Whats your play style or what professional player is your play style like?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
I thought it would be interesting to hear about what play styles people has. I like to have a very strong forehand like Dimitrij Ovtcharov and serve like Jun Mizutani.

I serve like Mizutani too. I also did 144 balls of Matsudaira earlier today. Still not perfect but getting there. And my reverse pendulum serve is 90%.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I hate playing against players like you :) are you a two winged player? Or mainly forehand or backhand?
Both sides, usually I start with BH and continue with FH - if necessary :p.
Most of my offensive opponents do not like to play with me, they usualy say there is no game, because everything finishes in second of third shot.

Reactions: agold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I play like Jun. I drop back immediately. I've gotten better though. I still lose to aggressive blockers because I always give 100% without leaving time to recover.

Make a shorter swing everytime you make a spin, dont use full arm swing..better if you use your hip movement :)

Sent from my HTC One X+

Reactions: agold
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I try to allways find my own way to do things, but I have been told that my style looks like Waldner/Persson/Appelgren combined.. Maybe I've been watching too much old videos on youtube and it has become my style that way :p

But honestly, my style looks most like my style haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I try to allways find my own way to do things, but I have been told that my style looks like Waldner/Persson/Appelgren combined.. Maybe I've been watching too much old videos on youtube and it has become my style that way :p

But honestly, my style looks most like my style haha

Hahah. I'll be surprised if your style doesn't look like your style :D

Reactions: Anders
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
My service receive is most of the time banana flick if its short,or a deep cut if its long.I sometimes attack long 1's but my consistency is not 100%.

i play more of an allround offensive,but cant name any pro players that i think i play like(maybe cos ive gotten my own style)(although i try a placing game sometimes like JO waldner)

serves are reverse pendulum like zhang jike(but not his quality),Timo boll's back-sidespin or ghost serve.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Well it's hard to say that I have a style like anyone. But if there are any players I tend to copy serves and strokes from I would say they're the U.S. players I've been coached or given tips by. Han Xiao, Peter Li, Steven Chan are among the most dominant in my play style. Try to BH like Han, stay calm like Peter, and FH like Steven that's mostly how I've improved actually lol.

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
I do mostly serve pendulum serve and reverse pendulum. Mostly try to attack but first ball not very aggresive, just spinny.
On the receive I use backhand banana or forehand short push (which too often goes long) and the same thing later. When game is open I never just block, always give that little of extra topspin to the ball. When I watched last game of the Walther Ricardo I can really say we have similar styles, but just the other level of play. The main difference is that he is always calm, I am really explosive and that's why I sometimes behave like a goth.

Last edited: