going to china for 2 months training 18y/o by my self

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Wow that is awesome! So you can say you trained at the same school as Ma Long and Ding Ning did :)

Well, to be more precise.
Zheng Ding is the most used national table tennis base (if I recall correctly).

It has been used nearly 30 times in the past 20 years for the A team alone.

Other than that, ML and DN did not grow up in that base, but as a participant there, you are basically sharing the same rooms, tables, chopsticks etc used by current and past Chinese greats!
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan and TTHopeful
This user has no status.
There are no Chinese nationals training with us at the moment apart from the disabled (one armed) players who still happen to be pretty good the best players here at the moment are probable Puerto Rican jnr world 24 Brian affandor and the best Chinese player is the number 4 of the Provence and plays in the 2nd division of the Chinese super league

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
There are no Chinese nationals training with us at the moment apart from the disabled (one armed) players who still happen to be pretty good the best players here at the moment are probable Puerto Rican jnr world 24 Brian affandor and the best Chinese player is the number 4 of the Provence and plays in the 2nd division of the Chinese super league
How are you coping with the training?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Yes, tell us all more, lots more about your great trip and your training.
What exactly is different about the training ? Is it just the quantity, or are they getting you to completely change any aspects of your strokes?
Have you been told things that western coaches never teach?

This user has no status.
Yes, tell us all more, lots more about your great trip and your training.
What exactly is different about the training ? Is it just the quantity, or are they getting you to completely change any aspects of your strokes?
Have you been told things that western coaches never teach?
The morning is multi ball very high intensity forehand based movement usually. After the break at 10am its more open sometimes the coach says what to do other times you decide. In the afternoon we to move conventional exercises still largely based on forehand the fist one is usually 20 min of topspin drive from back hand 2/3 of the table after the break in the afternoon its usually matches there's a mini tournament every Friday afternoon.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Well, to be more precise.
Zheng Ding is the most used national table tennis base (if I recall correctly).

It has been used nearly 30 times in the past 20 years for the A team alone.

Other than that, ML and DN did not grow up in that base, but as a participant there, you are basically sharing the same rooms, tables, chopsticks etc used by current and past Chinese greats!
:)

Thanks Tony!

That is great, I need to visit Zheng Ding one day! It must produce players like a factory :D

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
What rubbers are the players generally playing with. I remember @Tom saying when he visited China players were using anything they could get their hands on. He said they could play great with anything and some players were still using speed glue :)

This user has no status.
What rubbers are the players generally playing with. I remember @Tom saying when he visited China players were using anything they could get their hands on. He said they could play great with anything and some players were still using speed glue :)
I think the rubbers often depends on what they can afford but from the players I train with they are keen on tenergy 05 hurricain 2 and xiom Asia

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I think the rubbers often depends on what they can afford but from the players I train with they are keen on tenergy 05 hurricain 2 and xiom Asia

Yeah that's true, okay cool thanks!

Hope your enjoying it out there. If you can post some pictures that would be great, I would like to see what the place is like.

This user has no status.
Chinese national junior team has arrived to train they are good to watch but have made us change the times that we train we now train at 12:30 and 18:30 instead of 8:30 and 14:30

Good luck on your training and train hard! That is one rare opportunity for most of players. If I had funds I would also like to go there to train and meet new friends. What is your equipment by the way?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Good luck on your training and train hard! That is one rare opportunity for most of players. If I had funds I would also like to go there to train and meet new friends. What is your equipment by the way?

I have started playing with xiom stuff with ignito blade and Vega pro fh and elite bh having gained some sponsorship but not too pleased with it atm

This user has no status.
I have started playing with xiom stuff with ignito blade and Vega pro fh and elite bh having gained some sponsorship but not too pleased with it atm

Ooh. My first composite blade was Ignito. It was good for me, but lacked speed IMO. But it is very nice. I think those rubbers you paired it were also slow.

This user has no status.
Ooh. My first composite blade was Ignito. It was good for me, but lacked speed IMO. But it is very nice. I think those rubbers you paired it were also slow.

The rubbers are worn already on both bats so may buy some new ones for rest of trip I'm thinking tenergy 05 is safe bet for fh and maybe tenergy 80 for BH any other suggestions would be welcome it won't take long to get used to seen as I'm playing 6 hours a day

This user has no status.
The rubbers are worn already on both bats so may buy some new ones for rest of trip I'm thinking tenergy 05 is safe bet for fh and maybe tenergy 80 for BH any other suggestions would be welcome it won't take long to get used to seen as I'm playing 6 hours a day

Tenergy 05 is a very good FH rubber. And with your training I bet you will utilize its full potential in just a short time. Also, I would recommend Tenergy 25 although few people use it, it is a good rubber for attacking close to table, IMO it is like H2, low throw but deadly spin, just a hair less spinner than 05. I have personally tried both and liked 25 more. But 05 is a very safe bet for FH. For BH, I would recommend Baracuda. It is like a baby T05, it just lacks speed but is very good with BH. All were tested on TB ALC.

Reactions: thethundertt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
If you're going to China, get a tacky rubber... most chinese players prefer a tacky chinese rubber on the FH for spin. Their power comes from their technique or blade. For BH, go with anything that has a soft touch for blocks. And prepare to change your rubbers very often, they train 8 hours a day regularly. As a bonus, you might want to ask if you can get your hands on a DHS Hurricane 3 National version rubber. :D