Best rubbers for plastic Ball

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
What are the best rubbers for plastic ball? Does the Tenergy series will continue on top of decisions? Or is there no big change?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I have this feeling softer rubbers may help some types of players with the new ball. If someone cannot generate a lot of power I think a softer rubber will perhaps suit them more. Just an idea i have in my head at the moment :)

I think this because the new ball feels heavier and is slower, a softer rubber will help against backspin balls and when playing away from the table. But ill experiment and edit my review here later to see what I find out :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Dan Good analysis but what kind of soft rubber for example? how many degrees?
Certain is that the market is going to increasingly hard rubber'm talking about 50degrees.
Then he says how did this test. Thks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
I've tried Tibhar MX-P (medium hard), DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (medium hard) and Tibhar 5q vip with the new ball - all seemed to perform quite adequately with the new ball. My opponents used Tenergy 05 and Xiom Omega IV Asia, and did not complain about their rubber's performance either.
Did you feel like you had to work more at all with the Hurricane?
I wanna know more about the new hurricane 8 theyve been developing!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
The new ball it's harder to generate spin and power so something which has a good tensored topsheet and soft sponge to generate a bit more catapult effect. Maybe something like Tibhar Aurus would work well with the new ball. Once the ball comes out and becomes more available and used this topic of conversation should grow a lot more! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I think donic make new rubber for this ball ....
I hate ittf ....
Because it changes the tt without any reason...
Speed glue and 39mm ball and now this new bullshit ball!!!
They are crazy!!!
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_1023 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Did you feel like you had to work more at all with the Hurricane?
I wanna know more about the new hurricane 8 theyve been developing!!!

Well, one has to work more with the Hurricane even with the normal celluloid ball - as compared to non-tacky rubbers like MX-P or 5Q. In fact, I found counter-looping to be a touch easier with the new ball regardless of which rubber was used, tacky or non-tacky, - because there was a bit less incoming topspin.

But even with the new ball, a Hurricane user will enjoy the characteristic low-throw low-bounce loops and same control in the short game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I don't see any reason to change straight away, would take plenty of time practicing with the new ball before making a decision and it's going to be very dependent on your only style of game. May lead to people going for quicker bats to try to get back some of the power. I would ignore any of the manufacturers saying they've developed bats/rubbers especially for the new ball as it'll just be a ploy to make people change their equipment unnecessarily.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
i believe that the dhs hurricane 3-50 and hurricane 8 will improve your game with the new ball.in an interview with dhs,they said that they had started the developement of new rubbers in 2012 when plans to change the ball was introduced.they created the plastic ball as well as rubbers that suited it(which allowed more spin to be created easily etc).all this info is in another thread(not sure the name though)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I think donic make new rubber for this ball ....
I hate ittf ....
Because it changes the tt without any reason...
Speed glue and 39mm ball and now this new bullshit ball!!!
They are crazy!!!
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_1023 using Tapatalk
they're changing the ball because celluloid factories are closing one by one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
The manufacturers will market for the new ball. Just ignore them. They're full of it at the best of times, and this is not the best of times.

It's early days, but I'm not sure about soft sponges being the answer. I use a lot of soft sponges on my BH, and I found it hard(er) to generate power with the DHS 40+ ball. Unless I got a really good contact on the ball, it just dropped off into the net. I had to be really sharp, and it will need work.

On the other hand, it's natural for players to want to claw back some of that lost spin. I think softer topsheets on medium/hard sponges are one answer. The best fit I've found so far is Omega V Pro. Enough power to punch the ball, and the topsheet grip is very, very high. So I might go with that on both sides.

Ultimately, it's too early to say a lot about this. And how many local leagues are going to use the new ball this year? You can't even get an orange version yet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I use tenergy 05 and Joola Maxxx, which are both hard rubber and got plenty of spin and control. Mind you I hate soft rubbers with a passion and have never got on well with them.

Can't see many local leagues taking it on this year. I imagine the GP entries in the UK will be well down as they're using the new ball after the first two. I was told by the organiser of the British league that they definitely won't be using the new ball, so that's quite a statement if one of the biggest domestic competitions in the UK doesn't use it.