Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Hi Dan,

Would you please give me your personal advice about switching to 80-fx ... I am now using 05-fx on Jun Mizutani blade.

Waiting for your reply ... To order 2 sheets or not.

Thanks in advance and awesome playing style in the review as usual.

Note : please try to compare Tenergy 80-fx vs Tenergy 05-fx not the regular 05.

BTW : Tom's backhand is improving a lot ... & nice hand switching 5:50 ... Dan's style is great as usual.

Many thanks for you guys ... You are the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey dude its Tom here! I think the 80fx would be a good swap from the 05fx I've tried both with Dan and the 80fx will give you a softer feeling and is probably slightly easier to spin with away from the table compared to the 05fx. To be honest the difference between the tenergy series of rubbers aren't that big, if you enjoy using one type of tenergy you will be able to easily transition to another, the differences are quite minimal. In my opinion ;)

Good for the 80fx you'll love it, glad your enjoy the reviews and thanks for the feedback man! :D All the best Tom

Reactions: amr_tareef

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey dude its Tom here! I think the 80fx would be a good swap from the 05fx I've tried both with Dan and the 80fx will give you a softer feeling and is probably slightly easier to spin with away from the table compared to the 05fx. To be honest the difference between the tenergy series of rubbers aren't that big, if you enjoy using one type of tenergy you will be able to easily transition to another, the differences are quite minimal. In my opinion ;)

Good for the 80fx you'll love it, glad your enjoy the reviews and thanks for the feedback man! :D All the best Tom

That is good advice from Tom there @amr_tareef The 80 FX has greater control. It's softer sponge gives you slight more time on the ball. I personally found it to have a lot more control than the other Tenergy series. You can see we both have a lot of control in this review especially against spinny balls. We found the rubber to be less sensitive to spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
That is good advice from Tom there @amr_tareef The 80 FX has greater control. It's softer sponge gives you slight more time on the ball. I personally found it to have a lot more control than the other Tenergy series. You can see we both have a lot of control in this review especially against spinny balls. We found the rubber to be less sensitive to spin.

Thanks Dan ... I think I will give it a try

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Now that I have my Amicus robot and a spare couple of identical blades, I decided to put Tenergy 05-FX on one blade and Tenergy 80-FX on the other in order to test them back to back.

I dedicated some time to playing with both rubbers back to back and found it very interesting. Now that these rubbers are broken in, there are some very noticeable differences:

1.) 80-FX definitely has a lower throw which means that the ball comes off flatter and doesn't kick up from the stroke. Whilst this is very good for blocking the ball on the forehand, it requires a slight change in angle when contacting the ball on loops. You might say it has more of dead feel to it compared to 05-FX and is probably why Butterfly say it has better control.

2.) The higher throw of 05-FX makes it feel easier to drive the ball across the table. I get a nice arc on the ball without having to really do much. This makes 05-FX generally feel easier to knock the ball around the table. However the trade-off is that it's harder to block the ball against top-spin and it’s more bouncy when playing short pushes. However, whilst it felt better upon contact, I was actually getting more balls on the table with 80-FX. Many of my 05-FX shots were going long off the table!

Overall I still feel more comfortable with 05-FX but only because it feels familiar. I need more practice with 80-FX, but long term, I think it'll be the better rubber for my game primarily because I play closer to the table where the increased control in the short game should benefit me.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Now that I have my Amicus robot and a spare couple of identical blades, I decided to put Tenergy 05-FX on one blade and Tenergy 80-FX on the other in order to test them back to back.

I dedicated some time to playing with both rubbers back to back and found it very interesting. Now that these rubbers are broken in, there are some very noticeable differences:

1.) 80-FX definitely has a lower throw which means that the ball comes off flatter and doesn't kick up from the stroke. Whilst this is very good for blocking the ball on the forehand, it requires a slight change in angle when contacting the ball on loops. You might say it has more of dead feel to it compared to 05-FX and is probably why Butterfly say it has better control.

2.) The higher throw of 05-FX makes it feel easier to drive the ball across the table. I get a nice arc on the ball without having to really do much. This makes 05-FX generally feel easier to knock the ball around the table. However the trade-off is that it's harder to block the ball against top-spin and it’s more bouncy when playing short pushes. However, whilst it felt better upon contact, I was actually getting more balls on the table with 80-FX. Many of my 05-FX shots were going long off the table!

Overall I still feel more comfortable with 05-FX but only because it feels familiar. I need more practice with 80-FX, but long term, I think it'll be the better rubber for my game primarily because I play closer to the table where the increased control in the short game should benefit me.
its cool..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Hi

Can anyone give me a comparison after testing Tenergy 80-fx vs Tenergy 05-fx in those aspects :

- Opening loop ( topspin ) from the serve or from the table edge .

- loops in the mid distance.

- loops from far from table.

- Execute short spiny serves.

And finally if you are a two wings offensive player ... Are you prefers 80-fx for both sides or what ?

Thanks in advance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Hi

Can anyone give me a comparison after testing Tenergy 80-fx vs Tenergy 05-fx in those aspects :

- Opening loop ( topspin ) from the serve or from the table edge .

- loops in the mid distance.

- loops from far from table.

- Execute short spiny serves.

And finally if you are a two wings offensive player ... Are you prefers 80-fx for both sides or what ?

Thanks in advance.

I have not used the T80 FX but I did try it.

It is a different type of spin than 05 FX. It has more dwell I think but I didn't try for a long time. So 80 FX has more potential but less spin off the bat.

I thought it was better closer but maybe not. It felt like there was not enough power away from the table as the 80 (not 05 FX). It has a significantly lower throw.

That's all i can say off your list

Reactions: amr_tareef
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
When you hit the ball with 05 FX it springs up and arcs back onto the table whereas when you do the same with 80fx it comes of lower and flatter.

80 FX feels less mushy as well and more positive when directing the ball to a specific position on the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Just finished my new setup

I will but Tenergy 80-fx under test
ytazuqug.jpg

says [IMG]
Can anyone compare this to the Andro Rasant Grip or powergrip, or the Stiga airoc m and s? I feel it's odd that the rubbers in response to the new blade are all designed to be more spinny except t80 fx. I doubt it's a response.

I am pretty interested in this as well. Perhaps some thoughts from those who played with these rubbers?
Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
I am pretty interested in this as well. Perhaps some thoughts from those who played with these rubbers?
Thanks.

After around one month of playing with Tenergy 80-fx after 2 years of Tenergy 05-fx ,

I found that this rubber is just amazing :

- firstly you will had some problems in with its low throw angle.

- after adjusting the new timing and make a strong brush contact , you will be amazed with its spin quality and will transfer the lower throw angel into a powerful weapon ( deadly spins which cannot return easily.

- the blocking is just wooooow .... You will be able to block with faster and lower return balls that will make your opponent have many problems against it.

- also you will find it more controlled specially in targeting the ball.

- the short strokes will be more better and lower.

- finally the nullifying a spiny serves is a breeze.

Reactions: Dan