Boosting with baby oil

This user has no status.
Donot use baby oil.. use olive oil on your topsheet..

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
I have done this, and yes , the effect has been good. I felt that I made the topsheet and sponge,both of them soft.
Though now I feel that I have them mushy soft. I don't like it now that much.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Ok now we know baby oil works, but is it good? How long does it last and how do they compare to the boosters for table tennis?

No its not that good, it will make your rubber dome but i feel it gets too mushy. I use falco long boost 1 thin layer on my tenergy 05 and that works good.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
ilike the effect of baby oil on harder chinese style rubbers. However, do not overboost, as oil doesnt dry as well as actual boosters.

Boosting hard rubbers will stretch the top sheet, improving the spin and touch in the short game, and add a little more kick away from the table (an extra gear) when youneed it. The sponge does get softer, but starting with a harder songe overcomes that.

It wont turn a chinese style rubber into an euro/jap one, but it works great for that active/fully engaged play style.

Reactions: ajtatosmano2
ilike the effect of baby oil on harder chinese style rubbers. However, do not overboost, as oil doesnt dry as well as actual boosters.

Boosting hard rubbers will stretch the top sheet, improving the spin and touch in the short game, and add a little more kick away from the table (an extra gear) when youneed it. The sponge does get softer, but starting with a harder songe overcomes that.

It wont turn a chinese style rubber into an euro/jap one, but it works great for that active/fully engaged play style.

I overboosted, now my rubber doesnt stick well lool xD

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I know a lot of people on this forum like and use Falco. I have a friend who is pretty high level and boosts and he says Dianchi is much better than Falco and that Haifu SeaMoon booster is better than Dianchi but both Dianchi and SeaMoon are good.

Not sure why but he said Falco was way worse than the other two.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Reactions: dreto
This user has no status.
i had to unglue my two rubber, a Xiom Vega europe and a Xiom Vega pro, both of them shrunk, im thinking on using baby oil to restore them. the choice for baby oil is because of price and availability, i dont have neither €€€ or time to wait for a decent Table Tennis Booster.

How many layers do tou thing i shoud apply and how long should i wait for each layer.
Thenk you for your help i have to do it the weekend.

i had to unglue my two rubber, a Xiom Vega europe and a Xiom Vega pro, both of them shrunk, im thinking on using baby oil to restore them. the choice for baby oil is because of price and availability, i dont have neither €€€ or time to wait for a decent Table Tennis Booster.

How many layers do tou thing i shoud apply and how long should i wait for each layer.

After serveral times boosting with baby oil, the best way to boost is by giving the rubber one layer of WBG (not too thick but not too thin),
then apply thin baby oil (but enough to coat the whole surface), after few hours (usually I reapply after 24 hours), apply another thin layer of baby oil. Repeat this process until when you touch your rubber, it feels sticky because of the oil mixed with the glue. If the surface is not that sticky, it means the rubber still can absorb the baby oil.

After the last layer of baby oil. I usually leave it for 2 or more days, then I use paper to absorb the excess oil (that is mixed with the glue).

Apply 2 more layers of WBG on the rubber, and 1 layer WBG on the blade.

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews

I boosted Xiom Vega Pro with baby oil and be careful! Apply maximum two layers because it become too bouncy! I mean REALLY bouncy (I've never seen anything like that)!

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
I did the baby oil on my old sheet of H3, but it just take too long and the effect is not so great compare to existing boosters... not worth it when time is critical :)

anyways this is how I did it:
1. Remove existing glue on the rubber
2. Apply a light layer of WBG and wait till dried
3. Apply light layer of baby oil and wait till dried
4. Repeat step 3, 4 more times :)
5. Wait till its undome...
6. Apply a light layer of WBG on the blade and on the rubber

Cheers,

This user has no status.
I needed to boost my Xiom Vega Europe DF as it has shrunk. Now I've taken it off again and it has extreme dome.
What would I apply to the top sheet to bring the dome down a bit. Baby oil, olive oil, WD40, Kerosene? Not I'm not trying to add extra grip, just expand top sheet slightly.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I needed to boost my Xiom Vega Europe DF as it has shrunk. Now I've taken it off again and it has extreme dome.
What would I apply to the top sheet to bring the dome down a bit. Baby oil, olive oil, WD40, Kerosene? Not I'm not trying to add extra grip, just expand top sheet slightly.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Falco Life Expander, maybe. Are you saying that the rubber is still domed in the same way it would have been after boosting the sponge? In which case just wait a while.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Olive oil will flatten it quicker, but the jury is still out on other efffects of that. I tried it on a sheet of Corbor Reactor (because it was cheap) and it became the tackiest rubber I have ever seen. But still played like Corbor Reactor in other ways.

FYI. https://bribartt.co.uk/product/falco-life-expander/ £18, and will last forever.. However, does seem very WD40 like.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
I know a lot of people on this forum like and use Falco. I have a friend who is pretty high level and boosts and he says Dianchi is much better than Falco and that Haifu SeaMoon booster is better than Dianchi but both Dianchi and SeaMoon are good.

Not sure why but he said Falco was way worse than the other two.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Dianchi and Falco are ridiculously expensive. They do not have shelf life as these are made by non-engineer business folks. After one year they become mushy, muddy, ugly substance that I am not sure how safe they are. The manufacturers do not disclose how they are made, ingredients, etc. so cancerous substances are possible. This is a warning to TT players as I think we are probably playing with fire unknowingly. I only trust boosters/glues made by well-known and reliable manufacturers as they are liable for what they sell, not these Dianchi and Falco Chinese manufacturers. Geezzz .. look at this!

Attachments

• IMG_2420.jpg
    IMG_2420.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 859
  • IMG_2421.jpg
    IMG_2421.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 883
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Do we know what Falcon is made of? Any secret substances harmful to living things? Why doesn't ITTF start looking into these boosters and make some warnings? We are players thus do not have resources to analyze them.

Thanks to this post I start looking into olive oil and baby oil instead of buying unknown and suspicious stuffs. The Dianchi I got it for one year only and always store it in my living room. I was shocked to see the residues inside the almost full bottle.