Neo National Blue Sponge Hurricane 3 Tuned

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
the link of ttnpp the orange sponge national should be fine... but its hard to play, very hard rubber though, great spin but needs a lot of boosting to play. I prefer NEO provincial, its just faster and the spin is almost the same.

But isn't neo and non neo the same except for an old boost on neo that will not have any effect?

This user has no status.
i dont think so! Maybe some others know this better, but afaik Neo has No 22 sponge while the old non Neo products still have No 20 sponge. The No 20 was for speed glue and No 22 is good for tuning though.

Youre allready playing the NEO so go for the Neo upgrade in provincial. The normal old H3 plays a little bit differently, harder and more dead, but more spin. Especially on a Viscaria which is a hard blade I would go for the Neo but its up to you, both are great.

I think the old H3 National is in general better quality and last longer, if this is an agrument for you go for the H3 National.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
i dont think so! Maybe some others know this better, but afaik Neo has No 22 sponge while the old non Neo products still have No 20 sponge. The No 20 was for speed glue and No 22 is good for tuning though.

Youre allready playing the NEO so go for the Neo upgrade in provincial. The normal old H3 plays a little bit differently, harder and more dead, but more spin. Especially on a Viscaria which is a hard blade I would go for the Neo but its up to you, both are great.

I think the old H3 National is in general better quality and last longer, if this is an agrument for you go for the H3 National.

I'll do h3 neo provincial. I won't be playing tt for a month starting in about two week and then I'll play for another month or two and then try and boost my current rubber. It's now about a month old.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
UpsideCarlDown, I dont think what you write about the center sheet and the ones around being provincial etc makes sense. For two reasons:

1. if you look at the base edge of the rubber (where the print is) thats a different edge than the other 3 sides. the bottom side is not cut, all the pimples are complete, not cut in half, etc... so my guess is that that surface has never been cut, so they cannot be center/periphery sheets.
2. there is differences in topsheet hardness and elasticity between provincial and commercial sheets, so they can't be cut from the same sheet.

Reactions: bachikho
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
UpsideCarlDown, I dont think what you write about the center sheet and the ones around being provincial etc makes sense. For two reasons:

1. if you look at the base edge of the rubber (where the print is) thats a different edge than the other 3 sides. the bottom side is not cut, all the pimples are complete, not cut in half, etc... so my guess is that that surface has never been cut, so they cannot be center/periphery sheets.
2. there is differences in topsheet hardness and elasticity between provincial and commercial sheets, so they can't be cut from the same sheet.

You never know.but your reasons sound valid.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews

The stamp of the logo is done after the rubbers have been cut. Horizontal cuts often are more in line than vertical cuts because the pips are off set and not perfectly grid except horizontally. At least I hope this is what you're referring to.

Basically speaking you want to think of the sheet of rubber like a piece of dough. The center is the most consistent, but the edges are the least consistent and start to crack or in rubber quality less dense / lower quality. The differences are created because like any viscous material when it dries the edges are smaller than the center. Think drops of water or honey they will always form a domed shape. Well when pressed outwards and glued the top sheets and sponges do the exact same thing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
The stamp of the logo is done after the rubbers have been cut. Horizontal cuts often are more in line than vertical cuts because the pips are off set and not perfectly grid except horizontally. At least I hope this is what you're referring to.

Basically speaking you want to think of the sheet of rubber like a piece of dough. The center is the most consistent, but the edges are the least consistent and start to crack or in rubber quality less dense / lower quality. The differences are created because like any viscous material when it dries the edges are smaller than the center. Think drops of water or honey they will always form a domed shape. Well when pressed outwards and glued the top sheets and sponges do the exact same thing.

Its not just about the cut being in line with the pips, its a 'cleaner' cut, its like not even a cut there. I am pretty sure the topsheets come out of whatever machine as a band as wide as the rubber's height or a bit wider, thats why there is no cut surface on the bottom side. Anyway, provincial and commercial rubbers are not made of the same raw material. its evident if you hold one of each in your hands. both topsheet and sponge differ.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Its not just about the cut being in line with the pips, its a 'cleaner' cut, its like not even a cut there. I am pretty sure the topsheets come out of whatever machine as a band as wide as the rubber's height or a bit wider, thats why there is no cut surface on the bottom side. Anyway, provincial and commercial rubbers are not made of the same raw material. its evident if you hold one of each in your hands. both topsheet and sponge differ.

Its your assumptions. Dont make assumptions unless you can back it up with proof.but your assumptions do have a point in them.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey, I don't really know the production method or standards that DHS uses. I am not 100% sure of anything. That is what I have been told about what the differences actually are. It could be wrong. This video shows production of rubbers in a Japanese plant. The production of rubbers starts just after 9:15 on the video. In this the sheets are rectangular. You also get to see how the topsheet is put on the sponge after the sponge has been cut. They do not show how the topsheet is produced.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Yep this is basically what I've learned as well. Each factory is different, but from ESN and what I know of Chinese factory's the sheets are larger and some have automated machines to do the separation. Butterfly is known to have a more hand made approach which is why the quality of their products is probably a higher standard than other companies.

From the ESN side I know that the center cut rubbers are use for professionals and the outer cuts are used for commercial sales. In China I've heard it's the same process but on an even larger scale seeing as there are just more rubbers coming out of China than pretty much everywhere else.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
salestabletennis is by a guy named anonlau in mytabletennis who sells 90% fake rubbers. Furthermore the picture he put online is not taken by his own, there are a lot of pictures in taobao which are exactly the same. So there is no way in hell salestabletennis sells real products.

http://ttnpp.com/store/dhs/339-neo-d...l-6-edges.html

I dont think you can go wrong with this one and provincial is enough, you dont really need national...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
salestabletennis is by a guy named anonlau in mytabletennis who sells 90% fake rubbers. Furthermore the picture he put online is not taken by his own, there are a lot of pictures in taobao which are exactly the same. So there is no way in hell salestabletennis sells real products.

http://ttnpp.com/store/dhs/339-neo-d...l-6-edges.html

I dont think you can go wrong with this one and provincial is enough, you dont really need national...

Ok. Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Again I'm told Provincial Rubbers and National Rubbers only come in 2.2 mm sponge thickness. I trust the Chinese professionals that I know so if you think it's genuine it doesn't really matter because it all depends on if you like the rubber. There is a lot of hype on the NEO rubbers, but personally I don't know any professional who likes them because they would much rather tune it themselves. I've also been told that there are several fake rubbers out there that play pretty well actually, but the quality control on these rubbers are very low so they'll find maybe 1 out of every 10 sheets they try is useable. But again it all just matters on what you think of the rubber and if you like it then it can work for you.

This user has no status.
Again I'm told Provincial Rubbers and National Rubbers only come in 2.2 mm sponge thickness. I trust the Chinese professionals that I know so if you think it's genuine it doesn't really matter because it all depends on if you like the rubber. There is a lot of hype on the NEO rubbers, but personally I don't know any professional who likes them because they would much rather tune it themselves. I've also been told that there are several fake rubbers out there that play pretty well actually, but the quality control on these rubbers are very low so they'll find maybe 1 out of every 10 sheets they try is useable. But again it all just matters on what you think of the rubber and if you like it then it can work for you.

2.2 is for the old non Neo rubbers. On these its true, they come always in 2.2. But for the NEO series and their provincial and nationals they come in 2.1 and 2.15. Even ZJK was playing a 2.1 rubber on the WTTC 2013 because he is boosting so much otherwise the rubbers would get to thick. Furthermore its not true that NEO series is lower quality in tackiness, yes the commercial ones, but not the REAL national Neo rubbers, they are really really tacky as the earlier ones.

But when it comes to NEO vs. non Neo its really really personal preferences. I prefer NEO because its faster and more springy (Im talking about the orange sponge of course) than non Neo. In tackiness they are the same, I played both, H3 and H3N provincial and they had same quality in tackiness.

And all the Pros of the chinese national team are playing NEO series, on the sponge the "P" before the numbers standts afaik for pretuned and this is just with NEO rubbers. ZJK rubber of WTTC 2013 is here for example. 947121image.jpg 800721image.jpg

You can see ZJK personal writings on the rubber even if its dark you can see it a little bit, the qualtiy of the picture is not that good. Then the P for pretuned so NEO and the Eifelturm for WTTC 2013. This is a photo by ittf of his rubber.