going to china for 2 months training 18y/o by my self

This user has no status.
Actually their power, like everybody's power comes from the quantity and quality of their training. Obviously there are setups which you can find more confortable with buy imho when you get used to tensor rubbers after many years it's very difficult to get used to a tacky rubber (personal experience, I haven't even played that much time, but I found H3 orange sponge really unplayable, a chopping rubber would have been faster).

This user has no status.
Also, Chinese usually starts young with Chinese rubbers si they are tuned to tacky rubbers at a very early time. So you should just stick to what your coach tells you and what you are comfortable with. I agree with elrigo that the quantity and quality of training is what sets them apart.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Actually their power, like everybody's power comes from the quantity and quality of their training. Obviously there are setups which you can find more confortable with buy imho when you get used to tensor rubbers after many years it's very difficult to get used to a tacky rubber (personal experience, I haven't even played that much time, but I found H3 orange sponge really unplayable, a chopping rubber would have been faster).

Agreed. The #19 sponged version of H3 was so disappointing slow I assigned it a negative value and called it a black hole of a rubber. Only BTY Super Anti had such a dead sponge as #19 sponge. The stock sponge of H3 NEO was still decent enough after tuning effect wore off and the rubber broken in, even a few years later it serves it purpose. I will never again get #19 sponge ever. I think both Sriver FX and Tackiness Drive were WAY faster.

I dislike over-tackiness. If I use a tacky Chinese rubber, I wear off the tack as soon as I can to make it only mildly tacky. That seems to make the whole thing play better when it uses a serviceable sponge.

This user has no status.
Reached my 1/2 way point now, 1 month down 1 to go. I am confident that I have improved already and now. I have my new racket I feel that the next month will give me more benefits as I am comfortable with the training and food and when I should rest. I hope I can beat more then 7 Chinese players this month which would be an increase on last month.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Reached my 1/2 way point now, 1 month down 1 to go. I am confident that I have improved already and now. I have my new racket I feel that the next month will give me more benefits as I am comfortable with the training and food and when I should rest. I hope I can beat more then 7 Chinese players this month which would be an increase on last month.

Wow your there for 2 months? That's a fantastic effort! I am sure you are improving so much! It's like your going into some sort of time continuum. Training there for 2 months in China is equivalent to 2 years at home :)

Xu xin is here training at the moment as well as french team as well don't know how long they will stay for

Xu Xin is there? That is cool! The French team, is that the first team? It's good to see they train with China pro's like Xu Xin.

This user has no status.

What rubbers and blade are you using?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Regarding rubbers and blades, I'd say around 50% of the resident players has Viscaria and 98% has Hurricane 3. Most have Tenergy on BH but a few has Xiom as well.

What would you say is the average age of the players there, or maybe put specific % to the different age groups
And how many people is there now

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
What is the everyday schedule they have?

This user has no status.
Right now the sessions are as follows due to the amount of people at the base
08:30 - 11:30
12:30 - 14:30 (reserved for the best players)
14:45 - 17:00
18:30 - 20:30 (reserved for the best players)

No practice on the Sundays I've been here.

The CNT together with the French national team practice different hours in the main hall.

This user has no status.
I don't really know the age groups, some are perhaps 13 and some are 19 to 20 years old. But we don't see all the players all the time. Some new people (perhaps the second national team) was playing against the French guys. Regardless, the westerners are not winning many matches around here :eek:

Reactions: thethundertt
This user has no status.
Wow your there for 2 months? That's a fantastic effort! I am sure you are improving so much! It's like your going into some sort of time continuum. Training there for 2 months in China is equivalent to 2 years at home :)

Xu Xin is there? That is cool! The French team, is that the first team? It's good to see they train with China pro's like Xu Xin.
Almost done now. got another 10 days of training body is truly knackered taking more and more rests now still training >25 hours a week and the french squad excluding a couple of the biggest names still all top 200 players.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
I think it will be great but when you come back you will be very tired and after two weeks you will be able to play your best tt
I have a tournament the day after I arrive back in London not expecting to be at my best at all will be interesting to see how long it takes me to adapt back to English TT.

This user has no status.
Last day training tomorrow, been here long time feels like forever since I was in England. Took a lot of planning and preparation but despite the heavy doubts of myself and others whether I could manage here I have made it through. I feel I have improved significantly by managing to compete more and more with the Chinese players, have to see how much difference there is in my game in UK as the styles vary greatly. I have met many people from each corner of the globe, some who I intend in staying in contact with.
I would recommend the zhengding training base to any player of all levels that wants to improve there game. The coaches aren't always the most helpful but if you want help they will provide it also the site food is very repetitive and awful but you get used to it.