CNT 2014 WTTTC Closed Training News

wan

This user has no status.

wan

This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I watched some of the videos of ZJK vs FZD in this thread. I noticed that several times the umpire stop the game and directly give the point to one of them. I cant noticed what actually happen that make she give the point. Someone can explain what was actualy happen?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
I watched some of the videos of ZJK vs FZD in this thread. I noticed that several times the umpire stop the game and directly give the point to one of them. I cant noticed what actually happen that make she give the point. Someone can explain what was actualy happen?

I heard that it's because of illegal service. Zhang Jike lost one point and Fan Zhendong lost two points as a result during their match.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Anyone else notice the loops are dropping early and hitting the net before going over? I think this is the new balls in action.

Good eyes! The games were played using new plastic balls. How did you know? Have you played the new ball yourself? What do you think of it? I don't know. I did not seem much difference in terms of prolonging the rally and making the games more interesting. It looks the same to me. I don't know any other sports that had changed the ball size or materials significantly. But, what did I know, I have not been following other sports very closely to know their history anyway.

Last edited:

wan

This user has no status.

wan

This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I heard that it's because of illegal service. Zhang Jike lost one point and Fan Zhendong lost two points as a result during their match.

Yeah, I thought the same actually. But, for the ZJK's lost point, I cant see his actual mistake in service. I had replay that part several times, but still cant noticed the mistake. Maybe I'm still lack in the real situation service rule. Btw, thanks for sharing your opinion due to my question.. :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Good eyes! The games were played using new plastic balls. How did you know? Have you played the new ball yourself? What do you think of it? I don't know. I did not seem much difference in terms of prolonging the rally and making the games more interesting. It looks the same to me. I don't know any other sports that had changed the ball size or materials significantly. But, what did I know, I have not been following other sports very closely to know their history anyway.

Soccer or Football changes balls every year or basically every major tournament

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Few years ago, CNT closed training included umpires giving points away for no reason.
Some of them are in crucial situation.
This is to test how the player can handle the pressure.

Examples will be faulting a service on purpose.
Not acknowledging an edge ball when it is in.
Calling an edge ball when it was off
etc

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
They actually played very good with new ball. Almost without problem. It will be interesting to know how much they trained with them.
zjkfanforever do you now how many times balls broke in Ma Long vs Xu Xin and Ma Long vs Fan Zhendong matches?

I actually didn't saw all the videos yet.
Just had a quick peek.

I notices lots of net shot. Meaning arc is not right.
That was my first impression using poly balls over 1 year ago.
I also saw some national cadets train in Taipei with the poly ball, and also can see the arc is really low.

From a few shot/reaction of players, I can tell the spin is also not as greater as before.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I actually didn't saw all the videos yet.
Just had a quick peek.

I notices lots of net shot. Meaning arc is not right.
That was my first impression using poly balls over 1 year ago.
I also saw some national cadets train in Taipei with the poly ball, and also can see the arc is really low.

From a few shot/reaction of players, I can tell the spin is also not as greater as before.
Agree with you. There was lots of net shots. But still they played well. Not their best but still good and better than i expect.
It's bad that the spin is not as great as before. The most special thing about table tennis is it's spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Agree with you. There was lots of net shots. But still they played well. Not their best but still good and better than i expect.
It's bad that the spin is not as great as before. The most special thing about table tennis is it's spin.

Well, from what little bit I saw (mostly the last video posted between FZD and ZJK 2nd set)
The players didn't do really well.
I recall ZJK pushed a ball, but it was a floater. FZD push hard, but it had little or not spin - won't normally be a floater lol
ZJK read it as underspin and push back, and it went off the table by a mile.
Bring back memory of the first time I used these poly balls.
FZD obviously netted the ball a lot more.

To me, this poly ball match is a test to the players, to see how they can face changes/difficulties.
The players certainly wasn't fooling around, and it was a very strict match - see how strict the umpires was looking at services already (women umpire moving to FZD serve).

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Well, from what little bit I saw (mostly the last video posted between FZD and ZJK 2nd set)
The players didn't do really well.
I recall ZJK pushed a ball, but it was a floater. FZD push hard, but it had little or not spin - won't normally be a floater lol
ZJK read it as underspin and push back, and it went off the table by a mile.
Bring back memory of the first time I used these poly balls.
FZD obviously netted the ball a lot more.

To me, this poly ball match is a test to the players, to see how they can face changes/difficulties.
The players certainly wasn't fooling around, and it was a very strict match - see how strict the umpires was looking at services already (women umpire moving to FZD serve).
FZD played terrible in second set. Just see the first set. They play good, again not their best but good. They are not still adjusted to new ball but i don't think this will be a hard thing for they.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
FZD played terrible in second set. Just see the first set. They play good, again not their best but good. They are not still adjusted to new ball but i don't think this will be a hard thing for they.

Yeah, it won't be a hard thing.
B team been training with the new ball for months already.

I'm sure CNT is the most prepared for the transition compare to any other national team in the world.