No spin in serves

This user has no status.
No spin serve it is very nice if you can deliver it short low over the net..
It is very difficult for the opponent to make that ball kick so most likely you are goin to have the 1st attack :eek:

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Opponent can still put it over with a soft touch so that you cannot attack too and you have too soft touch it again or prepare for your opponent's attack. IMHO no spin service is useful only once in a while to trick your opponent making him believe that it's backspin. If your opponent understands that it's no spin it becomes useless.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
No spin serve it is very nice if you can deliver it short low over the net..
It is very difficult for the opponent to make that ball kick so most likely you are goin to have the 1st attack :eek:

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Also nice if they think it's backspin even if it's high ish.

says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
There are many service learning tips at other sites with video. The guys at pingskills lecture some pro's serves and they build it up from the basic touch to the whole motion. Try some basic touches first. Change rubber if these does not work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Chinese rubbers are usually good in for serves.
Maybe you should try really concentrating on the ball (like staring) while it is falling before the contact and there you can focus on how you are going to contact the ball. Make sure that there is initial motion of the racket upon contact.
Some pro players toss the ball higher than normal so that it has initial velocity for greater contact force.
Upon learning spin serve, you must never forget to vary the magnitude of spin. No-spin serve is also an asset. Haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
new rubbers my friend!

I would say work on the technique. Search on youtube on serve tutorials and then practice practice practice, theres no other way.
Takes a long time to get the right touch and also experiment on where on the rubber you should hit the ball to generate as much spin as possible.
But don't forget that spin is not everything when it comes to serve. A good placement and much variation is the key!
Long serves is also highly underestimated if it suits your game style. Good luck.

Either, your rubbers are dead or you don't brush the ball.
Trust me, if you have dead rubbers, then I can help you out because I used to have short pimples on BH and my FH rubber was completely dead.
What I mostly do is that I try and move my elbow and wrist really quickly. However, if you have quick rubbers this may not work. I had quite slow rubbers.
Nowadays, I do not wait for my rubbers to die completely, I just buy new ones after around they lose a bit of grip but not all of it.

Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
Services can be only mastered by practicing them, but matches can be won, if you know how to confuse your opponent, who would actually beat you in open game.

I usually practice one or two serve types a week for 200-200 times. And in my league I usually get 3-5 point in the first matches from serves in one game and in the following game this number increases by 1 or 2.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 2 reviews
Services can be only mastered by practicing them, but matches can be won, if you know how to confuse your opponent, who would actually beat you in open game.

I usually practice one or two serve types a week for 200-200 times. And in my league I usually get 3-5 point in the first matches from serves in one game and in the following game this number increases by 1 or 2.

Good! Well, thanks. I must do what you have said, cause I know I can't see what I want to do with my serve. I need PRACTICE! Thanks bro..

Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
First try to select a move, like pendulum swing, reverse-pendulum swing, tomahawk swing... then practice/master that swing type with diferent spins/ nospin. Try to make different spin generating touches look the same, so minimise the ball brushing action, but make it also fast to get the desired amount of speed. This way you can "hide" your true intention of your type of serve, which can be observed only when you are touching the ball, leaving your opponent confused any always on alert to figure out what are you going to serve.

One of my friend has a terrible serving routine. Three seconds earlier to the ball toss I know what he is going to serve, because his body has a ritual and a starting position for each of his serve. For example when he steps back and leans back, it will be a long, but heavy underspin ball tomahawk serve. I have 5 seconds after realizing this to prepare for my loop attack...

So try to make your services look the same as possible, use no rituals/movements or always use the same!