Short pimpels players

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I see many plyers here who play SP on BH use Yasaka Extend PO. Our club's ace is a J-pen player who uses an ancient J-Pen carbon blade using Extend PO in a thinish sponge, prolly around 1.3 or 1.5ish. He plays allround game to kill spin and place the ball well, but can FH blast the ball through you and the wall behind you with an RSM-like steparound finish. (He actually was an elite junior the same time as RSM and knows him) Very difficult player to face as a 2 wing agressive looper. This guy just destroys your timing and entices you to go after the wrong balls. You have to have a very good allround game and setup your high percentage, high spin shots well and use the power smash only when it can finish or setup the finish. This guy is too good at blocking and killing spin. You have to mess with his timing and overwhelm him with spin or power, but that can be a tricky thing. You have to know when to do that or you end up hanging your own self. This dude has a long graveyard of all-out attacking victims vs him.

He is city div 1 here and always goes to finals of nation open div 3. he should be a semi-strong natl div 2 player, but he is one of those who can get away with staying a div lower.

Many former J-Pen players convert to shakehand and some of them go the SP route on BH. Many of these players are tough cookies to face in a match. Myself, I have only a 66% win rate vs a pastor in our club who uses SP on BH who is a div lower than me. Dude is tough to play and destroys you timing. No real safe place to put the ball. You always have to take charge of the point or you will be picking up the ball as he adds another point to his score.

There are a few top female players in our city at div 2 and div 1 (Mens !!! level) who use SP on BH and it is Extend PO. They are even tougher and you have to bring the fight to them or the choke you and make you tap-out.

From all the amature tounreys I have played, I see either Extend PO or Spectol. Amazingly, I see very few players with BTY SP.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Hey D_E, great story there. As a matter of fact, I myself just got back watching a tourney here this morning. I saw many of the guys that you mentioned above, 8 times national champion (he's 57 now), a bunch of ex national back up players (provincial players all in their 50s!), tearing my friends much younger team apart. I didn't play since the organizer said I wasn't allowed, but they let ex nat champ team play? hehe These geezers are good I'm telling ya. All were using PH (no RPB stuff here), except for one. They just kept the ball in play with control, and when you let your guards down, they blast one thru you! Like me now, their recovery is non existence, so every attack has to end up with a point. And boy, can they attack!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
are you talking about spectol speed(white sponge) or standard(beige sponge)?

says Sorry I`m in Bulgaria (eastern europe) .
says Sorry I`m in Bulgaria (eastern europe) .
Apr 2017
Hello dark masters (i could image when put pips on my BH would be given to the dark side of the force)
I switched to pips a year ago after several years out of tt due to injury.
My currennt settup is Mizuno Booster EV on Avalox P700 my backup blades are DHS Sharping and Spectol Blue and Armostrong 8L.
What i like most of the Mizuno is the speed and passive block abilities, but needs to play with at least 3 times a week because loose of feeling when does not play often.
In my area there no other short pips players so it is very hard with testing new rubbers next in my list is Victas v102 and maybe 101