WTTC Competition

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
The stamps of the world champions on table tennis---Wang Hao

Chinese National Table Tennis Training Center (CNTTTC), it’s a center that nurtures young talent specifically in table tennis to become great in this sport. If you have talent in ping pong or you love to play it, I take this opportunity to welcome you to join Chinese national table tennis training center.

Our mission is to create an environment that provides you the opportunity to participate in the sport of table tennis, encourages, personal achievement, allows one to seek skills through friendly competition and fosters the spirit of friendship, sportsmanship and community. We welcome all table tennis players from all over the world no matter you are professional or amateur player to the Chinese National Table Tennis Training Center to drop by and pay a visit to us.

The center has been actively involved in promoting the sport of table tennis continuously all over the world, why not have a look and see what we offer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
"How would you make the sport of Table Tennis more media friendly and exciting to the public"
I´d say its getting more exciting in the tv when the camera is not right behind the table. it would be better when its on the right corner behind both players. the game is getting faster for the tv and there is more action. also in germany there is the problem that tabletennis isn´t shown on tv to much, there is like 1 video per month. so if they show more tabletennis on tv it would be also more media friendly for the tabletennis fans. i hope that this will change in the future.
also trying to get youngsters to this sport would change very much in future, especially in amerika. this youngsters must get more and more just like it is with football. just look at china. there are like 50 yougnsters in 1 hall. its just amazing.
thats whats i think...

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Hi there!

Any news on the prize draw?

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Take it easy chaps. I'm sure Dan and the team are doing their best to get it done quickly. I've read all the posts, and I have to say they have a massive task selecting the winner, coz most of them were very good.
So I think it's best if we just be patient. Anyway, what do we have to lose, we certainly didn't to pay for the entry, and all the posts do make excellent reading materials.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2010
Ok after Table Tennis Daily and Table Tennis Talk have looked at the posts we came up with the final 5 for each forum , which were:

TTD:
scylla24
TToski
Carl Horowitz
lgreggs
bollforte94

TTT:
Hellraiser
Harry Belafonte
Concretepong
Rathbeinfreo
TheMoose

There are some outstanding posts including Concretepong and Ratherbeinfreo and others so we decided to draw from the ten and the winner was drawn out of the hat by myself and Dan (TTD) .............. TheMoose was winner.

It must be said that the most common idea and certainly the way forward to promote the Sport of Table Tennis is to use the media in every form possible but as ever this relies on everyone who is involved in the process to make some effort to do so. This has to include players, coaches, and of course the major strength the ETTA

Projects such as the one below are to be looked at and some of the comments reflect opinions.........

ETTA Article:

More people are playing table tennis and they are doing so on a regular basis according to the latest results from Sport England’s Active Peoples Survey which show strong levels of increase over the past 2 quarters.[/h]The results gathered from the last 12 rolling months (to April 2011) show an increase of 39,200 (0.27%) playing at least once a week for 30 minutes or more and an increase of 54,600 playing once a month when compared to the 2007/8 bench mark survey (Active Peoples Survey 2).

As a sport, table tennis has become well known for its raft of participation schemes, including Ping! which had over 50,000 members of the public playing table tennis on 100 free to use tables in and around London last summer. The Ping! effect has seen many continue to play in the capital with both London and the south east showing particularly strong growth.

Ping! is set to continue in 2011 as it ventures to Birmingham and Hull from 4[SUP]th[/SUP] July to 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] August, for more information log on to pingengland.co.uk.

Comments on this post

Is an increase of 0.27% really something to be proud of? When we are still behind sports such as Boxing, Mountineering and Snowsports, we really should have higher targets.
posted 17.06.11 by Robin
--------------------------------------------------------------
Very good for the promotion of table tennis.To have many tables in parks and open spaces is good idea to encourage youngsters who then may join their local clubs for coaching. This has also caught on in the USA in many cities.
Barry Meisel Table Tennis Facebook
posted 18.06.11 by Barry Meisel
Yes, it’s good to hear that this beautiful sport is getting known more and more!
posted 18.06.11 by Leon - Magician
Any increase is to be welcomed… participation is good .. though there are other issues such as venue sustainability.. league increase .. various areas should report direct.. on what they are doing to increase numbers playing the sport.. such as TAKE PART FESTIVALS.. or non-standard junior leagues etc..( like the BRIGHTON JUNIOR LEAGUE or SUSSEX TABLE TENNIS CIRCUIT ETC)
posted 18.06.11 by Ade Akinboyewa

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Hi folks ,

in my opinion

1. Personalities, attract viewers. Focus photography on the fist pumping and the dynamic shots .
2 if you ask a non player what they like its always attack versus lob . Teevise the attackers

btw does anyone know in which city the china open will be held this year as i want to see it but it doesnt name the location on ittf?

All the best

Jules