmed yet. Even the balls aren't confirm.

These 2 rubbers are not designed for 40+ ball, same applies with Butterfly Tenergy 80FX. Of at least that is the message that has been marketed and informed.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
DHS rubbers have been developed for the new ball, if you didn't notice.

Yes, and it was marketed that it is for the 40+ balls
Because DHS market it so, it doesn't mean the other brands rubbers are also for 40+ balls.
Please provide facts that the above Rasant Powergrip and M1 Turbo is indeed for 40+ balls too.
This is how speculations and rumours starts :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Also based on history (38mm to 40mm, and then speed glue ban)
First generation rubbers of new ball, might not always be the best. so based on history - boosting it sales/loosing customers is really a tricky one.
This was where the current Tenergy won the battle and took huge strides forward.

It doesn't mean 1st gen are always winners or failures, and surely huge uncertainty of seam or seamless ball at this stage - maybe even both.
Plus, let the pros be lab rats, and we can just change 1 year after they used the products (for free) :)

Any ways, back to OP, answer is indeed no, Butterfly Tenergy series as it stands is all known to the public. and Butterfly 8 Tenergy rubbers (4 normal and 4 soft) doesn't need to compete with Andro/Donic's rubbers, even though they are fighting in the same space. And it doesn't mean any is better or worse. They have they own marketing philosophies

wan

This user has no status.

wan

This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I think we can used any rubber that suit for our playing style and comfortable to us. Just like Butterfly Sriver, it has been used before the transition of 38 to 40 ball. Then, nowadays I still see some of players still using that legend rubber.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
BTY has been planning a new LP rubber since 2008 for post speed glue era. BTY hasn't come out with a new Long Pimples rubber in a lifetime, so the time is ripe.

I hear it will be called Bryce Long, an attacking LP rubber for those LPers who want a powerful and decisive LP attack. Word on the street is that it is very receptive to tuning effect.