Neo National Blue Sponge Hurricane 3 Tuned

This user has no status.
I have a question about tuning H3 which I will do for the first time. When I tune it again after a month or whatever, do I have to out more glue on?
Yes, you will have to tune the H3 again after approximately 3-4 weeks. You will have to remove the rubber, tune it, wait for the dome to come down, and re-glue the rubber. This is why I spoke earlier about the need for several rubbers, if you play more than once a week!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
H3 is designed to be hard..tuning makes it soft. so why not settle for a softer rubber like tenergy etc.. it saves you more time besides.. boosting tuning is not considered playing fair
:) hehe when you are hooked to that boosting it becomes a mental state that you wont be able to play your game if you do not boost your rubber..

Sent from my HTC One X+

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
H3 is designed to be hard..tuning makes it soft. so why not settle for a softer rubber like tenergy etc.. it saves you more time besides.. boosting tuning is not considered playing fair
:) hehe when you are hooked to that boosting it becomes a mental state that you wont be able to play your game if you do not boost your rubber..

Sent from my HTC One X+

Of course I want to play by the rules. Falco Long Booster is legal as long as I don't get any on the top sheet.

This user has no status.
the booster simply kills the sponge and makes it dead. If you try to bounce the ball its not going to work, the rubber is dead. Its because of the booster, you get the maximum out of the rubber like 1 and a half to 2 month maybe and then the rubber is completely done. But i am boosting a lot and heavy, if you just put 2 layers on your rubber and reboost it after 6 weeks, its going to be good a litlle bit longer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
the booster simply kills the sponge and makes it dead. If you try to bounce the ball its not going to work, the rubber is dead. Its because of the booster, you get the maximum out of the rubber like 1 and a half to 2 month maybe and then the rubber is completely done. But i am boosting a lot and heavy, if you just put 2 layers on your rubber and reboost it after 6 weeks, its going to be good a litlle bit longer.

Wow. Maybe I won't boost the rubber then. How do I get the full H3 experience then?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
The last setup Tim was using at Worlds was a Butterfly Viscaria with H3 and T05 on BH.

If you're using NEO it has less spin than original anyways. Add to the fact that it dies quickly which is correct. Regular H3 provincial will last anywhere from 3-6 months depending on reboosting. I've use my current sheet of h3 for the last 3 months and it will likely last me another 3 months. I typically only have to change after a lot of tournaments, but I train about 15-20 hours a week.

Boosting and reboosting H3 should be done with chinese boosters because the paraffin oils don't properly melt the glue and often make the sponge very "wet" in feeling. If you want a crisp feel to it you'd want to boost it with dianchi, haifu, or kai li.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
The last setup Tim was using at Worlds was a Butterfly Viscaria with H3 and T05 on BH.

If you're using NEO it has less spin than original anyways. Add to the fact that it dies quickly which is correct. Regular H3 provincial will last anywhere from 3-6 months depending on reboosting. I've use my current sheet of h3 for the last 3 months and it will likely last me another 3 months. I typically only have to change after a lot of tournaments, but I train about 15-20 hours a week.

Boosting and reboosting H3 should be done with chinese boosters because the paraffin oils don't properly melt the glue and often make the sponge very "wet" in feeling. If you want a crisp feel to it you'd want to boost it with dianchi, haifu, or kai li.

So I can't use falco long? Everyone says it is a great booster for h3.

Also: do you mean that if I will boost, I should on h3, and if not then on h3 NEO

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I have this information from professionals, but it's really to each his own. I trust professional advice over amateur advice, but again if you don't notice a difference then it probably doesn't matter. As I'm training more I can feel the difference if I'm using a bad glue job vs a good glue job and this has helped my consistency greatly in recent months.