How to become a Moderator?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Well...if the rules were more strict like some other forums you would be warning people for going off-topic, warning people for posting this useless/spam/maybe scam thread (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4260-Which-Wedding-Shoes-TTD) and that's about it of all I can think of right now.

Did you report it? I can't do anything about it because it's not in my forums. I moderate equipment reviews and interviews. Generally I don't go around looking at all of the threads so we have an important reliance on members to report spam threads or comments, then we get email notifications to our personal emails and remove the threads/posts.

Most of the moderators on here put a lot of effort into supporting Dan when he was getting TTD off the ground and did our best to invest into our forums. I personally spent a lot of time filling the interview forum with my own interviews as you may have noticed :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
To me, it seems like things work just fine here. Any time I have let Dan know about spam, it disappears. Usually, they find the spam anyway, even if it is not reported. But, when you report it, they take care of it quickly.

I have not seen too many places where someone was really out of line in a thread and most of the stuff that goes off topic is on the fun side anyway and still interesting even if it is not exactly the original subject. And if you read the whole thread you can often see where things went a little off topic and sometimes it makes sense that the discussion shifted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Just saw this thread. I know it has been dormant for a long time but I think there is an important point here. This is my only active forum, but sometimes I'll do a google search and I'll see Alex Table Tennis or another tt forum. Those mods are very strict. If you get a little off topic, they will say something like, "this is not related to the original topic. This is your first warning." I think that makes the forum uptight, and I really like this forum because of its relaxedness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Just saw this thread. I know it has been dormant for a long time but I think there is an important point here. This is my only active forum, but sometimes I'll do a google search and I'll see Alex Table Tennis or another tt forum. Those mods are very strict. If you get a little off topic, they will say something like, "this is not related to the original topic. This is your first warning." I think that makes the forum uptight, and I really like this forum because of its relaxedness.

THe problem with Alex TT, or rather Mytt, is that there is way too many trolls in that forum.
I have mod friends there, and its really sad to see how much time they need to waste in they lifes to baby sit spoilt brats hiding behind a pc screen.