Whats your play style or what professional player is your play style like?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
i don't think anyone should try to play like dima or mizutani or whoever. if you practice hard and smart your style sort of develops on it's own. whichever pro player it resembles most is just an accident. that being said, my style is closest to whichever pro player moves around the least and blocks a lot. :)

Im a person who analyses others,sees their weaknesses and strength and tries to adopt their strengths.although i play my own style,i have adopted many pro's style of play.so i could say i am a 50-50.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Im a person who analyses others,sees their weaknesses and strength and tries to adopt their strengths.although i play my own style,i have adopted many pro's style of play.so i could say i am a 50-50.

That's a good style. I would do that but then I would have to become a good chopper haha.

This user has no status.

copying certain moves can certainly be helpful, but you usually end up playing it in your own way. it's the principle that gets copied and THAT is useful. trying to make some of your shots look exactly the same as someone else' is pointless because your height, weight, balance distribution, arm length etc. is different to theirs. record yourself on camera and you will find most of your shots don't look like you thought they looked, but as long as you are applying a good principle they will work.

for example, copying dima's backhand might be good if it makes you understand the timing and angle of the shot, but you might end up playing something more similar to ma long's backhand.

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
copying certain moves can certainly be helpful, but you usually end up playing it in your own way. it's the principle that gets copied and THAT is useful. trying to make some of your shots look exactly the same as someone else' is pointless because your height, weight, balance distribution, arm length etc. is different to theirs. record yourself on camera and you will find most of your shots don't look like you thought they looked, but as long as you are applying a good principle they will work.

for example, copying dima's backhand might be good if it makes you understand the timing and angle of the shot, but you might end up playing something more similar to ma long's backhand.

This is so true, noone can copy Dima's backhand, and make it look similar to his, it's just unique haha

This user has no status.
I found xu xin on youtube before he rose to through the ranks and I identified with him much earlier on. (Before XX, I was following michael maze.) I did not develop (rather, focus on) proper technique until after i decided to switch to RPB, as I found my self struggling with blind spots and flicking with shakehand. In hindsight, if I had focused on proper form earlier on, I would probably have stayed as a shakehand player and continued to emulate MM and, like all the guys I play, been an euro style player...but I'm glad I switched.

While I have a lot of respect for the euro/jap style play. There is something liberating to me about the chinese style, (chasing back hand balls with your forehand, wide arm swings). Not to mention, I can't afford expensive rubbers :) ..

I turned to TT after a knee injury playing basketball, that was a blessing in disguise. I play TT to stay strong, agile and fit, while burning through my pent up energy. The chinese style of playing cheaper on the wallet, is definitely harder to master (RPB that is), and requiring me to be in peak physical shape. Very few people can play/move like XX, but I know I can. Watching the pros play inspired me to lose weight, focus on leg days at the gym (I never worked out my legs playing basketball, I considered basketball to be my leg workout, as I was able to dunk a basketball in my peak). I don't want to be a better TT player in general, I just want to be able to play TT a certain way (kinda like XX).

This user has no status.
My style is pretty aggressive, but not only aggression. When serving I like to attack early, because I use a lot of variations and different kinds of serves to keep my opponents wary of what they can expect. That way I can set up opportunities for my attacks often.
When receiving it always depends on how strong of a server the opponent is. If I know the serves are weak I will tend to switch between early attacks and well placed pushes. If I know the serves are strong I will always focus on placement first to try and get an opportunity for attacking.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
For me, serve looks like Ma Long but play style is Fan Zhendong, I prefer top spin or side spin drive rather than smash and especially backhand flick as Fan zHendong style is the my special attack.:)

Last edited: