Andro Rasant Powersponge review!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Hi there no worries even with chinese rubber you can still use european style short swing just use your hip and firm arm, not wrist when you swing your spin.. its just a matter of timing and angle. Ive been playing for 23yrs and blieve me since we are sponge players.. you can do actually everything you want with the ball..provided you follow the rule " bat angle = spin angle

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Sorry, but I don't agree with your opinion!

Tell me, which chinese rubbers have you played with, and what was the result?

FYI: I've been playing TT more than 30 yrs.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Its ok if you dont agree its a forum..everybody can share. I used dhs national version blue sponge for 2yrs. Maybe it doesnt work for you its bcoz you have a weak arm and a weak core hahaha just saying.. well anyway thankyou for sharing your experience..

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Well, talking is cheap!

Why don't you show us video of your playing with the heavily boosted chinese rubber and that "chicken wing" motion? :rolleyes:

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I started this thread so people could know more about the Andro Rasant Powersponge and the Treiber K blade.. Not for people to have an argue on different playing styles :p

But yeah, the Rasant Powersponge WILL work with chinese style looping, but it's NOT the ideal rubber for this technique. If you play like a chinese, you should use chinese rubbers, BUT the Rasant Powersponge works perfectly fine for backhand - just like, or even better - than Tenergy series. In my opinion :)

Reactions: Rajah*
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Thanks for this! Is it good far away from the table? Also, what do you think of the Petr Korbel blade with it?

You would think that on a flexible ALL+ or OFF- blade that Rasant would not be anything special, but Rasant is a BOMB on such a blade. This shyt simply EXPLODES on counterloops from mid-distance. ALL KIND of firepower for that stroke at that distance. Also, countering close to the table is a lot easier on these ALL+ or OFF- flexy blades. Give it a shot Urself to learn!

HAHA, Anders is an Andro pimp! Hey, that almost rhymes... Don't sweat it, I have been accused of being a Tibhar or Stiga or Nexy pimp too.

Reactions: Anders
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
You would think that on a flexible ALL+ or OFF- blade that Rasant would not be anything special, but Rasant is a BOMB on such a blade. This shyt simply EXPLODES on counterloops from mid-distance. ALL KIND of firepower for that stroke at that distance. Also, countering close to the table is a lot easier on these ALL+ or OFF- flexy blades. Give it a shot Urself to learn!

HAHA, Anders is an Andro pimp! Hey, that almost rhymes... Don't sweat it, I have been accused of being a Tibhar or Stiga or Nexy pimp too.

HAHA, thanks for the heads up man! :D

But I really have to say, I don't praise the Rasant rubbers just because Im sponsored, I do it because I really like them! I really like the rubbers, and I actually do feel they play as good as, or even better than the Tenergy series! But yeah, that's only my opinion :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I recently put a sheet of Rasant Powersponge onto my blade to replace a very old and tired sheet of Tenergy 05-FX. After seeing this thread, I thought I'd add my thoughts comparing the two rubbers.

The first time I played with Rasant Powersponge (RPS)

Positives

1.) It felt lighter than 05-FX, so it balanced my blade nicely (I play with 0X pips on the backhand).

2.) It felt a lot less sensitive to spin than 05-FX. A number of balls where I blocked a topspin shot from my opponent went back onto to table where I directed it to. With 05-FX these balls are harder to keep down.

3.) There appeared to be more of a catapult when I hit the ball hard. I could feel the ball sink into the sponge and it really fly off the rubber. When brushing the ball, it was noticeably slower. I can only deduce that this means the rubber has more gears than 05-FX.

Negatives

1.) During regular driving (like warming up forehand to forehand) it felt mushy. I can only put this down to the softness. 05-FX feels very direct and positive. Where you aim the ball to go, it goes.

2.) It's not a spiny as 05-FX and my serves did not have the same bite. In fact, my 05-FX is fairly old and has been used all season, so it's not a new sheet. I still felt that I could generate more spin with it compared to the RPS.

3.) It might just be that I'm still not familiar with the rubber, but it either felt very slow or quite quick. I'm sure it's just playing time but I found it hard to judge the middle ground of balancing speed and spin.

The second time I played with Rasant Powersponge (RPS)

1.) The original "springy" nature that I felt when I first tried the rubber appeared to have disappeared and I found that I was able to place the ball onto the table more easily than before. I asked myself if I thought it had better control than 05-FX and to be honest I can't say that it does - It just feels different. It has a much softer more mushy feel to it whereas 05-FX has a harder more positive direct feel to it. That's the best way I can summarise it.

2.) As before, I found that the RPS appeared to be less sensitive to spin, so blocking back top spin felt a lot easier compared to 05-FX.

3.) I've convinced now that the RPS has more gears than 05-FX. It's easier to play slow brushed loops and when you hit the ball hard, it cannons off - You really feel the ball sinking into the soft rubber when hitting hard. However I can't say that it has the same top end speed as 05-FX. It's difficult to tell as when you hit hard with 05-FX, you feel the vibration through the blade whereas when you hit hard with RPS, a lot of this vibration gets absorbed into the soft sponge which masks the feeling of power and speed.

4.) The RPS is quite a spinny rubber and I could get very good top spin on my brush loops. However I didn't feel as if I was getting the same savage bite that 05-FX offers me, especially when serving.

5.) I "feel" more of the ball contact through the blade with 05-FX whereas the softer feel of the RPS makes that ball contact feel more dulled. This is neither a bad or good thing, it's just personal preference of what you're used to. I found this softer mushier feel a bit off-putting at first but after playing with it for a while, it felt OK.

6.) If you smash the ball right (and I only managed to do this a couple of times), the ball really flies low and arrow straight. You hear the crack of the ball as it hits your blade and a split second later you see it skidding off with a low bounce at the other end of the table. I can't do this with 05-FX as the ball tends to bounce more...maybe it's the throw angle, I'm not sure, but it's a very effective shot if you can time it right.

7.) Although I have more control (I think) with the RPS, it doesn't communicate this control was well as 05-FX. With the Tenergy, I feel that I can judge the pace, speed and placement of the ball much more easily whereas with the RPS it feels less accurate. I don't think it actually is however, it's just that the softer mushier feel is going to take some time to get used to.

Overall I really think RPS has potential and I'd like to spend some more time with it. I still intend on buying a sheet of Tenergy 80-FX when it becomes available, but in the meantime, RPS will stay on my blade.

Reactions: rhonis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Hi guys, I'm a new member and I just see Anders's thread by chance, so I want to share my opinion about Rasant PowerSponge (RPS).
I am 19 years old and I've played table tennis for 7 years. I am not a professional player. I have tried Donic Walder Senso, Butterfly Gegerly Alpha, Rosewood, and my current blade is Treiber K with RPS on both sides.
Personally, there is nothing to debate about the RPS on backhand since it's really perfect on speed, spin, and control.
On the forehand, RPS gives me huge amount of topspin, I and my partners are so impressed about my topspin. High level of CONTROL in forehand also be a strength of this rubber. Honestly, I could learn and practice many new techniques more effectively with RPS.
However, after 3 months playing my combination, I figure out that my forehand strokes are quite slow since RPS is a soft rubber. Therefore, my next rubber will be regular Rasant or Rasant grip which are medium-hardness rubbers. Hopefully,either of them could give my some more speed.
Sorry for my weak English.

Reactions: Dan

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi, does anybody know the difference between powersponge amd donic m3 in.. :
Hardnes
Control
Spin
Speed