Problem generating topspin with Tibhar MX-P

This user has no status.
Hi everyone, I had a Timo Boll Spirit lying in my closet and I discided to stick 2 sheets of Tibhar MX-P on it. It was awesome and I could play very agressive with it bacause the rubbers where not too sensitive to spin. Counter topspinning was no problem at all and I could hit every ball just like there was no spin on the ball (apart from backspin ofcourse). But I was having problems with generating topspin when trying slow spinny loops. There was some spin on the ball but I had to make a very very thin contact and there was still not that much spin on the ball... but I was not having problems generating spin on my serves pushes and looping backspin was also pretty easy. But there was just not much spin on the ball.

Does anyone knows why I have this problem? Maybe I have to play more with the rubber and the topsheet will avengely get more flexible? I have no Idea. I love paying with it but the lack of spin on my loops is just something that I cant live with :(

Thanks in advance for the help!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
When I switched from tenergy to Mx-P I had thee same thing, it was more difficult to lift backspin and more difficult to reloop the ball if not in a good position. So I had to readjust my methods of playing and even stick Mx-P on a slightly more flexible blade which was Stiga infinity works perfect imo. So saying this, Mx-P is a quite difficult rubber to master, you'd better flick with it more as it have a good punch and loop when necessary. This rubber is not suitable for stiff blades, neither for BH.

This user has no status.
Well, I find it a very good rubber but its just the lack of spin... But since the Timo Boll Spirit and the MX-P are both not too sensitive to incoming spin it was almost like playing with short pimples.

It was also very good against long pimples. If you hit the bal very hard and foreward the backspin doesnt take any effect and you can just keep hitting the ball hard. It was like there was almost no backspin on the ball.

So its very good setup for very hard tospins with low arc but its just to bad generating spin is so hard...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Poor Samsonov must be reading this thread and thinking "I'd better get Tibhar come up with something that's more spinny than MX-P" :)

Seriously guys, playing with MX-P is like playing with short pips? WTF. If you are having difficulties generating spin when looping with MX-P, don't blame the rubber. Ask an experienced player or a coach to watch what you're doing, and tell you how do it better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Poor Samsonov must be reading this thread and thinking "I'd better get Tibhar come up with something that's more spinny than MX-P" :)

Seriously guys, playing with MX-P is like playing with short pips? WTF. If you are having difficulties generating spin when looping with MX-P, don't blame the rubber. Ask an experienced player or a coach to watch what you're doing, and tell you how do it better.

That is so presumptuous and ignorant, don't you understand it's not like they can't generate spin with Mx-P, I have no trouble at all. It's not about that. Try to put a tenergy 05 on one side and Mx-P on the same blade and you'll see yourself that with a tenergy lifts the ball so much easier. it's all about readjusting though

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I can make extreme heavy spin on slow openers with MX-P on a TBS. I got my paws on a test sheet of MX-P a few weeks before it hit the market. I played it 3 weeks then mailed it off to a friend to test out. Loved MX-P on the TBS, loved it. Made me forget about T05, although I will admit it is really easy to make heavy spin with a weak stroke using T05 though. I can see where vvK1 is coming from though, you need a faster bat at impact to make the same spin with rubbers not called T05. That comes from technique and adjustment as already mentioned. Some coaches won't tell you what you are really doing wrong for fear you will grow too much in level then not want coaching anymoar. Big pile of crap as advanced players all know, the more you improve, the more you discover how much you still do not know about the game and the more you need professional training to correct it...