CNT Closed Training 2014 - Video

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Yeah, not just quantity (6 hours), but really quality ones too.
I don't think much countries train so intense, yet alone the amount of hours at that intensity level

Hi, the video plays till 33 seconds and resets to starting point. Is it just me facing this problem? Have you uploaded this video elsewhere? Is there any other link to view it?

Thank you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Thats wierd
Have you tried the Facebook link (orginal location of video) which is provided in the OP?

Yeah.. That's what I tried. Funny. It played alright now. Inspiring video! Thank you!

The players seem to train to exhaustion. Fan Zhendong and Xu Xin could hardly swing the blade. Is that how much they put in everyday? Won't that cause injuries?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yeah.. That's what I tried. Funny. It played alright now. Inspiring video! Thank you!

The players seem to train to exhaustion. Fan Zhendong and Xu Xin could hardly swing the blade. Is that how much they put in everyday? Won't that cause injuries?

Good that it is working for you now.

Yes, they normally train so intense from a young age, but not every day now as they play lots of matches in a year.
They normally have these intense camps twice a year, some times 3 times (40 days or +/- 40 days) at a time.

I think the previous one - winter camp was about 30 days only.

Then they also have military training - which is about 2 to 4 weeks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
beyond my imagination how they are training.how they are prepare for Rio 2016?Maybe more from this perhaps.

They normally have 2 to 3 of these 40 days closed session a year, as well an annual miltary camp for 2 to 4 weeks.
1 of the 40 days will be winter camp
1 will be training + trials
1 of the 40 days will be preparation for tournament (WTTC, WTTTC or OG etc)

Now the players will be heading back to the provinces/clubs to prepare for super league.
Will still gather for international world tours, but otherwise its the more "peaceful" season of the year now

Last edited:
Reactions: azlil
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Read 2 reviews
Tony,

I thought the closed door training are kept as CNT secret, no video at all?
Just to show the world how hard CNT players train?
I remembered, a Chinese coach mentioned thru media, during 08 OG,
after clean sweeps, asked top players interested, come to China and train with them.
CNT willing to share 70% of the secret with you but will keep 30% as safeguard.Right?

Just out of curiosity, what are the 30% secret that CNT not willing to share?
As a coach, you might know roughly the what is the secret.