says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Glad you like the review guys.

Nice review!
I got a question: what about pimple rubbers with this polyball? Have you tried?

Greetings

Yes I spoke with professional player Brit Eerland regarding the new ball as she has tried it. She said she thinks it will benefit short pimple players as the bounce is higher they can do more with the ball.

Because the ball jumps a little higher you can hit harder and your success rate should be higher.

This user has no status.
This is a bizarre situation, why we should accept these new rules, the characteristics of the current ball are crucial for the different types of game. The polly ball does not feet with our sport and the answer is easy…..it is not spinny!!!
Are there any consistent reasons that justify this change?

Yes there are a couple reasons.
First of all the celluloid is infammable.
In some countries the production is not allowed due to the fact that acetone is used in manufacture.

At least thats what i read
source (german):http://www.swp.de/ehingen/sport/son...elluloidball-wird-abgeschafft;art3678,2569963

Reactions: TTHopeful
says Aging is a killer
Yes there are a couple reasons.
First of all the celluloid is infammable.
In some countries the production is not allowed due to the fact that acetone is used in manufacture.

At least thats what i read
source (german):http://www.swp.de/ehingen/sport/son...elluloidball-wird-abgeschafft;art3678,2569963

I doubt that that would be reason enough to ban manufacturing. After all handling any petroleum product, manufacturing explosives or even nuclear bombs are very dangerous yet ways are found.

This user has no status.
I heard that it's even because celluloid balls are made in two parts while poly just one shell and so they save money and materials...
But I'm against changing ball too, actually the game could be completely revolutionized because of the lack of spin. I think that fast rubbers will be more used than tacky ones and the game will be much faster.

Last edited:

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
How many brands started to make poly balls?

Tibhar, Joola, Andro, Donic, Nittaku, Stiga, DHS, Double Fish, Butterfly, Cornilleau, Giant Dragon, Hanno, Kinson, Palio, Sunflex, TSP and Xushaofa have all had their plastic balls approved by the ITTF. The German brands are just starting to become available in Europe but the Chinese and Japanese brands haven't reached us yet - I'd expect this to look very different come August or September.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I heard that it's even because celluloid balls are made in two parts while poly just one shell and so they save money and materials...
But I'm against changing ball too, actually the game could be completely revolutionized because of the lack of spin. I think that fast rubbers will be more used than tacky ones and the game will be much faster.
No, its not because saving money by using only one shell. Most of the poly balls have seems like old balls.

says Aging is a killer
Tibhar, Joola, Andro, Donic, Nittaku, Stiga, DHS, Double Fish, Butterfly, Cornilleau, Giant Dragon, Hanno, Kinson, Palio, Sunflex, TSP and Xushaofa have all had their plastic balls approved by the ITTF. The German brands are just starting to become available in Europe but the Chinese and Japanese brands haven't reached us yet - I'd expect this to look very different come August or September.
Someone on another forum identified that there are only 4 manufacturers.
Most of the European makes (seamed) are re-branded DHS balls. They they may differ slightly because they submitted their own specifications to the manufacturer.

Edited to add:
According to forum wisdom, none of the European brands manufacture balls. In Japan only Nittaku and Butterfly have the capability.
If anyone knows more or differently, I'd love to hear from you.

Last edited: