A Video Section to TTD site?

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
Hi guys,

has somebody else too been thinking that it would be nice with a separate video section here on TTD site? The section could have different sub-sections such as "tt match videos", "entertaining/fun videos), "top (most watched&liked) videos of the month", "newest tt videos" and maybe "other epic sport videos" too?

I think it would be best if only moderators/certain TTD members would be able to post the videos there so that the quality (and quantity) of the videos would stay good. Everybody could still of course post their videos normally here on the forum section :)

In my opinion it would be awesome to have all the best tt videos gathered in 1 place to make it easy and comfortable for everybody to watch them. This video-section could possibly also bring the site much more viewers/readers. Having the opportunity to comment, like and share the videos would make the video-section become popular quickly.

This is just my personal opinions and thoughts, would be interesting to hear yours :)

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
Yeah it could be an improvement of the current media-section. The most important things would be to change the name "media" to "videos" and make the section itself more user-friendly. To have sub-sections immediately showing up when you click the "videos-section" would be good. Adding more special kind of videos could also be good, videos like PoP is making and why not trick videos too just to give some examples. I think it should also be great with a sub-section of other sports' epic vids, that section could be entertaining to watch every now and then too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Yeah it could be an improvement of the current media-section. The most important things would be to change the name "media" to "videos" and make the section itself more user-friendly. To have sub-sections immediately showing up when you click the "videos-section" would be good. Adding more special kind of videos could also be good, videos like PoP is making and why not trick videos too just to give some examples. I think it should also be great with a sub-section of other sports' epic vids, that section could be entertaining to watch every now and then too.

Lets just stick to table tennis.other sports shouldnt be combined with a dedicated table tennis section

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
Lets just stick to table tennis.other sports shouldnt be combined with a dedicated table tennis section

Yeah you are right that it might sound a bit strange first but it could be 1 sub-section of many (all others would of couse be tt sub-sections). I just had this idea of TTD once sharing this epic badminton clip (was the same clip but on another Youtube channel, it had a lot more views) on it's FB and it was a great hit that time. Even though it was shown to the tt community people liked it a lot. It could be a not so active section where the posts would be just really epic things of other sports that the moderators comes across too every now and then. The absolute main focus would of course be tt videos though.

This is again just my thought which I think could be good/funny for the section. It's just a suggestion.

Reactions: Dan
says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
Great ideas and suggestions guys, we are looking into these changes over the next few weeks or so :)

Great, I think the section could become quite popular with the right things in it and a good look :)

And that badminton clip was surely good too, clips like that seems to work well also even though they aren't tt. Nearly 1200 likes on TTD fb :D

Last edited:
Reactions: akonebrahim

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Great, I think the section could become quite popular with the right things in it and a good look :)

And that badminton clip was surely good too, clips like that seems to work well also even though they aren't tt. Nearly 1200 likes on TTD fb :D

Yh I totally agree with you @EditingSports It would be perfect for this site.

We will look to give it a make over once we have launched two new projects in the pipeline. Yes you are right, that badminton rally was a big hit on facebook!