Back to Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 7 176
    TTjhonel04's Avatar
    TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 176 7
    #1

    Anyone knows of Nittaku DHS hurricane 3?

    I've seen a rubber called Nittaku DHS Hurricane 3 being sold in a facebook group, and I've been curious of it, are there anyone of you who have used the rubber or just be familiar of it? I want to try it but before that I would want to know more of it's background or it's details?

  2. MDanielCRO is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 198 794
    MDanielCRO's Avatar
    MDanielCRO is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 794 198
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by TTjhonel04
    I've seen a rubber called Nittaku DHS Hurricane 3 being sold in a facebook group, and I've been curious of it, are there anyone of you who have used the rubber or just be familiar of it? I want to try it but before that I would want to know more of it's background or it's details?
    DHS made it for Nittaku, but I don't know anything else.

  3. TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 7 176
    TTjhonel04's Avatar
    TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 176 7
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MDanielCRO
    DHS made it for Nittaku, but I don't know anything else.
    I've read of that a while ago while searching it through the internet ).. but unfortunately. I can't find a good review about it

  4. JustAlt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 34 289
    J
    JustAlt is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 289 34

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2011
    Finland
    289
    34
    439
    Read 0 Reviews
    #4
    You should always check tabletennisdb if you want to know about equipment. Nittaku hurricane is basically a dhs hurricane topsheet with a softer japanese style sponge. You can read some reviews here: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/...rricane-3.html

    Edit: oops only one review there this time..
    Last edited by JustAlt; 06-15-2014 at 06:03 AM.

  5. TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 7 176
    TTjhonel04's Avatar
    TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 176 7
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlt
    You should always check tabletennisdb if you want to know about equipment. Nittaku hurricane is basically a dhs hurricane topsheet with a softer japanese style sponge. You can read some reviews here: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/...rricane-3.html

    Edit: oops only one review there this time..

    yep just saw it when I reviewed the site.. still I need a larger and broader review about the rubber

  6. mahomedy13 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 492 1,777
    mahomedy13's Avatar
    mahomedy13 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,777 492

    User Info Menu

    #6
    on this topic of 2 brand names on 1 rubber,has anyone ever used the stiga/yasaka cobra rubber?

    I have used it(on a friends bat),it is excellent in speed and spin,not a tensioned rubber.

    Ive searched everywhere for it,but cannot find any for sale.

  7. TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 7 176
    TTjhonel04's Avatar
    TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 176 7
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mahomedy13
    on this topic of 2 brand names on 1 rubber,has anyone ever used the stiga/yasaka cobra rubber?

    I have used it(on a friends bat),it is excellent in speed and spin,not a tensioned rubber.

    Ive searched everywhere for it,but cannot find any for sale.
    what rubber do you mean that you've already use? the stiga/yasaka cobra rubber? or the Nittaku DHS H3?

  8. mahomedy13 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 492 1,777
    mahomedy13's Avatar
    mahomedy13 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,777 492

    User Info Menu

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TTjhonel04
    what rubber do you mean that you've already use? the stiga/yasaka cobra rubber? or the Nittaku DHS H3?
    the stiga/yasaka.

    sorry for the misunderstanding

  9. TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 7 176
    TTjhonel04's Avatar
    TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 176 7
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mahomedy13
    the stiga/yasaka.

    sorry for the misunderstanding
    ahh. I see,, my 1st time to ever heard of it though....

  10. htfu is offline
    says denial, it's not just a river in north africa
     
    Established TTD Member 51 191
    H
    htfu is offline
    says denial, it's not just a river in north africa
     
    Established TTD Member 191 51
    #10
    there are a few versions of the nittaku rubber :

    nittaku hurricane 2 : http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_p...products_id=57
    nittaku hurricane 3 : http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_p...products_id=58

    those are the nittaku packaged versions of the normal dhs hurricane 2 & 3. the topsheet is apparently slightly better quality than the normal dhs commercial.

    hurricane 2 neo : http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=1150
    hurricane 3 neo : http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=1152

    same thing as the straight hurricanes, apparently the topsheet is slightly better quality.

    hurricane 2 pro : http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_p...products_id=55
    hurricane 3 pro : http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_p...products_id=56

    these are apparently equivalent to the provincial quality dhs rubbers.

    there are also nt50 type of both hurricane 2 & 3, these have a japanse sponge vs the standard hard chinese sponge. topsheet-wise they are apparently also slightly better quality than the standard dhs commercial sheets.

    the big thing with the nittaku versions, so i am lead to believe, is that they are way more consistent so there should be way less variance from one sheet to another.
    Last edited by htfu; 06-15-2014 at 02:04 PM.

  11. LethalForehand is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 23 67
    L
    LethalForehand is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 67 23

    User Info Menu


    Jun 2012
    Hungary
    67
    23
    201
    Read 0 Reviews
    #11
    I tried the nittaku H3 Pro, its no way near close to a provincial level H3, I believe its a repackaged old-style commercial H3 (although havent played commercial H3 for a long time). Nittaku H3 pro was a really big disappointment after the provincial.

  12. UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,805 14,219
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 14,219 15,805
    #12
    If you are looking for other rubbers, this is something to look into: Tibar Grip S: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/tibhar-grip-s.html

    Some of the Chinese Women's team members use this. It is a Blue Whale II topsheet with a German sponge. It is supposed to be pretty good.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

  13. TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 7 176
    TTjhonel04's Avatar
    TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 176 7
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by LethalForehand
    I tried the nittaku H3 Pro, its no way near close to a provincial level H3, I believe its a repackaged old-style commercial H3 (although havent played commercial H3 for a long time). Nittaku H3 pro was a really big disappointment after the provincial.

    How could you say that it is a really big disappointment after the provincial? could you state any differences that you can say? or are there just a little or close similarities of both rubbers?

  14. TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 7 176
    TTjhonel04's Avatar
    TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 176 7
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl
    If you are looking for other rubbers, this is something to look into: Tibar Grip S: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/tibhar-grip-s.html

    Some of the Chinese Women's team members use this. It is a Blue Whale II topsheet with a German sponge. It is supposed to be pretty good.
    Never heard of that one before... any good side of it?

  15. mahomedy13 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 492 1,777
    mahomedy13's Avatar
    mahomedy13 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,777 492

    User Info Menu

    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TTjhonel04
    Never heard of that one before... any good side of it?
    Liu Shiwen used to use it.now she uses hurricane/skyline blue sponge(judging from china open).maybe im wrong about her new rubber,but i think im right.

  16. TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 7 176
    TTjhonel04's Avatar
    TTjhonel04 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 176 7
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mahomedy13
    Liu Shiwen used to use it.now she uses hurricane/skyline blue sponge(judging from china open).maybe im wrong about her new rubber,but i think im right.
    Blue Sponge? meaning it is a national team's rubber right?

  17. mahomedy13 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 492 1,777
    mahomedy13's Avatar
    mahomedy13 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,777 492

    User Info Menu

    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TTjhonel04
    Blue Sponge? meaning it is a national team's rubber right?
    Probably its a national.

  18. htfu is offline
    says denial, it's not just a river in north africa
     
    Established TTD Member 51 191
    H
    htfu is offline
    says denial, it's not just a river in north africa
     
    Established TTD Member 191 51
    #18
    hurricane 3 neo definitely comes in provincial blue sponge, tg3 neo apparently too ... so a blue sponge rubber is not always a national. confirmation of this from multiple sources would be needed.

  19. UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,805 14,219
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 14,219 15,805
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by htfu
    hurricane 3 neo definitely comes in provincial blue sponge, tg3 neo apparently too ... so a blue sponge rubber is not always a national. confirmation of this from multiple sources would be needed.
    But a Chinese National Team player is not going to go out and buy Provincial rubber when they are GIVEN National. I am sure a CNT player would be using National rubber.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

  20. UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,805 14,219
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 14,219 15,805
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by TTjhonel04
    Never heard of that one before... any good side of it?
    Look at this thread:

    http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/fo...m-Bat-pictures!

    and look at the black rubber for Guo Yue and Liu Shiwen. When those photos were taken in 2011, both of them were using Grip-S. If it was not good, those two would not have used it, even for just one tournament. Again, it is a Haifu Blue Whale II topsheet with a different sponge and a glue sheet on it.

    If you like H3 it is worth trying. And you can read the reviews on ttdb if you follow the link from my previous post about the rubber.

    The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

    Rajah*

    Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 06-17-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.