What game are you playing now?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
Clash of Clans, it is a stupid game that no one should start. It has too many flaws for the serious wargamer.
My favorite is StarCraft and WarCraft. Not the on-line game but the CD.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
My husband and I play Lego games on PS3 :p It's very nice to be able to sit together like that ;)

I play that game with my son, everytime he comes for a visit. Most of the time Lego Batman3 on PS3. When i play with friends we mostly end up playing Sega's Virtua Tennis. I wish someone would make a Virtua Tabletennis. :-D I guess the software engine only needs a few adjustments and i know a few friends that would love to own such a game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
...When i play with friends we mostly end up playing Sega's Virtua Tennis. I wish someone would make a Virtua Tabletennis. :-D ....

Since there are so many software engineers and programmers on this forum, isn't this a challenge to anyone out there? ;-) Well i would buy that game immediatly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
Since there are so many software engineers and programmers on this forum, isn't this a challenge to anyone out there? ;-) Well i would buy that game immediatly.
I can supply the physics equations for computing the trajectories given tangential and normal CORs and the swing.
Since COR always changes as impact speed changes the simulation would not be exact but close.

I don't do HMI or graphics software. I can but I get tired of having to learn new graphics packages as the old ones become obsolete. Physics and math is forever knowledge and not a tool that changes with time like operating systems, languages, and graphics packages.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
In my opinion, the xbox TT game sucked because you couldn't predict the direction of the ball from the permanently neutral stance of the player, and it was impossible to get any spectacular rallies in it.

Also, I can't really imagine how in a fast close to the table game the mechanics would enable one to position the player, hit the ball, set its direction and the amount of spin they want to impart to it in so little reaction time.

In tennis games, this doesn't seem to be a big challenge, because the game is not as fast and perhaps does not depend on spin that much so you can get away with a simple configuration like: slice button, stroke button, lob button.

Hmm maybe if someone can make a TT game with realistic physics work with a Kinect-like control system that has good movement precision, this wouldn't be a problem anymore and the game would be worthwhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
In my opinion, the xbox TT game sucked because you couldn't predict the direction of the ball from the permanently neutral stance of the player, and it was impossible to get any spectacular rallies in it.

Also, I can't really imagine how in a fast close to the table game the mechanics would enable one to position the player, hit the ball, set its direction and the amount of spin they want to impart to it in so little reaction time.

In tennis games, this doesn't seem to be a big challenge, because the game is not as fast and perhaps does not depend on spin that much so you can get away with a simple configuration like: slice button, stroke button, lob button.

Hmm maybe if someone can make a TT game with realistic physics work with a Kinect-like control system that has good movement precision, this wouldn't be a problem anymore and the game would be worthwhile.

Well i don´t think it has to be that complicated. e.g. on PS3 you could do Basic hits by configuring the joypad and pushing one of the four Buttons, like x button for spinball, square button for straight ball(no spin) triangle for backspin and circle for lob. Besides one could use the upper Buttons for extra moves like sidespin etc.
I guess i really like the Software engine of virtua Tennis and i think the necessary programming adjustments are not too big to be done. Look the field could easy become a table. In the tennis game there are also different player types. One's got fast footwork, the next one's a hard hitter, one is a defender and so on. In career mode you build up your player with different mini games for training specific things like footwork for example.
This can easily be adapted also for a TT game. And of course Motion capturing from the TT-stars would be necessary as well. But i think it can be done...
Look here:

Try Cannon Smash, TT game for Linux and Windows.

This is the only TT game I know that convey chopper style well. :)

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

you´re right. this is one of the better TT games, but i would really prefer the Animations of this Tennis game which look more fluently and natural to me.

Last edited: