Joola maxxx vs joola rhyzm.. Compare!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Maxxx is significantly slower. Having played with both, rhythm would get my vote every time for speed, control and spin, no matter which type of rhythm or max you use...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
But which rubber has higher throw, better intolerancy to spin, better topspin, catapult, control ?

TY

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Having tried this rubber when it first came out and using both for a year each they're both great rubbers, but they're not meant to be a replacement rubber, but rather a tiered set of choices.

Maxxx 50.0, Maxxx 45.0, Maxxx 40.0, Rhyzm 48.0, Rhyzm 42.5, Rhyzm 37.5 in spin from lowest to highest on off the bounce shots (low end power).

Maxxx 50.0, Maxxx 45.0, Rhyzm 48.0, Maxxx 40.0, Rhyzm 42.5, Rhyzm 37.5 in control from lowest to highest on off the bounce shots (low end power).

Maxxx 50.0, Rhyzm 48.0, Maxxx 45.0, Maxxx 40.0, Rhyzm 42.5, Rhyzm 37.5 in throw angle from lowest to highest on off the bounce shots (low end power).

Maxxx 40.0, Rhyzm 37.5, Maxxx 45.0, Rhyzm 42.5,Maxxx 50.0, Rhyzm 48.0 in speed from lowest to highest on off the bounce shots (low end power).

Rhyzm 37.5, Maxxx 40.0, Rhyzm 42.5, Maxxx 45.0, Rhyzm 48.0, Maxxx 50.0 in spin from lowest to highest on looping spin (high end power).

Maxxx 40.0, Rhyzm 37.5, Maxxx 45.0, Rhyzm 42.5, Maxxx 50.0, Rhyzm 48.0 in control from lowest to highest on looping spin (high end power).

Maxxx 40.0, Rhyzm 37.5, Maxxx 45.0, Rhzym 48.0, Rhyzm 42.5, Maxxx 50.0 in throw from lowest to highest on looping spin (high end power).

Maxxx 40.0, Rhyzm 37.5, Maxxx 45.0, Rhzym 42.5, Rhzym 48.0, Maxxx 50.0 in speed from lowest to highest on looping spin (high end power).

These were all tested on JOOLA blades: Fever, K7, Falcon Fast.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
At the risk of opprobrium for re-opening an old thread, I'm gonna do it anyway because this one is so close to my dilemma !

I'm looking to replace ( or at least augment ) my ancient Stiga Contra Super Carbon/Aurus setup. The characteristics of this combination could be summed up as light and balanced (small blade and longish handle), fast, fairly spinny and making a wonderful high-pitched crack when you catch the ball right. The handle is a little on the skinny side but apart from that I totally love it.

I'm not prepared to pay Butterfly's or indeed Stiga's prices unless my lottery numbers come up so I'm currently looking at getting a Joola K7. Maybe if I didn't have to justify my spending to anyone else, but......well I'm sure you know the score ! What I can't currently decide is whether to put Rhyzm or Maxxx 500 on the blade; according to Joola's own figures they are pretty much identical in both speed and spin, but I gather from the posts above that the difference is considerably wider than that and I'd be far better off with Rhyzm.

Is that right ? Is there any other carbon blade I should be considering as a mid-priced replacement for the Stiga ? Over to you guys !

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Everybody has been giving extremely complicated posts, and i think i can simplify it for you:
Rhyzm hits better
Maxxx spins better

Reactions: JHB

JHB

Thanks Zed ! Now, that is exactly the sort of inpuj I was looking for. It sounds like Rhyzm is the one for me, I only really want spin from my service - as long as drives and loops spin enough to come down and hit the table, that's fine by me.

Rajah - for some reason quoting phrases (almost) verbatim from Joola's website doesn't inspire total confidence. It's probably me, but....... Also, by Joola's own figures, the Fever is slower than the K7 - don't know how much store to set by that thou

Does anyone understand why no manufacturer other than Butterfly quote the actual dimensions of their blades ? In the UK you have no chance at all of examining and comparing blades without buying them !

Reactions: ZED

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Thanks Zed ! Now, that is exactly the sort of inpuj I was looking for. It sounds like Rhyzm is the one for me, I only really want spin from my service - as long as drives and loops spin enough to come down and hit the table, that's fine by me.

You're welcome! I'm glad i could help.
Do note that tensors are second to chinese rubbers in service, however.
Rhyzm has excellent spin, don't get me wrong.

But if you were to use the other side (a chinese rubber)to serve that might help.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Yes john fever is a lil slower that it will give you more dwell time than a faster blade. Fever can give you enough power playing at mid distance. And yes verbatim regarding wood layers from the catalogue i dont want to give mixedup info regarding wood layers.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

JHB

You're welcome! I'm glad i could help.
Do note that tensors are second to chinese rubbers in service, however.
Rhyzm has excellent spin, don't get me wrong.

But if you were to use the other side (a chinese rubber)to serve that might help.

My "other" blade has Chinese rubbers. You're right, they do give more spin especially the tacky ones, but they don't give the effortless pace which European/Japanese rubbers provide. If I go for a new bat I'll stick with the Rhyzm.

Rajah, thanks for your input too, didn't mean to sound ungrateful ! I note from Bribar's site that Sam Walker uses a Joola Fever - food for thought if the professionals are favouring that blade !

says Training Camps In Hungary! www.tabletennistrainingcamps.com
says Training Camps In Hungary! www.tabletennistrainingcamps.com
Jan 2013
RHYZMMMM!

By far the better rubber personally i would say after tenergy and evolution mxp, Rhyzm has to be up there with one of the best rubbers around.

'Insert plug now'

Rhyzm rubbers for £30 A Sheet!

Send me a message or view the shop

https://www.ttaway.com/shop

JHB

As my posts that you've replied to were two years ago, it's only fair I give you an update. I eventually went for the K7 with Rhyzm, and immediately started playing as though I'd been born with it in my hand ! Not only that but the Rhyzm lasted the better part of two years before I felt it was time to put new rubbers on.

I'm currently playing with MX-P/MX-S which seems to suit me almost as well, however I'm still tempted to return to Rhyzm next time around. But who knows, there could be a whole new batch of rubbers to consider by then - although I'll keep the K7 until I break it. Coincidentally I'm also now in a position to consider Butterfly when I next want a change - yet another EJ in the making.......