Tell us what you want on Youtube and we'll give away a free sheet of rubber!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Hey guys,

Many of you may know me, but for those of you who don't I work at JOOLA USA, the North American distributor of JOOLA Germany. We are trying out new stuff on youtube and would like some feedback on what the youtube audience wants to see and any ideas on growing our subscriber base.

Granted we'd like to keep our focus on events or topics within North America, but if you have a great idea we'd more than appreciate the feedback.

I plan on doing many giveaway contests for just about anything we sell.

Let me know what you guys think and if you haven't yet please subscribe and share our youtube channel: www.youtube.com/joolausa

We'd like to get 100 new subscribers this month, so here's the deal if we can meet that goal we'll give away a random person within this thread a sheet of rubber free. I'd like to do monthly giveaways if the online community is active on our youtube channel.

Thanks,

Rich.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
currently, I'm in graduate school and lacking of time playing, so as more of a tt fan (rather than player), I am more concerned with watching.

I'd imagine the players- community to be interested in the equipment side of things as well, but I think for a channel (like stiga or your company to prosper. emphasis in key events and players will boost the views)

some random ideas:

(1) tribute video contests (!?): i think youtube still lacks a polished platform for tributes, people make good video here and there, but consistency is lacking. I think TT, given a sports with so many beautiful shots, should use tributes / even more evolved highlights to gain audience (beyond your company) in general. I don't know how, just a random thoughts, but if someone there is a tribute competition (I don't think will be too effective), or if the comapny can get aroound all the footage to make yearly player tribute, it will be really great.

I'd love to review all the beautiful shots say played by xuxin, and key shots, palyed by him/her this year.

this is really a general social media thing I think any company / ittf / ittf partnered with company can do together. it will boost the sports and company in general.

(2) exclusive footage of diff players (obvious) players training routine (could be confidential)

(3) players analysis (from their public performance): like key strokes they played on backhand, forehand, close, far from table. service etc. I will be very interested.

this is just one direction of where social media groups can go to, I am sure there are many activities that interact with audiences as well. but in the viewpoint of a tt-watcher, these are the first thoughts.

thanks

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi Richard,

Can we have tutorials/lessons like the ones which tibhar has recently posted on youtube? I feel they are fantastic, but they are not in English, so couldn't be understood by many in complete sense. From my point of view, I find that many websites/individuals offer free lessons but no one discusses about the time factor. For example, how much time is needed to incorporate the new skills in game play? I know this might not have a straight answer but as a experienced coach, a person should be able to discuss/demonstrate the tell tale signs/ the pointers so that a learner can know if he is making progress in the right direction.
I feel that in self learning journey this would be of immense help.

thank you and good luck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I think what would be the best would be having invitationals where young players get to play with professionals. I'm sure it would be a great opportunity for both parties. Definitely more videos of players training, new rubbers + blades, and equipment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Have daily reviews of major tournaments-like how stiga had for WTTTC in tokyo.Shot of the day and Moment of the day clips will also be very good.

(Ive subscribed to Joola USA,and ive suggested ways to improve your visibilty,so now a Joola rubber is coming to me:)(I hope))

If thats the case-im eligable for winning a joola rubber:-

My opinion-make tutorials,have more reviews of equipment,like how TTD does.etc

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
Reviews and tutorials are good I guess but to rapidly increase the views and subscibers amount you need to make something unique. As a sponsor you can upload videos of your sponsored players when they are training or doing some epic stuff. Cross-promotion in Youtube is also a good way to get subscribers and views. For example if you know other Youtubers you could make vids together with them so that both of you upload 1 video and put a link to each others videos in the video you are uploading on your own channel. That's probably the best way to get subs quickly. If a tt company for example sponsored us I would be happy to help the sponsor's channel to grow bigger also with this style. It would be good for both the sponsor and the sponsored player(s).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Equipment reviews, technique analysis has their limitations take an example of Stiga and Andro. Though its a good idea to have them in your channel.
One cool idea would be to incorporate "Table Tennis Video News" in your channel. It will have user subscribe to your channel and keep them coming. Videos will have results of the recent event, any new equipment launched, teasers, player information, club information, local tournaments, etc.