How to play DHS Hurricane H3 blue sponge province?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Read 2 reviews
Hi,

I would like to seek an advice for members here that tried/played with H3 blue sponge regularly. Anyone's here encounter the same issue
like having a problems to play with rubber? How to unlock the secret or potential of the rubber like the angle of attack,loop(open/close bat) etc?

And, as for service as well, its pretty hard to make a good down spin compare to Tenergy.Don't you agree? I've been using H3 for 4 months but
I still cannot explore the maximun potential out of it. Please help.

Thanks for sharing.

This user has no status.
Short european loops wont work... you have to make longer stroles like the chinese. thats whay only the chinese players use these rubbers.
And about the serves, you have to het the ball extremely thin to generate spin because of the tacky surface the ball wont bounce of the bat so if you dont hit it thin enough you will notice that you will not get any spin. what I did was just tossing the ball higher so it would bounce of my bat more.

But after all, I didnt like these tacky rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Read 2 reviews
Carl, brushing no problem at all. When u loop, yes, super spining compare to Tenergy. The main issue how you exploit the potential of the rubber?
Example, if you play with Tenergy, you can be lazy, i mean, even without a proper strokes, the ball still go over but with H3, you cant.
I've tried with many strokes as well. If you loop with open bat, the trajectory of the ball goes up and when touch the table, then ball seem
to bounce higher plus spin. If you close the bat, the flight path like tenergy and fast, the ball goes down like down spin. It is very hard to predict
and to get an idea which method suit all.Unless, the CNT players willing to share the info.

There's hidden agenda that we all don't not know about H3, how to play with it. That's the headache part of chinese rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Read 2 reviews
Short european loops wont work... you have to make longer stroles like the chinese. thats whay only the chinese players use these rubbers.
And about the serves, you have to het the ball extremely thin to generate spin because of the tacky surface the ball wont bounce of the bat so if you dont hit it thin enough you will notice that you will not get any spin. what I did was just tossing the ball higher so it would bounce of my bat more.

But after all, I didnt like these tacky rubbers.

Ok... once in a blue moon, i able to brush/service/loop with very thin contact, and the satisfaction really caught you off guard. As you mentioned,
the relax you are, the tricky the spin produce. Maybe we dont have a right technique each strokes?

Once you play with H3, it seems you've addicted to it.

u need to have a long stroke to use H3 blue sponge and especially blue sponge national tuned too, u can record yourself and see what u can improve your stroke , u can practice it infront of the mirror, bending your knees, turning your shoulder, swinging the black all the way back and lower of center gravity and finish in front of your forehead. Got to be the same every stroke....... Practice will make perfect everytime and brush the ball 3/4 top of the ball not behind it... u can also review those Chinese top players see how theirs form :) hope that help....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I can understand if non Chinese style players have problems with loop
But service should be a piece of cake.

I suspect that your control/feeling of the ball is not there.
But having so that, the tacky surface should make servicing the ball really easy....

Yes, your wrist musn't be lock tight, and I also suspect your weight transfer is incorrect - thus your power/shot is weak.

I have worked with some South African junior champion players - players good enough to win Butterfly scholarship, but don't have the correct foundation of weight transfer and movement, so don't worry, as not every one can do it right.

Reactions: ducksick
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
With Hurricane 3 you must use active or semi-active shots. Blocks will not work with it. You should try to loop as much and as fast as you can. Also with good quality. Or this rubber will not work for you.
I had Hurricane 2. It was great for serving and short game but i have trouble with looping and counter looping because mt technique was not good enough that time so i switched to none-tacky bouncy rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I have been using H3 for a while now and i don't agree you have to do long strokes to unleash its power. Just look at Fan Zhendong with those fast counter topspins over the table. You have to get the power from the hip movement and a fast elbow snap. Also, the contact point with the ball is crucial, you either let the ball get lower and brush loop it upwards ( more spin ) or contact it earlier in a more forward movement. You adjust the arc of the ball by opening/closing your bat.

Reactions: Rajah* and ducksick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Read 2 reviews
Thanks all for the precious feedback and I''ll looking into it.

Tony, when the rubber is new, service cause a lot of problems. The ball wont bouce out. Pretty hard to have a nice feeling/control.
But now, the feeling are there. Probably I need to practice more, chinese styles of playing. I will take note bout the weight transfer as well.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
With H3, to make a very spinny ball, you need to graze it... or hit through it with a big impact.

Trying to play the underspin game wont work for you if you are not vigorous in your stroke.

You will, however, like how you can bump stuff short with a loose wrist impacting ball close to table, that short control can work for you, but the rest of the shots, you had damned well better put some HOT SAUCE on your shot or else.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
I've been using h2 for years and yes,u need to make ur topspin like the chinese does n guess what,it's hard if ur hands are not fast enough to go back to ur start pos.but one good thing about chinese rubber is u will improve ur short game btter than bfore.flicking the serve and servicing are really nice.cn make ur opponent confuse on the amount of spin u put on the serve.if u din boost,strength is the aspect u have to improve in order to bring out its full potential.all and all,chinese rubber are really nice

Sent from my Lenovo S920_ROW using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
i have question here, i've done a drop test approx 20cm high to the rubber, the outcome, the first bounce, normal, and the second, dead.
stick to the rubber. and another test on different blade, a few bounces before it completely stop.
So which one is good?

You can't compared apples with oranges.

Both is good, depending on what you are trying to achieve.

So basically, you can't compared hard sponge/tacky vs soft sponge/non tacky.
Totally 2 different things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajah*
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
i have question here, i've done a drop test approx 20cm high to the rubber, the outcome, the first bounce, normal, and the second, dead.
stick to the rubber. and another test on different blade, a few bounces before it completely stop.
So which one is good?

Your dhs is in good condition then having that 2nd bounce dead. I think you should post some video so that we can help you pinpoint which part of your stroke need to be corrected, have you tried spinning with hip movement and
"bat angle = spin angle".

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Last edited: