Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
During the test you were comparing this rubbers to t05. I am wondering if you were comparing it also to fx version or regular one. I am really interested in comparison to t05fx.

I would say the Tenergy 80 FX is slightly faster than the Tenergy 05 FX. Both are fairly similar as are they both in the softer FX sponge series. I am not to sure if the top sheet is much different between the two, but the 80 FX is even softer than the 05 FX so there is slightly more dwell and sponge absorption. This could alllow players to generate slightly more spin for some players.

Hi dan great reviews
after all these test reviews
it would be interesting up know what rubbers and combo you have settled on

cheers Dave

Great question. I think it all boils down to which rubber/blade suits that individual. All the blades and rubbers we have tested have been good for a particular style. Tom is a semi professional player and uses the Stiga Hybrid NCT blade with Tenergy 05 both sides. I coach now and vary between two blades. The Stiga Rosewood with Calibra Tour Medium both sides or the Timo Boll Spirit with Calibra Tour on both sides. I do a lot of blocking now :)

Thanks for the review Dan and Tom. Not only was it good to learn about the rubber, but great to watch you play. You make it look so easy!

Great to hear Chris! We try our best :)

Will you guys review the Viscaria? Since its finally released in Europe

Good idea Amayzde. We will see what we can do for the future if we can get this blade to review.

Reactions: janus
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I would say the Tenergy 80 FX is slightly faster than the Tenergy 05 FX. Both are fairly similar as are they both in the softer FX sponge series. I am not to sure if the top sheet is much different between the two, but the 80 FX is even softer than the 05 FX so there is slightly more dwell and sponge absorption. This could alllow players to generate slightly more spin for some players.
Thanks Dan. Actually this is not good for me. I want some rubber for the BH side, which is slower then t05fx. I like this rubber very much especially for the feeling and control, but still a lot of balls goes too long. I use 1.9mm sponge. Can you advice some slower rubber with simillar feeling?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Guys, I just wanna ask. I can't help it.

Do you think this rubber Tenergy 80 fx or probably Tnergy 80 will be good for a developing player? Thanks!

Hi there, how come youre askin? You are already using t80 as your bh rubber as said in your equipment. Tell us your experience with this rubber, thus this bh rubber of yours help improve your control of the game perse?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews

Do you think this rubber Tenergy 80 fx or probably Tnergy 80 will be good for a developing player? Thanks!

I think Tenergy 80Fx will do well with all types of player,from beginner to pro.Maybe even similar to The Mark V

Reactions: akonebrahim
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Thanks Dan. Actually this is not good for me. I want some rubber for the BH side, which is slower then t05fx. I like this rubber very much especially for the feeling and control, but still a lot of balls goes too long. I use 1.9mm sponge. Can you advice some slower rubber with simillar feeling?

I've been using T05-FX for the past few years and will be switching to 80-FX. However I had a similar problem with 05-FX 1.9mm with too many balls going long. Therefore I changed to 05-FX but with a 1.7mm sponge and it made a big difference. Perhaps you should try the same rubber but with a thinner sponge?

When will it be released in stores??

It's available in the UK now from the official Butterfly supplier, so it should be out in Sweden as well?

Reactions: Dan and akonebrahim
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
Come on guys, no offense but this review stinks! T80fx is good in everything, has no weaknesses, blah blah blah. I know it 'has to be good' bc butterfly gave it, but you could be more honest. At least Iwould expect with an fx rubber short game to be more difficult. Shouldnt say bad because its not, it depends on the user, just say its more diffiult to keep the ball low than with T80 or 05. That would be real comparison, TTD reviews all say every product is great in everything, nothing has downsides, etc...

I am interested in your reviews because your level is evidently high enough to feel difference between products, but only if you give me real insight and comparison, not just great in flicking, great in pushing, great in looping....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Come on guys, no offense but this review stinks! T80fx is good in everything, has no weaknesses, blah blah blah. I know it 'has to be good' bc butterfly gave it, but you could be more honest. At least Iwould expect with an fx rubber short game to be more difficult. Shouldnt say bad because its not, it depends on the user, just say its more diffiult to keep the ball low than with T80 or 05. That would be real comparison, TTD reviews all say every product is great in everything, nothing has downsides, etc...

I am interested in your reviews because your level is evidently high enough to feel difference between products, but only if you give me real insight and comparison, not just great in flicking, great in pushing, great in looping....

I completely disagree with this. Firstly they state in the review that it does have weaknesses in that it is not a rubber for players wanting to generate high speed.

The FX sponge in the short game is more bouncy and you can see this when comparing this review to the review TTD did of the regular Tenergy 80. However that doesn't make the FX sponge bad, it's just different.

The bottom line is that the Tenergy range of rubbers are superb and very hard to beat. I've used 05-FX for a number of years and it's very hard to fault it. The only fault I can find with it is that when it's old and starts to lose it's grip, the performance drops off. In other words, once it's done, it's done!

However, apart from this one issue, I've not yet found another rubber that does what it can do - i.e. short game, power, spin, control, feel, touch, etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews

Look at all the positives mentioned,then think about all other things that are not mentioned,then put 2 and 2 together...

that way you will find out all its faults.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Every single review done here is with full of respect to each sponsors and viewers. Now by the way lethalforhand commented i see that you yourself sir is a highlevel too who can analyse and review your own rubber. Now my question for you sir do you think it is proper for Dan and Tom to make negative comments everytime they make a review?
There are a lot of good coaches players here in the forum who can also analyze and review.. but we never make such comment like what you did becoz we value the word RESPECT.

Stupidity of the human race.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Every single review done here is with full of respect to each sponsors and viewers. Now by the way lethalforhand commented i see that you yourself sir is a highlevel too that can analyse and review your own rubber. Now my question for you sir do you think it is proper for Dan and Tom to make negative comments everytime they make a review?
There are a lot of good coaches players here in the forum who can also analyze and review.. but we never make such comment like what you did becoz we value the word RESPECT.

Stupidity of the human race.

now we wouldnt want Butterfly,Stiga,Andro or DHS to stop supplying any equipment for review because we go about criticising their products,would we?...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
one can respect the supplier while being critical about the product. Manufacturers also know that no product is excellent in all areas of the game, so they won't be surprised. To stick to the T80fx example, one could say, 'you need to have a good touch to be able to keep the ball low in short game with this rubber' instead of 'great in short game'. Or, 'excels in counterlooping but medium in touchgame'. No need to make explicitly negative comments, just help the viewer read between the lines more.

there is a continuum between full respect to the product provider and a very critical review. One end is saying 100% positive things, and being completely uninformative to the viewer, the other end is 100% informative for the viewer and rude to the provider. To me, TTD reviews are closer the the first endpoint than to the middle. I would prefer reviews in the middle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
one can respect the supplier while being critical about the product. Manufacturers also know that no product is excellent in all areas of the game, so they won't be surprised. To stick to the T80fx example, one could say, 'you need to have a good touch to be able to keep the ball low in short game with this rubber' instead of 'great in short game'. Or, 'excels in counterlooping but medium in touchgame'. No need to make explicitly negative comments, just help the viewer read between the lines more.

there is a continuum between full respect to the product provider and a very critical review. One end is saying 100% positive things, and being completely uninformative to the viewer, the other end is 100% informative for the viewer and rude to the provider. To me, TTD reviews are closer the the first endpoint than to the middle. I would prefer reviews in the middle.

But TTD goes towards the middle.They explain in detail all aspects,and they dont flatter the manufacturer,as the manufacturer also knows everything is not 100%.Thats the reason they got different products for different play styles.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

Okay Sali, you could try Stiga or Donic rubbers, they are good for the backhand. We reviewed the Stiga Calibra Tour Medium and found this excellent for the backhand side in terms of control.

No worries, I would say the T80FX is better for the developing player as the sponge is softer which allows a greater dwell time, meaning the ball stays on the players rubber slightly longer. I found I had a lot of control with this rubber, more control than what I got with the popular Tenergy 05.

Reactions: gen39
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Hi Dan,

Would you please give me your personal advice about switching to 80-fx ... I am now using 05-fx on Jun Mizutani blade.

Waiting for your reply ... To order 2 sheets or not.

Thanks in advance and awesome playing style in the review as usual.

Note : please try to compare Tenergy 80-fx vs Tenergy 05-fx not the regular 05.

BTW : Tom's backhand is improving a lot ... & nice hand switching 5:50 ... Dan's style is great as usual.

Many thanks for you guys ... You are the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk