DONIC WSC with Chinese rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Tenergy is on the heavy side. Not as heavy as H3 but still it is heavier than most rubbers. Xiom rubbers are pretty heavy too.

Sometimes when you have a light blade like that that has good touch they break easily. That does happen.

Ahh... how about an H3 Blue sponge on FH and Xiom Vega Eu on BH to a Donic WSC? will it break the blade easily?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
I am not yet familiar with donic WSC.... but.. in your words.. how would you give me a review about it?

It's a blade which with the right rubber combination can make shotmaking very easy. It produces good spring through the rubber which makes blocking easy as the ball projects out of the rubber very well. It is well balanced for a carbon blade, not too stiff or too fast like many carbon blades, so almost like the feeling of an allwood blade with a bit of extra speed. Perhaps visit tabletennisdb and check out some reviews there also :)

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Ask Matt Hetherington , he is a WSC lover. IMO I would not though. Because WSC is a very delicate and light blade which works well with lighter european rubbers. I would say its for you to try and find out if it suits you. Every body have their personal style and its very difficult to tell without trying.

My personal experience , I put tenergy 05 on it and the blade broke after a few months , the head just snapped from the handle and I did not buy another WSC since :)

Thanks for the shoutout there, quite right I'm a WSC lover haha I actually use Tenergy05 on both sides now and have never experienced any problems with the blade snapping, sounds like bad luck. In saying that the WSC is a head-heavy blade, the weight is distributed into the front of the blade and not the handle, which means it can become unbalanced if you put heavy rubbers on it. As I said I haven't experienced any problems as yet.

I started using the WSC towards the end of 2011 and have never even considered changing as I haven't found anything more suitable for me. It's got great feeling and has worked well with all the rubbers I have used, Nimbus Sound and Soft, Sinus Sound and Soft, Tibhar Rapid Dtecs and it's soft variant, Adidas P7 and Tenzone and now Tenergy05, oh and Acuda S1 turbo. So I can't fault it :p I haven't tried it with Chinese rubber though and not being a fan of hard tacky rubber I doubt I'll be giving it a go anytime soon :D

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Thanks for the shoutout there, quite right I'm a WSC lover haha I actually use Tenergy05 on both sides now and have never experienced any problems with the blade snapping, sounds like bad luck. In saying that the WSC is a head-heavy blade, the weight is distributed into the front of the blade and not the handle, which means it can become unbalanced if you put heavy rubbers on it. As I said I haven't experienced any problems as yet.

I started using the WSC towards the end of 2011 and have never even considered changing as I haven't found anything more suitable for me. It's got great feeling and has worked well with all the rubbers I have used, Nimbus Sound and Soft, Sinus Sound and Soft, Tibhar Rapid Dtecs and it's soft variant, Adidas P7 and Tenzone and now Tenergy05, oh and Acuda S1 turbo. So I can't fault it :p I haven't tried it with Chinese rubber though and not being a fan of hard tacky rubber I doubt I'll be giving it a go anytime soon :D

Ahh.. haha I was still undecided in what blade you I get.. but in what you just said about it.. I think I am convinced to buy Donic WSC blade.... And honestly.. at my first thought of planning to buy this is that I am a VERY VERY BIG FAN OF J.O. Waldner :DDD.. hahaha. Now, I have a reason to buy it and start loving it as I buuy and assemble it with my Rubbers.... :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
It's a blade which with the right rubber combination can make shotmaking very easy. It produces good spring through the rubber which makes blocking easy as the ball projects out of the rubber very well. It is well balanced for a carbon blade, not too stiff or too fast like many carbon blades, so almost like the feeling of an allwood blade with a bit of extra speed. Perhaps visit tabletennisdb and check out some reviews there also :)

Yep.. I've been active in tabletennisdb reading the Reviews about the blade.... :D.. starting to think to buy it because it's feeling is a little bit close to an allwood blade and it give's an extra amount of speed that I would be needing to have my topspins faster... Tnx :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ahh... how about an H3 Blue sponge on FH and Xiom Vega Eu on BH to a Donic WSC? will it break the blade easily?

I have no idea. But, some blades, especially when they weigh under 85 grams, can be very delicate. They might play very well, but if you play hard they may break easily. I really don't know about the Donic WSC. I have not used one. I know there are several blades I have seen start breaking at the juncture from the handle to the blade face. And that it did not happen because of stupid things like the racket being thrown or banging the racket. If you do dumb stuff like that you can break almost anything. But some blades do start to breaking without that kind of irresponsible treatment. I personally have never had a blade break but I take care of my equipment to the best of my abilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Viscaria! (I've recently changed to it from TB ALC) Haha

Honestly, buy the WSC blade. I think most of the advices forum members have given you is positive. :)
Good luck!

yeah.. haha.. honestly.. their answers gave me a very positive idea of the blade.. Also, they're advice's convince me on making up my mind on making it as my permanent blade :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I have no idea. But, some blades, especially when they weigh under 85 grams, can be very delicate. They might play very well, but if you play hard they may break easily. I really don't know about the Donic WSC. I have not used one. I know there are several blades I have seen start breaking at the juncture from the handle to the blade face. And that it did not happen because of stupid things like the racket being thrown or banging the racket. If you do dumb stuff like that you can break almost anything. But some blades do start to breaking without that kind of irresponsible treatment. I personally have never had a blade break but I take care of my equipment to the best of my abilities.

ahh... I'm also taking care of my equipment responsibly but I was wondering if the blade might be broken because of my setup.... without knowing the weight limitations of the blade according to its rubber.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
ahh... I'm also taking care of my equipment responsibly but I was wondering if the blade might be broken because of my setup.... without knowing the weight limitations of the blade according to its rubber.

I think you should be fine.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What do you mean? hehe... Is it that my setup would be fine? even though I will be setting it up with an H3 Blue Sponge on the FH ang xiom vega EU on the BH? :)

I mean that rubbers never are what cause a racket to break. The racket breaking part, hopefully that does not happen to you.