TT - Sport for outstanding personalities

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I don't say ZJK has the best personality because sometimes he just walk away out of the match and say he was injured. Or sometimes he don't try to win. Maybe because he thinks he has grand slam title so no need to try more. But this kind of attitude is lack of responsibility to the fans.

But Ma Long always try his best even if his opponent is WR100. He is a very great player but he stays on the ground. Also he never cho's to frustrate the opponent.
Timo Boll in the same way. He is also very fair.

So my choices are Ma Long and Timo Boll!

Last edited:
Reactions: akonebrahim
This user has no status.
1.15 - There is Bohumil Vožický against Niwa. I liked it, because Bohumil Vožický is my trainer in Prague team. As a trainer he is very good, and I like his trainings, as a player he is for me unbelivable, you know to see him playing I feel like I cannot play nothing - and yes when you compare it I cannot play nothing. Here is some match - he against Liam Pitchford: http://tv.ttbl.de/vs-ochsenhausen-muehlhausen-pitchford-vozicky

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I would say Timo Boll. He is a real sportman. Even wen he lost to Ma Lin 11-0 in the last set he could still shake hands and smile.

Definitely a very good sportsman.He respects everyone,gives them due credit when he loses and he doesnt pump his fists after every point like most other players.he doesnt cho too

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Timo Boll without a doubt. After every match he always smiles and acknowledges his opponent as they shake hands, unlike most of the chinese players, who simply high five their opponent or do a quick cursory handshake. Still I do like Ma Long, as previous people mentioned already he's very humble and admirable. Really showed his character when he took the time to play against Ibrahim Hamato in the recent WTTC. Both will always be my favorite players :D

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Definitely a very good sportsman.He respects everyone,gives them due credit when he loses and he doesnt pump his fists after every point like most other players.he doesnt cho too
Well he does cho during matches, but hes not doing it in an annoying way. I only know one player who never seems to make a noise when he makes a point; Koki Niwa

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I love Jean Michel Saive and Xu Xin, they always seem to have fun playing table tennis. I love Schlager for his style and Timo Boll for his sportsmanship.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
I think, it's easier for a non-chinese player (like Timo Boll or someone else) to "show good sportsmanship" (not choing, smile after a 11-0...) because you have much less pressure. If Timo Boll loses a match he can say he'll do better next time but in CNT if you lose against a non chinese player or to a lower ranked chinese player, this is very bad for your career. Young wolves wait impatiently. There must have so much pressure in the CNT !

That being said, like everybody said, Timo Boll has a great sportsmanship and Ma Long too.

Reactions: jley
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
the way it feels when u win after lots and lots and lots and lots of hard work that anyone can ever imagine........
that feeeeeling is awesome....... really reallly awesome !!!!