Anti Loop, Long Pimples, Short Pimples

iTT

This user has no status.
Does anyone have any specific playing styles to tackle these rubbers? Or from experience can identify strengths and weaknesses?

Please leave a comment.

spectol_200x200.jpg

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Hi buddy, if you think that you play badly against opponents using pimples, then I think you should play against these sort of players more often. The balls coming back of pimples are opposite of what you normally get from pips-in rubbers. For example, if you top spin the ball, it'll come back as an underspin(chop), regardless if your opponent block or chop your top spin...and vice versa. I know this since I play against these players every week (3 times a week actually) :). You may attack every ball that comes back to you, as long as you know what TYPE of balls are coming back to you AFTER EVERY SHOTS. Once you get the hang of it, you'll begin to enjoy your TT more.

Try go to http://www.masatenisi.org/english/ as I find there are some useful tips there, though it's a bit outdated.

Hope it helps pal.:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
For playing against pimpled rubbers, you'll need to train ur reflexes for the sharp spins that are induced on the ball. Chop returns as a top spin and top spin returns as a chop.. you'll also understand that its easy to side spin a top spin with just angling ur bat.. But everything comes fine only with practice... So practice n play hard!:)

Mar 2011
Don't worry about it mate, the more you play with them, the better you'll get. Don't avoid these players, instead, seek them out. You'll get short balls quarter of the table sometimes, which in time will help you develop better footwork. At the present time, you may have to think what type of balls are coming back at you, which explains your reluctance, but in no time it'll be second nature to you.

Heavy top spins means heavy chop coming back at you, if you can't attack, just lift the ball over and wait for the next shot, which will come as top spin.

Good luck and don't lose heart lil buddy.:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
Don't worry about it mate, the more you play with them, the better you'll get. Don't avoid these players, instead, seek them out. You'll get short balls quarter of the table sometimes, which in time will help you develop better footwork. At the present time, you may have to think what type of balls are coming back at you, which explains your reluctance, but in no time it'll be second nature to you.

Heavy top spins means heavy chop coming back at you, if you can't attack, just lift the ball over and wait for the next shot, which will come as top spin.

Good luck and don't lose heart lil buddy.:)

i agree with you.the frst time i played against a chopper was awfull,but now a completely other story

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
When I play these types of people I have a set strategy in mind. First you have to remember that the balls coming back to you are going to be off pace, as in they will ne slower to you rather than somebody else playing with normal inverted rubber, so be ready.

For me, playing a long pips chopper/blocker I like to serve into the pips long fast serves, mostly light top spin of dead. The idea behind this is that rubber cannot make its own spin so the ball coming back from this kind of serve is easily handled because it will be long and light under spin, totally loop-able. Then if you get into a rally if you are still weak against these players take a one and one approach, one loop, one push. This will make it easy in your mind what ball you can hit. If you just looped get ready for a push that will set you up for a loop the next shot. As you get better you can move to 2-1 and 3-1 and so on.

Also short dead serves are difficult for long pips players again because they cant male their own spin. So they will either give back a higher ball if they misread the serve or a long weak push that you can loop.

Hope that gave you some insight against these junk players. I just got back from playing a tournament this weekend filled with anti, short and long pips...it was probably one of the best tournaments I've played though because I knew what I was going to do and let my footwork allow me to make my forehand loop anywhere

There's so many more tactics you can use but you need to find what works best for you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Thanks, I figure I would write it down while it was still fresh in my head! Sorry for the spelling errors I was in my accounting class on my phone...

I kind of left out short pips only because what I said is more geared toward long pips and anti.

Short pips is to me just like regular rubber with less spin, so you just have to accommodate by opening your raquet face a bit more than normal.