How did you begin playing table tennis?

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
My father always loved table tennis but he didn't have posibility to play and to practice as a kid because the club was too far and his Mom didn't let him.
When he finshed his college, he started to work as Conditional coach in the club, and he was even coaching Zoran Primorac who is from my club for some time. (My dad is 54)
When I was 3, my Dad took me once to the playing hall and there was one old coach who is not live anymore, and he told me when you start with school, come here and start with Training.
I couldn't forget that words, and I did so :)
When I started playing Andrej Gacina was still playing for my club, and yes he is also from my town and he started in the same club hehe

Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
My father always loved table tennis but he didn't have posibility to play and to practice as a kid because the club was too far and his Mom didn't let him.
When he finshed his college, he started to work as Conditional coach in the club, and he was even coaching Zoran Primorac who is from my club for some time. (My dad is 54)
When I was 3, my Dad took me once to the playing hall and there was one old coach who is not live anymore, and he told me when you start with school, come here and start with Training.
I couldn't forget that words, and I did so :)
When I started playing Andrej Gacina was still playing for my club, and yes he is also from my town and he started in the same club hehe

Wow that is impressive! Your dad sounds like a great coach and I expect he has made a great table tennis player out of his son :D

For me, I began playing table tennis when I was 10. I use to watch my dad for many years, from the age of 7 to 10 but I never played I just watched. But one day I tried it out and ever since I loved it! I remember playing in London ranking tournaments and I always wanted to get into the top 10 rankings.

From then on I just tried to play as much as I could. So I thank my dad for getting me into the best sport into the world :)

Reactions: MDanielCRO
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
I began playing when i first played with my brother. Before i didn't take table tennis seriously back then as i used to think "Table is not a sport". However, later on, i began playing with my uncle when he showed me his 100 dollar butterfly table tennis racket he played with. We used we play and he would teach my about spin. I soon bought a preassembled paddle from a sports store and bought a ping pong table to practice so that if i were to play my uncle again i would beat him. I then began watching professional ping pong matches, Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Jun Mizutani, Ma Long, and Etc. On Christmas i assembled my very first professional set and began playing. As of today, my brother is nothing compared to how i played back then and i see why Table Tennis is a sport.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I started late. Played tennis before but had to quit due to some injuries. Then my mom told me there was a club nearby and i started playing seriously at the age of 14. I played in the same club as Andre Silva and even got to play against Tiago Apolonia in a tournament. I recall great battles between Andre and Marcos Freitas from that time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
I used to play table tennis at a pool table top table at m grandparents house. For my 9th birthday, I went to Wang Chen's table tennis club, and then I started to take it seriously. Step one was starting to not call it ping pong ;) (I hate it when people say that now haha). I started with like an hour a week. Then I went to an unrated tournament and realized that there were kids my age much better than I was. From that moment on I started training as much as I could, and I still do. The only thing that gets in the way is my school. I'm obsessed! I thank my pool table and the people that beat me in my first tournament ;)

Feb 2013
Wow that is impressive! Your dad sounds like a great coach and I expect he has made a great table tennis player out of his son :D

For me, I began playing table tennis when I was 10. I use to watch my dad for many years, from the age of 7 to 10 but I never played I just watched. But one day I tried it out and ever since I loved it! I remember playing in London ranking tournaments and I always wanted to get into the top 10 rankings.

From then on I just tried to play as much as I could. So I thank my dad for getting me into the best sport into the world :)

Haha Dan my Dad is great coach but just for strength and condition, because he is profesor of fisical education, he doesn't know a lot about table tennis.

I am really sorry that I gave up from table tennis when I was 13 and then started over with 15 :( that really killed my chances to become a world class player, but I will still fight as much as I can :)

Your story is also very interesting, I hope one day we can also make a great players when we get sons, haha ;)

Last edited: