DHS Hurricane 3-50 vs DHS Hurricane 3 NEO

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Which is better people-DHS hurricane 3-50 or Hurricane 3 Neo?

On Table tennis Database,someone said that the 3-50 is not durable at all and got damaged during its first play.
They also state that the Neo is very good and durable

I would really value your honest opinions

thanks

Amamdey

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I only had 2 training sessions with this rubber but i have an opinion. Its very different from neo, i would say its better for a close to the table play. Its better for blocking and counter top spins, worse for short game and killing shots. I'm gonna stick with it for a while because its easier to handle than neo and i haven't been training much so i need that extra control. Doesn't need booster which is a plus, altough i have put a thin layer. More of it would make the rubber too soft for the FH and doesn't bring much benefit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Only have it for a few days, so i can't comment on that. However the topsheet seems the same as neo so i guess the durability should be more or less the same.

Also, the third time playing with it, this time on a waldner senso carbon, it seems the rubber came alive. Much better performance than in the pg7. I agree with some reviews i read that said this rubber needs a composite blade in order to perform well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
It is all about what blade you're using. DHS Hurricane 3 NEO is best suit with ALL - OFF allwood 5 ply blade with a loop-oriented player. For example, Stiga Offensive Classic. Many chinese amateurs said this is what they call 'topspin machine' as the ability to generate spin is really strong. Me myself use a Yinhe MC2 (some say a clone of stiga's blade) with H3N is the best.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It is the same topsheet, just different sponge.
50 is a lot softer than your standard Neo sponge.

Regarding durablity - it all depends on how you take care of your equipment.
For me to break it with my first use, i'm sure user error will be 99% for that to happen.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I've used Neo before but by the looks of it 50 is softer. Softer sponge means slower speed but more spin so I guess it's a matter of preference.

This user has no status.
I've used Neo before but by the looks of it 50 is softer. Softer sponge means slower speed but more spin so I guess it's a matter of preference.

Yeah haha good one more spin than normal H3 or H3N. I tried H3.50 and its an average rubber for average players. Maybe a good backhand choice for people who want a sticky rubber on your backhand or something really slow and controlled on your forehand, but spin and speed of a boosted H3N, not even close.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
This is perhaps not the most relevant reply but anyway I have been trying Hurricane 3-50 on all wood blade, OSP Virtuoso + and for RPB techniques it feels great to me (hit, block, punch, loop, banana flick). I do boost the rubber with 2 thin layers of Falco Booster though. I understand that Xu Xin uses this except with a National version of the Hurricane 3-50. Great feel, with perfect spin and speed for BH. I find it not fast enough and a bit soft for FH

This user has no status.
I have been using DHS H3-50 for my FH and BH in the last 6 months using TB ALC and M.Maze ALC. I prefer 3-50 than TG H3 Neo or Skyline 2 TG Neo and 3 TG Neo.. Which I used them previously.

Worked well in my serves, flick, block, push, drive loop. Although several kinds of them worked well with other rubbers which I mentioned before. Such as, my serves and push worked best using Skyline TG3 Neo on FH, my block, punch flick best on Skyline 2TG Neo on BH.. Quick FH loop and smash with H3 TG Neo..

Got more spin and control with TB ALC and more speed with M.Maze when I m using 3-50 with both blades (my opinion and William my training playing partner)

I personally love 3-50, because it fits my strokes, made me won most games against William and others than I used to since I have been using 3-50. I like the tackiness, and the elasticity of the sponge.. Got a balance in my speed and control of the game, when I play slower, or faster the tempo of the game. I can play hard effort medium and soft..

The weight for using them both FH BH on a 80gr TB ALC is better than 90gr Maze. Skyline 2 on BH will add more weight if you want to.

Now I am using TB ZLC, with both 3-50. Work best for me now. Good weight, since TB ZLC is quite light, bouncy and fast. My BH and FH flicks works better. Good blocks. Got the balance of my speed and spin in my FH loops during open up against back spin, counter looping, loop against blocks.. My backspin push, smashes and FH loops are sharper than before (according to my dad, I usually got 1-3 or 1-4 against him, last time I lost 3-4, scored 9-11 in the 7th set.) (according to William too. In a day we played 3 to 4 matches of best of 5 sets against each other. I used to win 2-1, or lost 1-2. In November I lost a lot since he uses Amultart with T80 and T05 1-3, 0-3. He dominated the matches. But since I ve been using ZLC in December, I lost 1-3, then I won the matches 3-1, 2-1 and the last time 4-0.

Overall, 3-50 works well for me with my TB ZLC. I m not a pro, just happy to play table tennis for 15 years.. Those are my personal review, hopefully it helps

Last edited:
Reactions: duan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
I have been using DHS H3-50 for my FH and BH in the last 6 months using TB ALC and M.Maze ALC. I prefer 3-50 than TG H3 Neo or Skyline 2 TG Neo and 3 TG Neo.. Which I used them previously.

Worked well in my serves, flick, block, push, drive loop. Although several kinds of them worked well with other rubbers which I mentioned before. Such as, my serves and push worked best using Skyline TG3 Neo on FH, my block, punch flick best on Skyline 2TG Neo on BH.. Quick FH loop and smash with H3 TG Neo..

Got more spin and control with TB ALC and more speed with M.Maze when I m using 3-50 with both blades (my opinion and William my training playing partner)

I personally love 3-50, because it fits my strokes, made me won most games against William and others than I used to since I have been using 3-50. I like the tackiness, and the elasticity of the sponge.. Got a balance in my speed and control of the game, when I play slower, or faster the tempo of the game. I can play hard effort medium and soft..

The weight for using them both FH BH on a 80gr TB ALC is better than 90gr Maze. Skyline 2 on BH will add more weight if you want to.

Now I am using TB ZLC, with both 3-50. Work best for me now. Good weight, since TB ZLC is quite light, bouncy and fast. My BH and FH flicks works better. Good blocks. Got the balance of my speed and spin in my FH loops during open up against back spin, counter looping, loop against blocks.. My backspin push, smashes and FH loops are sharper than before (according to my dad, I usually got 1-3 or 1-4 against him, last time I lost 3-4, scored 9-11 in the 7th set.) (according to William too. In a day we played 3 to 4 matches of best of 5 sets against each other. I used to win 2-1, or lost 1-2. In November I lost a lot since he uses Amultart with T80 and T05 1-3, 0-3. He dominated the matches. But since I ve been using ZLC in December, I lost 1-3, then I won the matches 3-1, 2-1 and the last time 4-0.

Overall, 3-50 works well for me with my TB ZLC. I m not a pro, just happy to play table tennis for 15 years.. Those are my personal review, hopefully it helps
[emoji106]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Get rid of both of them and go for hurricane 8... The topsheet is more elastic and far more better.... I get rid of h3-50 after a week ....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Get rid of both of them and go for hurricane 8... The topsheet is more elastic and far more better.... I get rid of h3-50 after a week ....

Hi Bobpuls, yeah I have been thinking Hurricane 8 or skyline 3-60 for the next rubbers I will buy.. Should I go for H8 than Sky 360?

The topsheet of my 3-50 are still ok, since I play only 3-5 times a week, 3-5 matches per play..

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I was ordering the skyline 3-60 to give it a try but they screw it up and give me the h3-50 so i newer try skyline 3-60 or the skyline 3 instead ... So i can nor compare... But i have tried tg 2 which was much better for me then h3. But still the topsheet is to hard compared to h8.... H8 has a slightly softer sponge but more elastic topsheet which makes it more confortable to play with