Why do you like Table Tennis???

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
TT mercilessly reveals my limits, my flaws, and forces me to reassess myself and makes me both move my limitations and come to terms with them.

It teaches me humility as well as respect for self and others. It challenges that humility too in moments of glory.

TT sharpens my mind, makes me open to the unexpected and forces me to adapt immediately.

TT helps me sacrifice my own goals and desires in aiding other persons development.

TT offers the playing field on which 80 year olds meet with 10 year olds, with both learning and having fun.

TT broke my body and spirit when very young, and still in my 30 years of not playing it I often felt a raw longing for the feel and sound of hitting the ball, and the fluid rhythm of the game in my thoughtless body.

After returning to it It became apparent immediately how starved I’d been of it (was I not wean’d till then?). For TT, it is a hunger. A raw and aching need (as the divine Miss M sort of put it).

Last edited:
Reactions: pingpongpaddy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Spin. - Got me into it as a kid. The grippy surface of my first inverted rubber and a glimpse of what you can do with it.

Now as an adult: The complexity and often frustration keep me hooked. The technique or errors in it are often so subtle, you don't improve for months. Then sth 'clicked' and your consistency goes up without really knowing why.

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Many things -
Learning to read the subtle change of spins on services
Learning techniques and tactics from other players
Thrill of topspin rallies
Sound of ball making solid contact with the bat
Facing opponents with wildly different play styles
Feeling of relief on a match well won
Feeling of pride on a match well played, win or lose
Experimenting with new rubber and blade combinations

Reactions: Dondragon81
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Hi all,

I create two clips in order to promote a new brand of Table Tennis supplies that I just create. I hope you like.

So why do you like table tennis? ... For me is just too adictive!!! I mean, nothing compares to a long rally... even if you lose the point it's an awesome sensation keep the ball on the table from long distance. I love it.

Long mid distance rallies, there's no words for that feeling :D

Reactions: phorkyas
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016

there is no reason , I just love it. When I am not well, when I am not happy, , I will just go to play table tennis, then I will be fine. That is the power of table tennis to me.

Reactions: wheelbuilder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I'm addicted because of so many reasons. I am struggling to pin point what it is exactly but I love the noise of the sport and the rhythm. I like how you can play and work so dam hard.

For me I love how so many different backgrounds of people can come together as one and share stories and play table tennis.

Great posts guys I'm enjoying reading them!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

The noise!!👍

There is something in that rhythmical ball sound that's just so addicting...sometimes I catch myself enjoying drills more than actual games, just because I can place the ball 30 times without an error (rare case though :D).

Also, self-awareness and self-consciousness. Table tennis is such a technical sport. To improve the game you HAVE TO analyze yourself constantly, whether that be a relaxation of your muscles before the stroke, proper sequence of muscles tension, footwork, wrist, etc. This also involves strategy and tactics.

With all that said, the self-consciousness kind of transforms into every day habit and goes further into all possible parts of life: relationships, work, self-development, etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Such a great topic and it is pretty obvious to me that there is an addictive element to TT. I come from an athletic background but have always valued individual sports as opposed to team sports. Something about my personality wants all the success or failure to be on me alone. This way there are no excuses available. You have to find a way to make improvements in your ability.
I am in my fifties now but still compete at a fairly high level in tennis and road cycling. I have tons of expensive equipment in both because the equipment side of it becomes it's own rewarding hobby. I am new to table tennis although of course I played it as a kid. The cycling and tennis I have done consistently for my whole life.
There is something so rewarding, fulfilling, calming, and exciting about table tennis that I have not found in other sports. It really is something. The reflexes involved and the many components that have to be present to execute a good stroke is also a bit higher imo than other sports. The sound is magical. I know that if I found this sport earlier I would have needed to play at a club and participate in tournaments. I'm just built that way.
I am lucky to be married to a high level athlete who is also insanely competitive. She was a Division 1 college tennis player and played a lot of table tennis. We bought a table last summer and have played every single day with ridiculous obsession and enthusiasm. She is no slouch and we push each other to improve very hard. We are not elderly patty-cake type of players. We love learning and studying technique, practicing, etc.
Don't know where I am going with this but I love it in a way that my other serious athletic endeavors cannot match.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pingpongpaddy