CNT Closed Training 2014 - Video

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Tony,

I thought the closed door training are kept as CNT secret, no video at all?
Just to show the world how hard CNT players train?
I remembered, a Chinese coach mentioned thru media, during 08 OG,
after clean sweeps, asked top players interested, come to China and train with them.
CNT willing to share 70% of the secret with you but will keep 30% as safeguard.Right?

Just out of curiosity, what are the 30% secret that CNT not willing to share?
As a coach, you might know roughly the what is the secret.

Yes closed training is a secret, no videos at all :)
Its not a secret because of some special coaching or anything.
Its a secret for what they are working on, ie new technique or fixing weaknesses.
Its like you don't want to let your opponent study your new serves

There is no real secret in Chinese coaching, its the whole system that makes it so succesful and it is all well known to all other countries.
They just don't have the desire to duplicate or even better, do it better

Reactions: Alborz and ducksick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
When you are trained in china, there is a code of ethics and they strengthen your weakness..

Sent from my GT-I9100

This user has no status.
They are haveing so hard and long exercises with only forehand that they almost can't move any more, and they still have to play every ball. The only way to become champion :D no pain no gain

Agreed

Lots of people are always complaining that China always win everything. But if you look at how hard they practice they really deserve to win.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Do people still wonder why china dominates the table tennis world? I think with that kind of training anybody can make it to the top.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Do people still wonder why china dominates the table tennis world? I think with that kind of training anybody can make it to the top.

Yep, with that kind of training - anybody can make it to the top.
But then, not everybody goes through this kind of training, because of culture and structure issues.

In terms of culture issue, ie Western folks tend to spoil the kids more than Chinese ones.
Give you one real life example
Chinese kid - Coach shouted at kid for misbehaving. Mom saw this, called the kid over, and slap the kid on the face and shouts don't disobey the coach ever again.
Western kid - Coach shouted at kid for misbehaving. Mom comes over and shouts at the coach and wants to sue the coach.
Yes - I know a lot of you will say, this is human right, or what ever. So the weak parents must drop out they kids now.

But once we can filter out those types of parents, we still left with some fully commited parents and kids, the hours of hardship is another problem. Some countries will say - our kids can't take that much of hard work. They also need time to play, to do this, to do that.

Okay, so once we filter out and keep the ones that can take all the hardship, then we have a national structure issue - on how one can grow in the ranks and then have chance to play internationally. At this same stage/level the kid will also required to be in a improved environment for training. An environment that can weigh out academic and table tennis eveningly.

Next comes international travels, and lots of funding, sponsorships etc.

In otherwords, having a coach, training partners is the easy part.
Having a table tennis culture and table tennis structure is the near impossible task. Here I will link structure with funding.

The Chinese are willing to share everything - including paying the coaches to come and coach in all countries!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
But then, not everybody goes through this kind of training, because of culture and structure issues.

In terms of culture issue, ie Western folks tend to spoil the kids more than Chinese ones.
Chinese kid - Coach shouted at kid for misbehaving. Mom saw this, called the kid over, and slap the kid on the face and shouts don't disobey the coach ever again.
Western kid - Coach shouted at kid for misbehaving. Mom comes over and shouts at the coach and wants to sue the coach.
Yes - I know a lot of you will say, this is human right, or what ever. So the weak parents must drop out they kids now.

But once we can filter out those types of parents, we still left with some fully commited parents and kids, the hours of hardship is another problem. Some countries will say - our kids can't take that much of hard work. They also need time to play, to do this, to do that.

Okay, so once we filter out and keep the ones that can take all the hardship, then we have a national structure issue - on how one can grow in the ranks and then have chance to play internationally. At this same stage/level the kid will also required to be in a improved environment for training. An environment that can weigh out academic and table tennis eveningly.

Having a table tennis culture and table tennis structure is the near impossible task. Here I will link structure with funding.

The Chinese are willing to share everything - including paying the coaches to come and coach in all countries!

+100! Verywell said Tony.

Sent from my HTC One X+

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013

Hello, where you have found such information? Can you show the source? Because i am hesitating that it would be so easy. We call to China: "Hello, can you send a coach to Lithuania and pay for his all needs here?" I don't think so.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hello, where you have found such information? Can you show the source? Because i am hesitating that it would be so easy. We call to China: "Hello, can you send a coach to Lithuania and pay for his all needs here?" I don't think so.

Source - my ears and my eyes.

It is indeed easy, but now we are talking diplomatic relations.
It will be a relationship between the two governments and from so many incidents in the world - when the country has asked and China has provided.

There is two folds, one is private the other one is arranged by the Chinese gov, in this case i'm talking about arrangement of Chinese gov.

If your country wants a coach, then you guys should get your government officials and table tennis officials and meet with the Chinese ambassidor.

Some times I wonder, what is in it for the Chinese governement, as the exchange favours China less and the other country more

This user has no status.

I could not agree more and this is the main issue. It matters little how much china is forced to share this and that when our kids train so little compared to a chines kid. Western country's don't have the culture to train children like a pro from just a few years old and thus we have no chance in matching china in the number of top players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Most of the users here dont see the whole picture, for every successfull chinese athlete there are 100 or even more failures. Just because they win in competitions it does not necessarily mean that they have the best training system. Reaching the top is not about hard training only.

Chinese overtrain, they are winners yes no doubt about that but their way of dealing with sports is sometimes plain stupid. You dont need to train so hard and get injured just to learn a certain stroke or footwork pattern or anything else. In general, asians have more strict philosophy i

Table tennis is all about choosing the right shot at the right time that is the most difficult aspect of the sport. To execute the right shot you need to be in the right position (so you need footwork training, weight training and even whole body training to have perfect body balance to execute a shot with ease). So training is only needed to "force" your brain to learn proper footwork and stroke technique. Being lightning smart does not need hard training.

The human brain is also a muscle but in contrary with the body muscles its capabilities are almost endless, in fact humans through constant evolution much bigger heads and brains than their predecessors.

I see everybody missing the era sweden vs china but almost nobody wonders why sweden with MUCH LESS training managed to beat china several times (in 2000 the swedes had the following ages waldner 35, peter karlsson 31, persson 34)

In an interview boll stated that in a friendly chat with ma lin, ma told him that the maximum vacation he had in his professional career as a table tennis player was 2 days. Waldner at his last olympics was extremely slow yet he managed to beat an extremely fast boll and ma lin.

It was not because he was faster stronger or with better topspins/serves and pushes. He won because he was smarter calmer and believed deep inside he could do it. But even waldner had his demon called appelgren who beated him regularly in a very comfortable manner, appelgren was waldner's "mentor" in TT and in life so it was piece of cake for him to figure waldner out in TT, even when walnder was at his prime

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Most of the users here dont see the whole picture, for every successfull chinese athlete there are 100 or even more failures. Just because they win in competitions it does not necessarily mean that they have the best training system. Reaching the top is not about hard training only.

Chinese overtrain, they are winners yes no doubt about that but their way of dealing with sports is sometimes plain stupid. You dont need to train so hard and get injured just to learn a certain stroke or footwork pattern or anything else. In general, asians have more strict philosophy i

Table tennis is all about choosing the right shot at the right time that is the most difficult aspect of the sport. To execute the right shot you need to be in the right position (so you need footwork training, weight training and even whole body training to have perfect body balance to execute a shot with ease). So training is only needed to "force" your brain to learn proper footwork and stroke technique. Being lightning smart does not need hard training.

The human brain is also a muscle but in contrary with the body muscles its capabilities are almost endless, in fact humans through constant evolution much bigger heads and brains than their predecessors.

I see everybody missing the era sweden vs china but almost nobody wonders why sweden with MUCH LESS training managed to beat china several times (in 2000 the swedes had the following ages waldner 35, peter karlsson 31, persson 34)

In an interview boll stated that in a friendly chat with ma lin, ma told him that the maximum vacation he had in his professional career as a table tennis player was 2 days. Waldner at his last olympics was extremely slow yet he managed to beat an extremely fast boll and ma lin.

It was not because he was faster stronger or with better topspins/serves and pushes. He won because he was smarter calmer and believed deep inside he could do it. But even waldner had his demon called appelgren who beated him regularly in a very comfortable manner, appelgren was waldner's "mentor" in TT and in life so it was piece of cake for him to figure waldner out in TT, even when walnder was at his prime

I agree the Chinese training system is not the only one. There are pros and cons to everything, and currently the system is working for Chinese TT, it has for some time now, and seems to be for some more time in the future.
Hence I mention culture and structure too. As you can have any coaching/training system, but if you don't have a TT culture or structure, you will be heading no where.

But even the likes of Waldner and the Swedish greats are clueless on how to make TT better in Sweden. In fact TT is going backwards in many past great nations.

The reality is table tennis has evolved, it is no longer the same as in the days of the Swedes, besides rule change, equipment advancement, there is also technique improvements. TT has just become more and more difficult to master. The 11 point game makes it more difficult for the strong player to loose and the weaker player to win - just as an example.

Any ways, The Chinese system is currently one of the best. CCY for example is a clear result of Chinese system for a non Chinese citizen. If you don't know his history, i'm more than happy to share it.

For the world, you can learn from the Chines system, copy it, study it, master it, and do something better - to suite your own environement. But what ever you do, just do something.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Regarding TT structure,

Let me add one more thing.

Administrator make the program and ask the Coach to follow vs Coach makes the program and Administrator make arrangement so the program can be executed.

In lots of countries, your administrator (mostly never world level players/coaches) end up calling the shot
And that is a problem