What is banana flip/flick used in receiving ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
the pro player ussually seems to talk about this banana flick/flip used for recieving high backspin serve...
what is this....??
and how it is executed..??

any videos please?????

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
the pro player ussually seems to talk about this banana flick/flip used for recieving high backspin serve...
what is this....??
and how it is executed..??

any videos please?????
...i have this problem too . i know its a flip witch zjk is famous in it . but really dont know which one it is?? can some one reply??

This user has no status.
Well, a ball with heavy backspin rotates around horizontal axis. If you put your rubber in front of it, your rubber gets the maximum backspin from the ball. However, the spin is minimal on its axis of rotation, ie, the side of the ball. Banana flick attacks the ball at its side with sidespin/topspin. Combination of existing backspin and the sidespin/topspin at its axis of rotation is the cause of weird trajectory.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
There are variations of the banana flip, but what I've learned is that depending on how you use your trajectory and where you let the ball leave the racket you can create topspin/sidespin returns or even underspin returns. By changing the horizontal axis of rotation 90 degrees or so you can cause the ball to react similar to an underspin ball when players are blocking.