Andro Rasant Powersponge review!

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Hey guys!

I've got some equipment from Andro and I'll post a review on the Andro Rasant Powersponge rubbers in this thread in a couple of days now :)

For information, the blade used for testing is the Andro Treiber K Offensive, and the rubbers are both 2,1 mm on fh and bh.
Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, and you could also mention things you want me to talk about in the review if you like :)

I'll tell how it feels and plays in different situations, like touch play, looping, counter-looping, driving, service, returns and all that, and I'll compare it to other brands top rubbers from my point of view. I'll also put in a few words about the blade.

So just keep checking this thread for the upcoming review and please give feedback or thoughts when it's out here :)

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Andro Rasant Powersponge

First impression: The rubber looks nice, and is actually not heavy at all, I expected it to be because of the Hexer HD beeing so heavy.
It looks really cool with the green sponge, and is really easy to glue. Actually this is an improvement since I've faced some gluing trouble with Tenergy and Bluefire rubbers before, but the Rasant is no problem :)

Gameplay: For driving the rubber is pretty good, but it all depends on the blade and the technique, if you hit slow and weak the ball will be slow, but if you hit harder the balll will go faster, not like a Tenergy where the ball will bounce like hell no matter how you hit. So I would say that it has more controll. But when looping you can really feel this beast, it's like a super hero rubber, just like on the package. It has extreme speed and spin and the sound is amazing. I did not boost this rubber and I used Andro waterbased glue, but when I played it, it felt like I had boosted the crap out of it, and the sound was just this amazing speed glue sound. Looping in the opening game is really good, and for follow up blocking and counter looping you have all the controll in the world, with tremendous speed and spin! For touch play it has really good control, I never believed that a rubber with that amount of speed in it would have so good control when playing short! As for service and returns it plays really good too! The blade Treiber K is quite on the lightweight side of the scale, but still really fast with good feel. It makes it difficult for me to time all my strokes correct since Im used to heavier blades, but as soon as I got used to it it was just amazing! As for the service I was able to put in a great amount of spin, and due to the softness and grip it is almost like you can just lay the ball anywhere on the table with almost no effort.

If I was to compare with other rubbers I'd say it is faster than Tenergy, more controlled than Tenergy and way spinnier. On this blade it is very good, but for me the combo is still a bit light, but that is just something to get used to.

Andro may have laid the golden egg in this one, it plays very good and I am sure it will suit any style. I haven't got to try the Turbo and regular Rasant versions, but I really expect them to be amazing to, due to the Powersponge version beeing just incredible!

Please do not read this as an ad for Andro, it's not, it's my honest opinion :)

If you have any questions, like what blades are the rubbers suitable for and such please feel free to ask what you like :)

I'll try to upload some pictures soon too!

Reactions: agold
This user has no status.
Well... Im still looking for a good blade can you tell me something about the Treiber K ur using and how do you think it will play with hexer on it? Thanks alot

Btw nice review I have tried the Andro Rasant Turbo and it was very fast and spinny but it was a little bit to much and I was making many misstakes just because it was so fast.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Andro Rasant Powersponge

First impression: The rubber looks nice, and is actually not heavy at all, I expected it to be because of the Hexer HD beeing so heavy.
It looks really cool with the green sponge, and is really easy to glue. Actually this is an improvement since I've faced some gluing trouble with Tenergy and Bluefire rubbers before, but the Rasant is no problem :)

Gameplay: For driving the rubber is pretty good, but it all depends on the blade and the technique, if you hit slow and weak the ball will be slow, but if you hit harder the balll will go faster, not like a Tenergy where the ball will bounce like hell no matter how you hit. So I would say that it has more controll. But when looping you can really feel this beast, it's like a super hero rubber, just like on the package. It has extreme speed and spin and the sound is amazing. I did not boost this rubber and I used Andro waterbased glue, but when I played it, it felt like I had boosted the crap out of it, and the sound was just this amazing speed glue sound. Looping in the opening game is really good, and for follow up blocking and counter looping you have all the controll in the world, with tremendous speed and spin! For touch play it has really good control, I never believed that a rubber with that amount of speed in it would have so good control when playing short! As for service and returns it plays really good too! The blade Treiber K is quite on the lightweight side of the scale, but still really fast with good feel. It makes it difficult for me to time all my strokes correct since Im used to heavier blades, but as soon as I got used to it it was just amazing! As for the service I was able to put in a great amount of spin, and due to the softness and grip it is almost like you can just lay the ball anywhere on the table with almost no effort.

If I was to compare with other rubbers I'd say it is faster than Tenergy, more controlled than Tenergy and way spinnier. On this blade it is very good, but for me the combo is still a bit light, but that is just something to get used to.

Andro may have laid the golden egg in this one, it plays very good and I am sure it will suit any style. I haven't got to try the Turbo and regular Rasant versions, but I really expect them to be amazing to, due to the Powersponge version beeing just incredible!

Please do not read this as an ad for Andro, it's not, it's my honest opinion :)

If you have any questions, like what blades are the rubbers suitable for and such please feel free to ask what you like :)

I'll try to upload some pictures soon too!

Thanks for this! Is it good far away from the table? Also, what do you think of the Petr Korbel blade with it?

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Well... Im still looking for a good blade can you tell me something about the Treiber K ur using and how do you think it will play with hexer on it? Thanks alot

Btw nice review I have tried the Andro Rasant Turbo and it was very fast and spinny but it was a little bit to much and I was making many misstakes just because it was so fast.

I haven't tried the Turbo version yet, but I guess it's better for you to use the Powersponge if you want good control :)

About the Treiber K, its very light, so the weight balance depends on the rubbers.. If the regular Hexer is as heavy as Hexer HD, then you would get a very head-heavy bat if you put them on.. So i'd recommend lightweight rubbers for this one, but then again, all players prefer different :)

Edit:

Addition: The blade is really good for any stroke, but really light. I would say it's like a regular offensive blade with some extra speed/control features, like you can play as fast or as slow as you want with it, and for touch play it's good. It's not extraordinary like the Clipper or TBS, but somewhat below that, very good blade for a low price, you could use this as an upgrade from the all-wood blade, to get more agressive like with a carbon blade, but still not loosing the feel of a wooden blade :)

Last edited:
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Thanks for this! Is it good far away from the table? Also, what do you think of the Petr Korbel blade with it?

Actually I think it would go perfect on any blade, I tried it on my Maplewood (wich is really difficult to find good rubbers for) today and it rocked!

As for far away play, I like it, you can lob, chop and counterloop with it pretty good, and the spin/speed you will get is quite nice! Also it sounds like a speed glued rubber, and my training partner today told me to quit boosting my rubbers because of the sound, but I have never boosted this rubber, so it actually sounds really nice :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
thanks for the review but you haven't mentioned any weakness :) every rubber got its pros and cons:p. Did you find any cons? Im playing andro rasant power sponge since a half year now :p and especially for my backhand its like the rubber was just created for me^^. Really alot of control and the rubber has a long durability.
My strong side is the forehand and i also tryed it on my forehand: For me there was not enough punch force in the topspinralleys and i needed to use more effort to loop against underspin compared to the normal rasant rubber. But yeah as already mentioned this rubber gives an amazing feeling, especially in the game near to the table. That's just my opinion :p.

Ps I'm playing the rubber on the Timo Boll ALC-Blade .

Last edited:
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
thanks for the review but you haven't mentioned any weakness :) every rubber got its pros and cons:p. Did you find any cons? Im playing andro rasant power sponge since a half year now :p and especially for my backhand its like the rubber was just created for me^^. Really alot of control and the rubber has a long durability.
My strong side is the forehand and i also tryed it on my forehand: For me there was not enough punch force in the topspinralleys and i needed to use more effort to loop against underspin compared to the normal rasant rubber. But yeah as already mentioned this rubber gives an amazing feeling, especially in the game near to the table. That's just my opinion :p.

Ps I'm playing the rubber on the Timo Boll ALC-Blade .

I kinda feel like it was made for me too! lol :p

But no, I really could not find any cons, but I think it's all about the blade when it comes to finding cons with this rubber, if you know what I mean..
I have tested it on both a hardwood blade and a composite blade, and found it good on both, but it might just be me being lucky :)
But as I mentioned before, all players prefer different, and for me this is really the perfect rubber, until otherwise has been proven :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
You dont have to lift the ball with full effort topspin if it has a heavy underspin.. easier way is lift (spin) it with a sidetop manner, take the ball at the area which has lesser spin on it remember the center of the ball always have a greater spin. So why force it

Hard Med Soft rubber the principle applies to all by then you can generate your own spin against your opponents.. key is brush (scratch) the ball against your rubber firmly till you feel it in your blade by then youll have a descent control

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
One more thing-- will it go with my Chinese loop? Do you think it'll be a hard transition from tack?

Hi there,
sorry to interrupt you.
But you have to know that if you have chinese loop style than you should stay with chinese rubber, because all the ESN and Tenergy rubber are different.
Especially the ESN products(andro, donic, ...) are quite springy and with the chinese technique, you will be disappointed quite soon. (it happens to me)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Hi there no worries even with chinese rubber you can still use european style short swing just use your hip and firm arm, not wrist when you swing your spin.. its just a matter of timing and angle. Ive been playing for 23yrs and blieve me since we are sponge players.. you can do actually everything you want with the ball..provided you follow the rule " bat angle = spin angle

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk