Wang Liqin blade change?!

This user has no status.
Has Wang Li Qin changed his blade to a Stiga Rosewood NCT?

Look at 0.14 seconds...

Heres an image of the Stiga Rosewoos NCT
SSRO5-Large.jpg

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This blade is supposed to have a really big sweet spot, not like wang liqin needs it tho :p

haha tell me about it! What a beat Wang Liqin is... He is still in world class shape and there is no reason why he ant win the WTTC 2011!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
There is some interview on China national team before the Rotterdam trial begins early this year. Both coach and players did talk about if they keep using the same paddle, rubber over and over again. The opponent will understand more about their strength and weakness. This will become a fatal issue for them especially in the incoming WTTC. Some of them decide to change the rubber, blade or style of playing to surprise the opponent. I remember they just talk about Xu Xin decided to change both side of rubber, which give him a totally different kind of feeling than the previous one. I'm believe that's part of the reason he able to win the pro tour for twice early this year.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
IMO Wang Liqin are trying to find a fast blade without composit one, fast all wood blade with medium-hard feel (like Offensive CR and Hurricane King) he had played with composite blades withot sucess.
I dont know why he dont try to play with 7 plywood, i think is about the weight but.
Hope that he find a good blade for him before de world champ.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I don't think its so much that the Chinese players are experimenting with blades regularly, or that they do it to get an advantage on other players. Frankly they already beat players without resorting to that tactic, and that tactic can also backfire, because your own game can be negatively affected by the change in equipment.

I think WLQ has been changing his blades more so in the past 2-3 years because he is forced to do so and adjust his game as both the level of game has changed, and his own reaction rate, and skills have diminished slightly. He can no longer use the type of paddle that was great for his original power game, so he must try out new paddles and setups to see one that is good for his talents now as an older player.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I dont think that the chinese players change their forehand rubber, maybe the backhand rubber.
Scylla24 I think you're right. Besides a new blade can give you more or new motivation and the pro's has the possibilities to test all blades and rubbers. You would test everything too if you have the chance to do it :D

This user has no status.
S

This user has no status.
I find it intriguing that wlq changes his blade all the time, pros used to keep a same blade for all their career, at least until the glue ban came...
I think either
-he has not found a blade that suits him yet (I remember him trying stiva v1 carbo, nittaku ludeack, timo boll spirit, an unknown blade, rosewood)
-he has come to a point in his career where he doesn't care that much about titles and he has a misterious contract to promote different blades
-he's just an ej and is having fun :D

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I find it intriguing that wlq changes his blade all the time, pros used to keep a same blade for all their career, at least until the glue ban came...
I think either
-he has not found a blade that suits him yet (I remember him trying stiva v1 carbo, nittaku ludeack, timo boll spirit, an unknown blade, rosewood)
-he has come to a point in his career where he doesn't care that much about titles and he has a misterious contract to promote different blades
-he's just an ej and is having fun :D

I think the 2nd point is most likely to be the cause, but the 1st and the 3rd could be true though.
The best promotion strategy is to make a pro uses the product, i think.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
off topic: pause at 19-20 seconds, look at his chest and arm muscles, isnt he getting too muscular to play tabletennis?