going to china for 2 months training 18y/o by my self

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
thanks what youve said is very encouraging i play in sheffield ive done most the GP circuit this year

R ok so do u ever play against will bayley? Are you playing london gp this wekend if so what bands r u playing?

For the amount of foreign players...I was there in september to october time and was very humid so I would get used to training in the heat when I was there there were about 4 thailand/malaysian players and also the world no 7 chinese women from spain was there too so that was col

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
thanks what youve said is very encouraging i play in sheffield ive done most the GP circuit this year

R ok so do u ever play against will bayley? Are you playing london gp this wekend if so what bands r u playing?

For the amount of foreign players...I was there in september to october time and was very humid so I would get used to training in the heat when I was there there were about 4 thailand/malaysian players and also the world no 7 chinese women from spain was there too so that was col

This user has no status.

No I'm not playing London GP got my A-levels I've been told by the centre there are Italians french Denmark and Swedish people there at the same time as me

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
does anyone have tips on getting sponsorship for rubbers and cloths before i go it looks like being pretty expensive for what im going to need :(

Clothes and rubber should be the cheapest thing for your entire trip.
If you can finance that trip, how come you can't finance clothing and rubbers?

This user has no status.
Clothes and rubber should be the cheapest thing for your entire trip.
If you can finance that trip, how come you can't finance clothing and rubbers?

It's not that I cannot afford them its just money I do have is limited and I do want some left for when I am there and the rest of my life for 3 pairs of rubbers its >£200 I can't justify spending that much on rubbers and may end up just going with my current stuff with maybe one new set of rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It's not that I cannot afford them its just money I do have is limited and I do want some left for when I am there and the rest of my life for 3 pairs of rubbers its >£200 I can't justify spending that much on rubbers and may end up just going with my current stuff with maybe one new set of rubbers

Then, you can cut your stay short for few days, that can get you rubbers and clothing easily.
12 weeks and 11 weeks shouldnt be too different

Other than that, find a part time job or something to save up for equipment.
Or get a short term loan from family or friends

Last edited:
Reactions: thethundertt
This user has no status.
Then, you can cut your stay short for few days, that can get you rubbers and clothing easily.
12 weeks and 11 weeks shouldnt be too different

Other than that, find a part time job or something to save up for equipment.
Or get a short term loan from family or friends
you're not really answering my question you are just thinking of other ways to get money, i have exams therefore work is out of the question and i'd rather not get into debt to any extent and with flights booked as well as the training cutting my trip short would be pointless.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
you're not really answering my question you are just thinking of other ways to get money, i have exams therefore work is out of the question and i'd rather not get into debt to any extent and with flights booked as well as the training cutting my trip short would be pointless.

If money is such an issue, then why are you training in China for 3 months?
12 weeks to 11 weeks won't become pointless...

So what do you want to hear from the forum? you know what, you can become a top level player before you leave and apply for sponsorship.
or become marketing material/quality, so you are able to provide return on investments to who ever can sponsor you.
I don't think asking around on the forum will help, unless you are hoping some one will donate to you?

Few rubbers and clothes is really little, rather ask family and friends to support you.
Or go and speak to your local TT shops and see if you are worthy for sponsorship.
Ask your local companies to sponsor you

But to me honest, its so little money
I would rather get people to cover the 3 month training fee, than just a few rubbers.

PS I come from a background which includes getting 11 players sponsored and included sponsoring a South African band called Parotones for 2 years - that was a multimillion rand (south african rand) investment.
So, from the previous post, I have already answered you question, think out side the box

Last edited:
This user has no status.
If money is such an issue, then why are you training in China for 3 months?
12 weeks to 11 weeks won't become pointless...

So what do you want to hear from the forum? you know what, you can become a top level player before you leave and apply for sponsorship.
or become marketing material/quality, so you are able to provide return on investments to who ever can sponsor you.
I don't think asking around on the forum will help, unless you are hoping some one will donate to you?

Few rubbers and clothes is really little, rather ask family and friends to support you.
Or go and speak to your local TT shops and see if you are worthy for sponsorship.
Ask your local companies to sponsor you

But to me honest, its so little money
I would rather get people to cover the 3 month training fee, than just a few rubbers.

PS I come from a background which includes getting 11 players sponsored and included sponsoring a South African band called Parotones for 2 years - that was a multimillion rand (south african rand) investment.
So, from the previous post, I have already answered you question, think out side the box
thanks i understand that. i am in communication with a few tt shops they just take time to reply to e-mails. i don't know what the player sponsorship is like in South Africa but when i'm playing in the tournaments around the UK alot of players have sponsors names on their backs i would go as far to say 1/3 at the top competitions. i was asking the forum if they had any tips in getting the 50% to 100% sponsorship that these players have. if it is because of a future investment that you said in your previous post or by the people you know or purely by ranking i would like the forum to let me know. If there is anyone that has been involved or is involved in how they select their players they could perhaps tell me and i would know if i am likely to by eligible or why i wouldn't be.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Learn Chinese, I got sponsored because I learned Korean and was active on many forums. (and already tested many equipment on forums)

I would wager that there are very few decent level city players as foreigners who speak very good Chinese and are active on worldwide TT froums. maybe you could link up with foreigners there and group together and make a squad for the GLORY of it all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Just arrived in china so far centre has been helpful in arranging my pick up from the train station on Wednesday looking forward to the training :)

Thats great

Did you go by normal train or bullet train?
I guest you found the airport to train station transfer easy then?

And at least we know, you have internet lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm in Beijing at the moment in hotel got the bullet train on Wednesday morning. So many outside tables to play on and I've not seen any not being used mainly by older men I imagine the good youngsters play at the sports centres and schools.

oh boy....
How is the air though?
and how is the natural steamer?
Not nice to be in Beijing in the peak of summer

any plans for today (Tuesday)?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The air looks bad but doesn't feel it. And the heat is a nice change from constant rain and cold of England just been shopping today the heat makes me tired.
Have an amazing time in China! Looking forward to pics and videos of your stay :) Train hard.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk