Your table tennis club?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Wow, brilliant video, and brilliant club.

Are all 17 tables in match size area/surronds?
I wonder how many tables you can get in if it is only for training purposes (less space per table etc)

Each table has barriers, although I suppose you could cram an extra 5 tables if you just wanted to train more people but 17 is more than adequate it seems.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
she still plays but doesnt really compete anymore

I see, what a pity.
I notice she is on the senior team - tier 2 list, and she is so young too.

But I guess, education is still key.

I met her dad and herself during my visit to the club. Pretty nice people and great hospitality.
Also met Anna, didn't meet Hua, as he was at the Aus Open (tennis)

Any ways, here is some photos for other people to see (of your club :) )
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.671158249601767.1073741860.443481379036123&type=3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Didn't want peoples faces online so I could only get the downstairs
qyru9y4e.jpg
4ubapyta.jpg

wangchenttc.com if anyone wants to see

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The club I go to in NYC has 17 tables, 10,000 sq feet, 25 ft high ceilings, and rubber flooring over wood. They're open every day from 1pm til midnight. The New York Indoor Sports Club is arguably the best club in New York's five boroughs :)

They commissioned me to make a promotional video for them a couple months ago:

Wow what a club! Fantastic coaches, training partners and facilities! Very nice. Thanks for sharing with us, i now want this club on my door step :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
My club is Skien BTK in Telemark, Norway.

The training hall we use is about three handball courts size, and we have one of the handballcourts' half, 20 tables in the building, but only 10 up at a time.. The roof is about 15 meters high, and plenty of space :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Hello everyone,

I would love to share the information on the table tennis club I am training at in Seoul

Club: Sangam Takku chang (Korean expression for "Sangam Table Tennis Club").

Location: 100m from Susaek bus stop cross road to the left, near Digital Media City station (line 6)

Coach and members: VERY friendly.. frankly speaking, I am a foreigner and never trained a single day in my original country, I started my table tennis in Korea for the last 2 years and I have always felt happy hour whenever I train with people at here, with my coach and have some drink to end-up a hard-play day ^^ Not many of them speak English, but they always try to understand you and explain you what they want, even in body language.

Regarding club's features:
- Area: Not sure how big in real number, but it has 5 tables with sufficient space between to play double game, no problem at all.
- Ceiling height: is about 3 meter
- Number of table: Besides 5 tables for playing game, our club has 2 tables in small room at the corner for practicing with robots (I see a lot of beginner also use those table to play game themselves), and another small room (1 table) for private coaching. Besides, a small living room for people to freely chat and drink beer like what I and William (Der_Echte) did before during the game ^^
- Operating time: 'Coz my coach really love table tennis and consider it as essential part of his life, he dedicates almost 9 hour/day (2pm - 11pm) and 365 days/year (no holiday, players come, members come and he will definitely show up)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
BandPhoto_2014_05_29_01_20_45.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TENERGY13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
seems more like a social club (drinking and partying) than TT club, but hey that is Korean culture :p
Drinking and eating (get together) is very important.

I just wonder if your TT club will let you loose weight, or gain weight :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
seems more like a social club (drinking and partying) than TT club, but hey that is Korean culture :p
Drinking and eating (get together) is very important.

I just wonder if your TT club will let you loose weight, or gain weight :p

Haha I gain weight indeed, but from the very very delicious food my girlfriend cooks for me all the time, not really from happy hour with table tennis dudes. In fact, I never train seriously, usually just once a week and some super busy period even down to once a month, thats how Ph.D life treating me :(

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I been to Brice's club a couple times hehe. You do not see a club in Korea with so many foreigners. Even my local club usaually had 1 (me) and I brought in as many as I could (Brice been there a few times too !) but my former local club was simply too far of a subway ride (1 + hr) that it was inconvenient to ride that far very often. We still managed to get Brice and some of his friends to visit two diffierent clubs in the city I lived (Uijeongbu)

Dude who won it all that tourney is the Daegu Div 1 legend himself - Greg.

Reactions: bricephan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
I have played mainly with Champion table so far and barely experienced any another table brands. However, several times on the trips going back my original country (Vietnam), I always tried to hit some balls at there with their local tables (many different brands). Dun get me wrong, I dun want to say anything problem with table causing me to play bad, but the fact is that I missed so many simple shot or even missed the balls when I played on those local table, time to time. And it usually took me the first 30 min or so to familiarize myself with the bounce of local tables back in Vietnam. But well, people there have played for years and they got more experiences on variety of tables and conditions, and I guess my skill is not enough yet to adapt into any new condition rather than my "home" club in Seoul here :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
My academy runs inside a table tennis club in Cape Town - Top Table Tennis Club
The club started in 2011 or 2012

It uses one of the local community multi-sport centre complex, so in other words we need to share it with basketball, badminton, judo, university exams venue etc

There are2 halls, one is a basketball court (main hall) - with enough space on both sides to put stands, so overall we can fit 18 match-space tables in. Or around 25 tables for training purposes.

Here is a photo showing 2/3 of the hall. (2 idea how high the ceiling is, but it is very high)
1510982_711625562221702_443782639705677352_n.jpg

Here is another layout, we can have 5 tables in there, and have 5 rows.
10288713_730902633627328_3289108846119984591_n.jpg

The smaller hall basically can fit 2 badminton courts (length + length)
We can fit 7 x match-space table or around 12 - 15 x practice tables (3 tables in a row x 5 rows)

1896991_689173474466911_86595835_n.jpg

1620429_689173397800252_632753168_n.jpg

We have the main hall on Monday and Wednesday, and the small hall on Tuesday and Saturday
18:00 ~ 22:00 during weeknight and Sat is 09:00 ~ 16:00
We also have the hall during Wed afternoon, but that was planned for a schools program and didn't happen.

Some times we are able to book the hall on the other days, and there is times where the hall is not available for us to use (other TT tournament using our hall, or other sports/activity).

The club has access to 10 tables only, while the venue is also the "storage" of the local provincial body that has maybe over 40 tables stored. Any provincial activity - ie tournament or training will also happen in the same venue. This was also the venue of the SA open last year. And likely the best venue in South Africa.

We also share the venue with 2 other clubs - one unversity and one miltary club. But they aren't always around to train, and only there during league matches.
Another club whose venue is not available for around 3 months in a year (due to exams taking place) also share our venue during those time.

Our club has 9 teams in the local league, + 1 x university + 1 x miltary + 5 x other club, and we had 14 home teams at our venue last night (I wasn't there to take photos). So in essence we had 28 teams of 3 people each + crowd at our league night last night.

I have considered building or renting a full time centre, aiming for 600 to 1000 square meters, which can host between 12 to 22 training tables.
But the time isn't right yet, so I have put all plans on hold, and waiting for the time is right to continue this plan.

At the moment, table tennis development is limited to the venue/hours we have. Most clubs only train once a week, while my academy is 3 times a week only, as Wednesday is reserved for league matches

Reactions: agold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
There's a club in South Durban-The Nelson Mandela Youth Centre(KZN)-a very large venue, can fit around 12 table competition size or 16+ training.I dont live close to there,but went there for a tournament once. as far as I know-they train the whole of sunday,nothin else.

I heard few years ago there was a full time centre - available 7 days a week.
Do you know what happened to it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
My club is Joola Morpeth in Bethnal Green London.

Main hall is 12 Joola tables all in an individual playing area separated by barriers. On busy nights we put in an extra 2 tables (so 14 in that hall).
Small hall is 4 tables.

Lighting is 750 lux. Walls light blue (I can probably find out the value of the light reflective paint if you really want it).
Flooring is sprung wooden.

Changing rooms. showers, small kitchen and rest area away from the hall.

Downside at present is that it can get warm and humid. We are currently waiting for a bespoke air exchange/cooling unit to be built and installed (6 weeks to go) which should keep both down to a really pleasant level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
My club is Joola Morpeth in Bethnal Green London.

Main hall is 12 Joola tables all in an individual playing area separated by barriers. On busy nights we put in an extra 2 tables (so 14 in that hall).
Small hall is 4 tables.

Lighting is 750 lux. Walls light blue (I can probably find out the value of the light reflective paint if you really want it).
Flooring is sprung wooden.

Changing rooms. showers, small kitchen and rest area away from the hall.

Downside at present is that it can get warm and humid. We are currently waiting for a bespoke air exchange/cooling unit to be built and installed (6 weeks to go) which should keep both down to a really pleasant level.

wow, sounds like a professional place :)
You said the name has Joola in it, is it Joola sponsored?

Last edited: