This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Because I'm upgrading to something harder and more high throw. Vega Elite is very soft and low throw that makes my game so unpredictable...

But if you don't like Vega Elite, if you think Vega Elite is unpredictable, why do you think you will like Vega Pro or Vega Japan?

Reactions: ttmonster
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Just try to keep an open mind when you're searching for your backhand rubber. If you try a few of your friends you might just stumble over the perfect one! :)

Xiom Vega, Rakza 7, Donic Barracuda are some good options! Andro Rasant, Butterfly Tenergy, Stiga Calibra and Donic Bluefire are some others, and there is probably a thousand more! Just keep an open mind, and keep searching until you feel your combo is perfect :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
But if you don't like Vega Elite, if you think Vega Elite is unpredictable, why do you think you will like Vega Pro or Vega Japan?
Firstly, Vega Elite is soft, and I'm using a flexible blade, it dwells too much and it is hard to play a powerful backhand shot.
Secondly, Vega Pro and Vega Japan are both rubbers that I found good review on backhand. Both are high throw so that flicks will be easier and faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Just try to keep an open mind when you're searching for your backhand rubber. If you try a few of your friends you might just stumble over the perfect one! :)

Xiom Vega, Rakza 7, Donic Barracuda are some good options! Andro Rasant, Butterfly Tenergy, Stiga Calibra and Donic Bluefire are some others, and there is probably a thousand more! Just keep an open mind, and keep searching until you feel your combo is perfect :)

Well, actually I've been looking into Rakza 7 too. I have no experience in Donic (except S3) and Andro (except Roxon). Butterfly Tenergy would be good but it is too expensive for a student.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Why does it has to be a Xion Vega rubber? I think the pro version will be too hard for you. Why dont you try Donic Baracuda? Meduim hardness has a load of spin and has high throw.
Because both rubbers are hard. As mentioned, I'm using a flexible blade, so the hardness of the rubber can compensate the flexiblity of the blade. It can also force the blade to 'sink in' more to generate more spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Maybe you want to wait for Stiga's Airoc There advertising makes it look really great.

Also consider ball change thats going to take place.

Then you might choose differently.

(I would suggest you wait for the new ball to come out,then read a helluva lot of reviews of people and what they suggest plays well with it and then choose.You might also look at the pros and see if they change their rubbers etc)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Maybe you want to wait for Stiga's Airoc There advertising makes it look really great.

Also consider ball change thats going to take place.

Then you might choose differently.

(I would suggest you wait for the new ball to come out,then read a helluva lot of reviews of people and what they suggest plays well with it and then choose.You might also look at the pros and see if they change their rubbers etc)
I've put that in list too. Ever heard of DHS Hurricane 8? That's what I'm going to use on the forehand in the future if the ball is going to change.
Pretty much addicted to Hurricanes on forehand lol

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, based on your answers, I will give you some information. I know a lot of people who like Vega Pro for their backhand and say it has a lot of control. I know other people who tried Vega Pro for backhand and said it is inconsistent and non-linear and they never knew where their shots were going to end up so they did not like it. Now, for someone who likes it, it may be a good backhand rubber. But, chances are, if you find Vega Elite inconsistent, then you may find the same and be annoyed by Vega Pro or Vega Japan.

Yes, Elite is SOFT. I actually don't know anyone who likes any of the Xiom rubbers that are Elite hardness and have heard several people, including people who like super soft rubbers, say that the Xiom Elite rubbers are not so good. That means Vega Elite, Omega IV Elite etc. There might be plenty of people who do like those rubbers in the Elite hardness, but I don't know any, and some of the people I talked to are pros who get Xiom rubbers straight from the distributor.

So, it may in fact be that the Elite hardness is the problem. But, it would be unfortunate if you are one of those people who is going to use Vega Pro or Vega Japan and think that it is inconsistent because it is not a good rubber for you. So you should just be aware that there are people who don't like Vega Pro and find it INCONSISTENT AND NON-LINEAR.

And when I asked why you were interested in those rubbers, I was wondering if it was just that you had read reviews or had actually tried them. If you said you had tried them, then it would tell me that you probably do like them and just can't decide which to get. But since it is based on reading reviews, I am not sure what to tell you. One person might try something and love it and another person gets the same thing because of the review and ends up really unhappy because the review made him think he would like something and he does not.

Therefore, when Anders tells you to keep an open mind and keep trying rubbers that friends have, he is giving you really good information.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anders
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
So, based on your answers, I will give you some information. I know a lot of people who like Vega Pro for their backhand and say it has a lot of control. I know other people who tried Vega Pro for backhand and said it is inconsistent and non-linear and they never knew where their shots were going to end up so they did not like it. Now, for someone who likes it, it may be a good backhand rubber. But, chances are, if you find Vega Elite inconsistent, then you may find the same and be annoyed by Vega Pro or Vega Japan.

Yes, Elite is SOFT. I actually don't know anyone who likes any of the Xiom rubbers that are Elite hardness and have heard several people, including people who like super soft rubbers, say that the Xiom Elite rubbers are not so good. That means Vega Elite, Omega IV Elite etc. There might be plenty of people who do like those rubbers in the Elite hardness, but I don't know any, and some of the people I talked to are pros who get Xiom rubbers straight from the distributor.

So, it may in fact be that the Elite hardness is the problem. But, it would be unfortunate if you are one of those people who is going to use Vega Pro or Vega Japan and think that it is inconsistent because it is not a good rubber for you. So you should just be aware that there are people who don't like Vega Pro and find it INCONSISTENT AND NON-LINEAR.

And when I asked why you were interested in those rubbers, I was wondering if it was just that you had read reviews or had actually tried them. If you said you had tried them, then it would tell me that you probably do like them and just can't decide which to get. But since it is based on reading reviews, I am not sure what to tell you. One person might try something and love it and another person gets the same thing because of the review and ends up really unhappy because the review made him think he would like something and he does not.

Therefore, when Anders tells you to keep an open mind and keep trying rubbers that friends have, he is giving you really good information.
I think I should borrow my friend's Vega Pro to decide....

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think I should borrow my friend's Vega Pro to decide....

That would help you a lot. Because it is a good rubber and a lot of people like it. But the people who don't describe why very similarly to why you did not like Vega Elite. Then you would know if you like the rubber for sure before you went and bought it. It is very reasonably priced and when it works for someone it is great. But it is worth trying it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
That would help you a lot. Because it is a good rubber and a lot of people like it. But the people who don't describe why very similarly to why you did not like Vega Elite. Then you would know if you like the rubber for sure before you went and bought it. It is very reasonably priced and when it works for someone it is great. But it is worth trying it.
One of my friend also told me that when he tried my Vega Elite, he felt like the rubber is hard to use

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Hello there, we usually use hard on fh so than when we giveout powerful spin it would go like a pounding hammer on your opponents blade, a medium hard rubber on bh to give us a balance control and spin and speed. Using a soft on bh will give you too much dwell, and difficult to control and it will be difficult for you when receiving tremendous amount of spin..and if you go mid distance counter on a soft it most of the time fall short when taking high spins. Using soft versions it learning skill on training is okay.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Last edited:
Reactions: XariuzCruz